Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Yellow Headlights!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2005, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Yellow Headlights!

A few days ago I ordered my new headlight bulbs. I got sick of my purplish HID style ones, so now I went with straight up Krypton Yellow bulbs. Just installed them last night, and oh boy, they are sweet! I can see like 10x better than with my other "hyper white" or purpleish ones. The good part is, that these bulbs are so freakin cheap, I ordered like 4 of them, just incase one accidently decides to burn out, I have extras. But really, the quality on the bulbs is top notch. The rubber gasket around the base is perfect, the plastic is strong, the filaments are fixed in place REALLY GOOD and the coating on the bulb is amazing. The second I installed them, I was all by myself and just started laughing because they look so awesome, plus they match my car.

Here's a pic of the bulb and the website I ordered from. (came in 3 days) Only $3.49 per bulb.. order thru paypal. They also have LED replacements for ALL of the lights in the Lancer. I currently also have their LED lights for my side marker lights in my headlights, hyperwhite LED reverse lights, and hyperwhite LED licence plate lights.

************************* (click on headlight bulbs under automotive bulbs table)

9007 Bulb for the Lancer.

Their H7 bulb, just to show the good quality/color of the bulbs.

I'll take more pictures when I get off work of my bulbs I got in the mail, and how they look on the car at night. Recommend!! +1000!!!!!
Old Jul 28, 2005, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you know if these bulbs are legal?
Old Jul 28, 2005, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Hrm, according to my city/state laws, the headlights are legal. They allow aftermarket bulb replacements in the colors of "hyperwhite" and yellow. Its really hard to find the laws, so I don't know where you would ask besides the police station. But if someone gave you a hastle about the slight variations of bulb colors, thats terrible. The yellow is actually easier on your eyes, and you can see better from inside the car when you look out at the road. Most state laws just list a wattage requirement corresponding your bulb size, not even having color/glare as a concern. But if the bulb varies in wattage, then you are fine, because you would actually have to change your wiring and everything for the bulb to "show" that many watts on its output.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

the real problem we seem to be missing is the obsession with yellow....

how much is too much?
Old Jul 28, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

lol. Hey, might as well make everything match on the car. It looks pretty freakin sweet at a distance when you see the headlights. But really, you can see the road much better with these bulbs compared to all the different hyper white's I've owned. Maybe when I get sick of these regular bulbs, I'll get HID's. But for those I'd want projectors.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Oh my god as if there isn't enough yellow on the car already

I'm feelin' them. I too am concerned about the legality of the bulbs in some states. I've seen them used as foglights like on the Lexus cars and what not. Nice find though, be sure to post up some pictures once you got those up and running!
Old Jul 28, 2005, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

have had them for a month or so. they are great, and the are truely yellow,
Old Jul 28, 2005, 05:20 PM
Account Disabled

i wanna see pics, i'm all for super bright lights, and i would go HID but not without projects first (i'm a considerate modder )
Old Jul 28, 2005, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

they aren't SUPER bright, i would say like a yellow ver of the silvina silverstars??!?
Old Jul 28, 2005, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

ok, well, my stupid camera phone does auto white balancing so these pictures turned out gay, lol. Basically, the only light it could adjust itself to was yellow, so it turned yellow light into white light. ahhh. My parents have the digital camera on vacation, and my girlfriend just left and took hers home. I'll have to try this again tomorrow at her house, but here are some pix to show the brightness. They are REALLY BRIGHT.

^--In this one you can almost see how the light is yellow, and kind of a plasma purple color near the base of the bulb. But the picture still blows.

Sorry guys. Tomorrow I'll actually take good ones so you can tell the light is actually yellow.

Last edited by wiretap; Dec 11, 2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

I love the yellow!

I just bought the blue ones though. Would look beteter with a silvr car like mine.

They are pretty cheap, maybe I will order yellow ones in the future just to try them out.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

arnt regular bulbs kinda yellowish? if so i dont see why its illegal
Old Jul 29, 2005, 03:28 AM
Evolved Member

def bright!
any before pics?
Old Jul 29, 2005, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Yea, I'll post more, like before and after pix. I don't have many before pix, but hopefully I can find some. Actually, when you are at a distance from the car, they are almost like a HID headlight, but with a yellow tint. Its hard to explain. But its definetly worth ordering some just to try. For the pair its only like $8 shipped.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

wow, those look like HID's!

Quick Reply: Yellow Headlights!