Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

zenon (kenstyle replica) kit from Sharkracing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2003, 01:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zenon (kenstyle replica) kit from Sharkracing

**plz bare with me, its abit long, but i find it to be very crucial for us future kenstyle/zenon kit buyers**

hey all, by now, i guess everyone knows the Zenon/Kenstyle kit , how the original one was from www.kenstyle.co.jp and how accolade made the replicas for US/CDN residents www.body-kit.com.

something seems abit sketchy to me , when u actually go to the www.sharkracing.com website (official US distributor/importer for Accolade and independent korean car kit company), there are like 2 zenon body kit pages.

when u navigate on their website and u go into mitsubishi-lancer-zenon kit section u get this:

http://www.sharkracing.com/Mitsubishi/zenonkit.shtml

but there is also a hidden one:

http://www.sharkracing.com/Mitsubish...zenonkit.shtml

that i actually found by searching from www.excite.com, well actually i mean "hidden" because i couldn't get to it from the root website sharkracing.com.

clearly, the 2 pages display different options (whether full kit, or individual parts), different prices, for the exact same kit.

for example the first one is only 1199$ for the whole thing and u can take a simple kit which only includes the bumpers and skirts for 695$, the 2nd page states that u can only get the "whole" kit for 1475$.

now i dont have a beef with the price or anything and i love the kit and i want to order it, but this seems abit sketchy to me, if not VERY confusing.

here's my speculation, the first site (which also displays pictures of silver lancer with KSII kit http://www.body-kit.com/asianlancer.html which by all means is a totally different kit , looks different too, check the angles of the holes where the foglights should be) was probably the first batch of "extra thin fiberglass kits" and ones where u'd have to remove the steel reinforcement bars front and rear.

the 2nd site i believe is the later batches where accolade told me that the kits are not as thin as the first batch sent to SR to reduce weight). i dont quite remember when or who told me this, the later batches were SPECIFICALLY redesigned/designed or whatnot for the US-spec, basically to fit properly in order to NOT remove the steel bars. and i do believe that, hopefully...

but honestly man, this is WAY too confusing for me , i mean with the terrible services i heard ppl tell me about Sharkracing, what if they get confused from the kits from both zenon pages i linked above. clearly the 2nd page with 1475$ price tag seems up2date and more viable.

i really want to order it, but am unsure which one they'll send me.
i dont want the thin cheap light fiberglass ones from the first batch , not to mention remove by steel reinforcement bars from my front and rear bumpers, definitely not to tamper with...

i want one of the later batches. and what the hell is the deal with them confusing pictures of zenon/kenstyle kit with the KSII kit together from the first page? (the page showing the silver KSII and the blue zenon.)

if someone actually ordered the whole zenon kit or parts of it from sharkracing, please let me know whats up.

-is it thin?
-gotta remove steel bars?
-fiberglass good quality (nice and heavy? or light and cheap feely?)
-perfect fitment?
-whats the deal with better fitment with jdm headlights, but will include conversion kit to fit US headlights (from 2nd page)?

thx for reading this far guys, u guys got alot of patience!!
Old Mar 9, 2003, 02:26 AM
Evolving Member

From what I understand and this is only from going to the shark site every other day waiting for the evo V bumper.. the blue car has been on their site forever displayed as "kenstyle" kit. They resently "made" the silver one and took a bunch of pics of it. You'll see they finally got the silver car and they have been throwing kits on it for photo ops left and right. I would fully think the page with the blue car is "outdated" and was at a time probably accolades kits shipped to the states (hence the higher price)

I've heard that all SR stuff is on the thin side but we'll see.. I sent them an email 3 weeks ago asking about hpp plastic and other info but have yet to hear back..

well see..
Old Mar 9, 2003, 06:20 AM
In Timeout

From Accolade

Hello Sir,

Pls give us time we will install the orginal Ken Style kit to our silver car and show it your self.

Our Silver car is put for the wide body kit design so cannot get it out for another 2 weeks,

After that we will show pictures for all of you.

KSII was designed to look like kenstyle.

It seems that we have sold more KSII kits than ken style kits.

Also All the kits supplied to Sharkracing and to all other US Customers are very Strong.

regards

Accolade.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

hey dinan2000, i'm aware that you work for Accolade. can you clear something up for me? i heard on this forum that you guys, in sri lank receive and export out the ORIGINAL AUTHENTIC japanese KENSTYLE, not the replica kenstyle/KS/KSII.

is this true? u guys ship out the real kenstyle imported from Japan?
Old Mar 9, 2003, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

I orderd te apex kit from shark racing jan 30 do you no if it will be hpp be couse I saw on you site that all of the kits are made from hpp plastics
Old Mar 9, 2003, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

ur gonna get fiberglass cuz its way cheaper than hpp.
hpp costs abit more and polyurethane if they carry any definitely cost more, but worth it.

for example on body-kit.com 1 kit was at 800ish $$ and u could order the HPP or the urethane one for 1800$ something like that.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

i have a question for accolade...

in the evo v front bumper what type of denji or otherwise fog lights would you need to fill in the space, or does the bumper come with them?

can we see at least an artists concept of what the widebody will look like? i know there are a lot of people that are waiting for the widebody kit but who would like to see it to know whether or not they should wait for it.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

u can fit anything in there as long as they fit the hole perfect or if its a bit smaller than the hole. u'll see most fog lights dont like any attachments, u gotta get something to attach it or clip it to the actual bumper.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Let me see if i can explain this. That hidden site was what sharkracing originally posted up when they first started to sell the "Zenon KIT" since then it has changed to that silver one that is currently up. So that hidden link you posted is outdated, and not what you will get if you order the kit.

That hidden link was around when SR had the evo VII conversion kit.

Last edited by Stumpy221; Mar 9, 2003 at 06:24 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

man, that sux man, the outdated page one looks better.....

thx for the info stump-meister.