Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Mediocre bumper repair. your comments ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2005, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mediocre bumper repair. your comments ?

Hi everyone,

I finally had the money to get my bumper fixed... let me show some before and after pics.

This is the car when I first got it:

This is the car after hitting a civic:

This is the car after being "fixed":

They didn't fix it correctly (the bumper is crooked/slanted downwards and the chrome part is cracked in the corner, apparently ordered brand new from mitsubishi). Now they have straightened out the bumper after going back and complaining - and i'm waiting on them to order another new chrome part that's not cracked.

Sort of pissed but I'm still happy about finally getting it fixed, drove it busted for two years, was too broke to put any money on it. I will post an after-after-AFTER pic of the actual completed/perfect end result (that it should have been the first time), in a little bit when i have a minute to take a PIC. unfortunately you can't see the cracked chrome part because it's in the corner, and the resolution of my digi cam isn't that great. i'll see if i can get a close up though.

Last edited by zcyph; Oct 26, 2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

nevermind my original post, the bumper looks good, but you probably could have found a used one on these boards somewhere. how much did the repairs cost?

Last edited by PGDlancer; Oct 26, 2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

link has been fixed, forgot the G in JPG

also, i might add that it only took them 1 hour to install everything (but the bumper had already been painted before i brought in the car) ... even so it was a disappointment to leave all happy and then later realize all these defects..!!
Old Oct 26, 2005, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PGDlancer
nevermind my original post, the bumper looks good, but you probably could have found a used one on these boards somewhere. how much did the repairs cost?
the parts were apparently all new, i paid a total of $1050CAD including parts, labor and taxes. i know i could have got a bumper elsewhere for cheap, but in the end I still would have had to factor in the time, paint, fitment, etc. i also could have had it done by a relative but it would have meant hours of driving to get there. the body shop i went to was fix auto, down the street from where i live. not all fix auto's are great, but i've went to this one before when i got a hit and run, and they did 100% perfect job which is why I we1nt back

again it was kind of a disappointment today!
Old Oct 26, 2005, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

I got the bumper straightened out, it looks beautiful now:

Look closely and you will see the cracked chrome/silver part. Don't mind the chips on the hood that rusted out. Sucks...
Old Oct 26, 2005, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

close up
Old Oct 26, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry, but you're worried about that little crack (on the crappy grille after all) while you have rusted paint chips? Anyhow, after an accident not everything will line up so well any more.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't pay to repair the hood, I paid to fix a busted bumper in which the grill was included. The fact is they didn't repair it correctly, so what exactly did I pay for? That was my point. Anyway, in the end I'll be happy with the result, but I will still have to do something about the hood eventually too.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 05:38 PM
Account Disabled

just have them order you a roadracegirll.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and carbon fiber oem hood along with it. that will fix all your problems.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akasirlancerlot
just have them order you a roadracegirll.
i'm actually not too crazy about aftermarket grills, believe it or not. i like the way it looks stock! strange I know.

a hood though might be a good idea.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

just make them fix it then. The whole reason people go to real shops and pay the extra money is to have it done with no worries and with great "professional" results. You didn't get that, and you were charged a hell of a lot too. Just my .02
Old Oct 27, 2005, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PGDlancer
just make them fix it then. The whole reason people go to real shops and pay the extra money is to have it done with no worries and with great "professional" results. You didn't get that, and you were charged a hell of a lot too. Just my .02
exactly. there are a plethora of body shops in my neighborhood and i could have went to any other for much cheaper, no doubt. anyway, it should be fixed "properly" soon
Old Nov 1, 2005, 06:14 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by zcyph
I didn't pay to repair the hood, I paid to fix a busted bumper in which the grill was included. The fact is they didn't repair it correctly, so what exactly did I pay for? That was my point. Anyway, in the end I'll be happy with the result, but I will still have to do something about the hood eventually too.
Go to a better-rep shop. I've went to the same body shop for several years now, and they do excellent work every single time I bring it there. Just my .02.