Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

eBay Indiglo Gauges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2005 | 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

eBay Indiglo Gauges

Remove the outer dash trim of the speedometer via two screws on the upper inside. Gently pull the bottom edge and work out of place. The next step is to remove the three screws holding the speedo in place. Be careful not to drop them into the abyss of the steering assembly. In the next step it might help to pop out the power mirror controller, gently pull from the speedo side until it pops out, and depending on your height, lower the steering wheel. Work the speedo out of the dash, I did the above and pushed the right end farther back in and pull the side with the tach on it towards me.
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Next we unplug the wire harnesses on both sides, push in the little tabs on top of the wire harness and then slowly pull out by the plastic piece, DO NOT PULL BY THE WIRES! Once removed, we will need to replace the stock gauge face with the new ones. Push the plastic tabs holding the clear lens over the speedo and remove. Now slide the new face over the old one, it is easier if you turn all the needles the same way and work it over them slowly. I do not recommend removing the needles but you can do that at your own discretion. Once the new face is on, test the travel of the needles and see if it has any rubbing problems, i.e. sticking at 10 mph and so on. Tape the unseen areas down if necessary by removing the black trim on the speedo. Once you are satisfied with the needle travel, we'll moving on to the harder part.
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

The kit comes with a little solenoid box and switch. I ran the box just into the back of the hole in the dash and ziptied it in place. I also ran the switch down to the little "personal storage box" or whatever Mitsu calls it. It has a sticky side and can be taped to the side of the box. It's a nice out of the way place to put it. It also lights up between the two colors you have chosen the gauges to light up with and can be installed almost anywhere you want. Of course the clips from the box connect to the wire with the clip on it coming from the gauge faces themselves. Now onto the hardest part.
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

I had my dad help me with this part, he's an electrician. The box has two wires coming out of it, the red and the black. Splice into the grey wire as shown and hook the red wire up to it. And visa versa with the black with the gold stripe spliced with the black wire coming from the gauges solenoid. Test that everything is working properly, all lights coming on, start it and make sure the needles are all working and are not rubbing. Take it around the block if everything is lighting up and working to test out the needles travel. When satisfied, replace all the screws and dash trim. The end!
Old Nov 21, 2005 | 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

how does the color change without changing bulbs?
Old Nov 21, 2005 | 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsulancerrace
I believe there is a white bulb behind the cluster. when the bit it shines through is colored blue, it'll be blue, stock guages are white so they're white.

It's like putting the bulb condoms on. kinda...

looks good tho man
Old Nov 23, 2005 | 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by "mitsulancerrace'
You can change the bulbs individually but this is a whole new face for it. This just slides over the needles and has several strings of electro illuminescent lights to get the colors and switches between blue and green. If you use just bulbs and let's say blue ones, then the red tach parts and other red parts on the stock gauges turn kind of purplish but not a whole lot. This just lets the colors be more independent and stand out better.
Old Nov 23, 2005 | 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you BlacksheepDJ!
Old Nov 23, 2005 | 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Do you think its worth the $50+/-?
Old Nov 25, 2005 | 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsulancerrace
Do you think its worth the $50+/-?
You can have mine for like $30 if you want.
Old Nov 25, 2005 | 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

I have the indiglo guages from ebay (though i bought them from a seller on here) for the oz and i wouldnt trade them for the world...tremendous improvement over stock. I also managed to find white matching hvac faces to bring it together
Old Jan 10, 2006 | 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

i remember when i had those... farked up my gauges (dealer replaced them). Tried again and the gauges messed up once more so I said screw it and got an OZ cluster. Looks much better in my opinion
Old Jan 11, 2006 | 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

lol .......... es and ls seem to like oz gauges, while oz owners usually crave the evo cluster. the grass is always greener on the other side i guess.

nice work btw
Old Jan 11, 2006 | 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Does the OZ cluster fit with lil to no probs or is there a lil moding to be done?
Old Jan 11, 2006 | 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

at nght it looks good but that flat look in daylight is a little boreing to me. Evo cluster is I think the nicest choice right ahead of the oz cluster. imo

Quick Reply: eBay Indiglo Gauges