Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Paint samples

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint samples

I can't seem to find any good sets of sample paint colors on the net. I'd rather not have to go from car site to car site trying to find all the colors that each has.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats kinda what your gonna have to do if you want some cars factory color....or just know the color you want and call a dealer to get the code...

http://www.houseofkolor.com/hok/index.jsp
Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Thats what I was afraid of, may days of scowering the internet to find that perfect color I want.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

go to home depot...find the color you want...then go to custom paint shop..say "mix me this color please"

there you go....custom painting made easy by 05ES
Old Mar 12, 2006, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

If you go to a good body shop they should have these little booklets with tons of paint samples. When I was in auto body in high school we went out for job shadowing and internships to different body shops. I had no idea there were so many different kinds of black.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:37 PM
Account Disabled

checking out sample's online isn't such a good idea because of the variations in computer monitors. what you see on the net might not be the same color on another computer, and might not be the same in real life
Old Mar 13, 2006, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twisty1251
checking out sample's online isn't such a good idea because of the variations in computer monitors. what you see on the net might not be the same color on another computer, and might not be the same in real life
I know they aren't going to be the same but I figure looking at them on the net gives me a close enough guess at the color then I'd get a look at the real paint.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XAlliedYouthX
I know they aren't going to be the same but I figure looking at them on the net gives me a close enough guess at the color then I'd get a look at the real paint.
Not necessarily. Your best bet by far is to go to a local body shop/custom paint shop and look through their book(s). I just spent last weekend in Cinci hanging out with my friend who runs a body shop. Looking through his paint chip book was pretty freakin' sweet. There are so many subtle variations of colors that you wouldn't be able to pick up on if you were seeing them on a monitor IMO.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by black03oz
Not necessarily. Your best bet by far is to go to a local body shop/custom paint shop and look through their book(s). I just spent last weekend in Cinci hanging out with my friend who runs a body shop. Looking through his paint chip book was pretty freakin' sweet. There are so many subtle variations of colors that you wouldn't be able to pick up on if you were seeing them on a monitor IMO.

Good point
Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:17 PM

if oyu wanna get fancy and have a myriad of colors you can always photoshopp your car, kinna like try before you buy kinnda thing.. taht always works for dream rims i want n_n;