Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

city lights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2003, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
city lights

has anyone installed city lights on their lancer?? . . i want to install some lights in the same housing as the turn signals - yellow ones maybe, to give a euro look . . but im not talking about replacing the turn signals, just adding more lights to that particular housing . . . and put them on their own switch . . . i was thinking i could just drill a hole for them in the back of the housing to put them in . . . i was curious as to if anybody has done this or thinks it is a good idea . . . . ?
Old Apr 5, 2003, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Friend did it to one of his cars before, drilled a hole, insert the grommet that it usually comes with, insert light into grommet and wire it up..
Old Apr 6, 2003, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

by adding more lights into a stock housing u can screw up the light angles and effectiveness.

the DOT/SAE may disapprove of that...but then again nobody really cares.

just keep in mind that tailights are calibrated and specifically designed and angled to have the most reflection/visibility going back to an oncoming traffic or such...

dunno if i'm making sense right now.....so someone can translate for me?

this goes to headlights too, actually even more so cuz ur acutally dispersing/spraying light ahead of u.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

i understand what ur saying . . . but i just want to add another light in the housing, not modify how the existing lights sits in there . . but i can see how that might screw up the light reflecting and stuff .. .who knows if ill really do this or not, just throwing some ideas out there . . .