Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Excesslancer's pics inside..!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like the fact that your willing to back the system...this thing must sound bad ***!
Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
This system was designed to be heard only... So no time was spent on flashy things to look at... if you get in this car you will see nothing at all!!!
well, personally, if i got in the car i'd ask why there are holes in the back seat... cuz those are hard to miss... the reference sound monitors in the front doors are also quite hard to miss. I was also wondering why there was so much time spent on the back seat (gutting and heat sealing) and from what we can see not so much time spent putting the "medium throw, wide dispersion" subs into the trunk. It's upside down and pointing directly into what i can only assume to be the side or back of another sub box...

I'd like to hear it, but I probably won't be down in the ATL area for a couple of years...
Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Look quick!!! Someone shot up your back seat! I'll put an APB out for that numb-skull...
Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

yea the holes seem kinda crazy.. looks like someone was drunk in your back seat with a car lighter. but im sure i must sound nice. if the meet is by GA tech. i'll be there in a busted up yellow lancer
Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Say something dude good bad just say it...LOL!!!
Hideous.

Starting from steelies and ending on rear seats. Usually I try to be pretty open minded about new ideas, designs, but this my friend is just not for me. It seems like you did a lot of work and you got my props for that. Do your own thing but be ready for criticism.

EDIT: I don't even like your shoes.

Last edited by gregivq; Mar 24, 2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

ummmm...first off, props to you for making your system...unique

There is not much to see as I focused 100% on sound and stealth so what you see in these pics is alll there is... welll if you hear it you will understand!!!
100% focused on sound AND stealth? those monitors in/on the front doors are not stealth, and neither are the holes in the rear seats.

Excesslancer...not to be insulting, but how much car audio experience do you have to understand it's different properties vs say, a studio. there seems to be two subwoofer enclosures in your trunk....facing each other? please explain that.

...to allow the sound monitors to maintain accurate directivity and maximum intelligability...
and i'm no car audio expert, but what the heck is "intelligability". can't find it in the dictionary

Last edited by saecoes; Mar 24, 2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im just wondering why you have interior speakers in a car?
Theire meant for a large room to travel through, not a small enclosed cabin.

I dont know car audio so correct me, enlighten me, just dont judge me.

Originally Posted by peelslancer
yea the holes seem kinda crazy.. looks like someone was drunk in your back seat with a car lighter.

Yo, Id go apesh!t !!!
(it would look like this)

WTF!!! ....... ****!!!
Dude, what the hell!!! ?
I dunno man, but lets find his @ss...
Lay down, ya drunk @ss b!tch!!!

...cool.

Last edited by CityKnight; Mar 24, 2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:18 PM

All this aside... If you can win sound competitions, more power to ya. I'd also recommend an alarm system if you don't have one already. If I was still Iin GA, i'd come by to listen to it, but where the needs of the Army go, I go.

Best of Luck to you in your sounds competitions...
Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

I dont understand the point of "stealth" audio??? IMO, the car needs some help
Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:06 AM
Evolved Member

Let me see if I can clear things up here in one post usualy I explain thing after people have heard the sound, it is much simpler to explain then...LOL

When I say "stealth" i mean that you dont see much at all when you look into the car unless I open it up to show you things.

The holes in the seat are essential for the operation of the medium throw wide dispersion sound monitors in the trunk which you can't see ! (they are infront of the subs up against those seat vents you are all confused about...) The sub boxes have huge ports which also blow through those seat vents... The rear deck speakers are also removed to fasilitate more air flow still...

The outside is simple and low key so that I can park my car with out people breaking into it!! Tint drop blacked lights some emblems muffler tip is all...
Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:17 AM
Evolving Member

well since everybody that posted doesnt seem to know much about car audio and I do I guess I will chime in.. Just to preface this I was a crew member for two guys that hold a total of 6 usac world titles... I cant say this is bad because I havent heard it and the majority of my knowledge is in DBSPL.. But I can tell you this from my rather vast knowledge of sound disperstion and wavelength theory.. The setup you have in there was NEVER EVER meant to go into a space as small as a car.. Those speakers are set up to move air and generate long frequency pulses over a very large area... It may sound good .. I cant say it doesnt cause I havent heard it.. But I can tell you this.. I dont know a single professional competitor in the car audio arena that would use that set up...

just my 2cents .. do with it what you will
Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saecoes
ummmm...first off, props to you for making your system...unique

100% focused on sound AND stealth? those monitors in/on the front doors are not stealth, and neither are the holes in the rear seats.

Excesslancer...not to be insulting, but how much car audio experience do you have to understand it's different properties vs say, a studio. there seems to be two subwoofer enclosures in your trunk....facing each other? please explain that.

and i'm no car audio expert, but what the heck is "intelligability". can't find it in the dictionary
i have been doing car sound since 1995.... yup!

This car represents the culmination of all my years of building and listening to car systems....
My plan was to solve all the problems that normaly present in car sound...
I researched and planned and chose components bassed on their sonic abilities. Yes I use 2 2000 watt boss amps.... I have lots of experiance with the brand which I think has proven itself.

Everything you see that seems odd is done very startegicaly to achieve the sonic goals for the system!

"intelligibility " - The ability of the spaeker system to produce vocal tones with enough cut-through that ambient noises do not reduce the clarity of the sounnd information.

I know a car is not a stuio/stage but that is exactly the sound style I have achieved...

You asked for an explanation about the subs...hmmmm... that is a secrete but I will say that there are 2 boxes... one has one port and the other has 2 ports wich aim through the seat vents... These enclosures were oderd from cerwin vega to match the sepcs of the MA subs I am using! the woofers are not facing each other at all!

The configuration of this system is critical in producing the sound quality... Did you see alll the signal control stuff in the glove box??? Full EQ, Full pre-amp, BASS pre-amp... I have 4 crossover contror points. There is no frequency loss or clipping or drop out. Bass notes are accurate and musical and dynamic ie. Bass guitars can play perfectly while a thunderous kick drum is hitting! Vocals are warm and full and never get lost in the bass unless the producer wanted it that way....

This system can play any type of music teh way it was meant to sound.. ans i mean any type!
Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Karma'sEvo
well since everybody that posted doesnt seem to know much about car audio and I do I guess I will chime in.. Just to preface this I was a crew member for two guys that hold a total of 6 usac world titles... I cant say this is bad because I havent heard it and the majority of my knowledge is in DBSPL.. But I can tell you this from my rather vast knowledge of sound disperstion and wavelength theory.. The setup you have in there was NEVER EVER meant to go into a space as small as a car.. Those speakers are set up to move air and generate long frequency pulses over a very large area... It may sound good .. I cant say it doesnt cause I havent heard it.. But I can tell you this.. I dont know a single professional competitor in the car audio arena that would use that set up...

just my 2cents .. do with it what you will
Perfectly stated and that is exactly why I don't compete.....
The car sound comps are not set up for what I do so i don't fit it.... i compete in the streets or at car shows... i make sound that is 50% studio 50% concert and people love it...

I use meduim-throw monitors that are designed for studio/live stage use so they do not have a harsh "PA" sound to them! They move air but are sensitive enough that they can be controled at low and high volumes.

All my mids and highs are 8ohms that in itself improves amp perfomance providing better "cone control".... It is loud but not blaring it is clear but not bright.... it is full but It does not bleed.... It is balanced so it is not bass heavy or highs heavy etc. and the realy fun part is that since I use timed and phased reflections you can listen to this system for hours with minimal hearing fatigue ..
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

If you want to stay stealth, then what's up with the "pro audio" decails and "ATL car sound" thing.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Melaz425
If you want to stay stealth, then what's up with the "pro audio" decails and "ATL car sound" thing.
The pro audio decal is low key enough that most people just over look it cause it does not say "car audio" anythhing...LOL

The "ATL car sound" thing is a CD hanging from the mirror which I remove when not cruising.

There is also a boss emblem on the side, very low key ... peopel always come up and ask me what amps I am using even though it says BOSS right on the side..LOL