Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Excesslancer's pics inside..!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What difference in sound do the holes make? Was there a noticeable difference? I like what you did to be cost effective with the stock hubbies, that looks a lot better than stock at least, and it's a relatively cheap mod. I'd love to take a listen to your system, any chance of some videos?
Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Having the holes in the back seat would make a HUGE difference. If you've got a sub in your car, play it with the back seat down, the air moves much more freely and the tones are much less muffled. I took the speakers out of my back deck for that reason
Old Mar 25, 2006, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

how bout instead of hackin your seats up just fold them down and then when ur not driving put them back up cant be more stealth then that and hey its free and stock
Old Mar 25, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ozrally0303
how bout instead of hackin your seats up just fold them down and then when ur not driving put them back up cant be more stealth then that and hey its free and stock
+1

the car is ugly as sin, sorry, but everything seems so half assed
Old Mar 26, 2006, 02:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Handmemyarms
+1

the car is ugly as sin, sorry, but everything seems so half assed
well there is a first for everything and you are the first to say that...LOL Funny it is ugly as sin considering all I did was lower it and tint it and black outhe lights...and keep the paint waxed...LOL

Half assed nope... sound monitors in the door and a bented back seet is all you see... The speakers dont get in the way and teh vent holes are in a neet consistent patern....so...
Old Mar 26, 2006, 02:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by N1te
What difference in sound do the holes make? Was there a noticeable difference? I like what you did to be cost effective with the stock hubbies, that looks a lot better than stock at least, and it's a relatively cheap mod. I'd love to take a listen to your system, any chance of some videos?

The seet venting and the removed rear deck speakers alow the car to respond more like a hatch back sonicaly...

Sorry no vids cause I dont have a cam corder any more..LOL
Old Mar 26, 2006, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twardOZRally
Having the holes in the back seat would make a HUGE difference. If you've got a sub in your car, play it with the back seat down, the air moves much more freely and the tones are much less muffled. I took the speakers out of my back deck for that reason
Exactly.... i chose to do holes cause I want people to not see the speaker in the trunk at all and the front pods are barely visible if I dont point them out!
Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

is it just me or when I saw the holes in the backseat I said "ouch"?
Old Mar 26, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
well there is a first for everything and you are the first to say that...LOL Funny it is ugly as sin considering all I did was lower it and tint it and black outhe lights...and keep the paint waxed...LOL

Half assed nope... sound monitors in the door and a bented back seet is all you see... The speakers dont get in the way and teh vent holes are in a neet consistent patern....so...
...so... i guess its the wheels with the red line around em that make the outside ugly
the speakers in the doors look like theyre tumors,
and whether or not the vent holes in the back seat are in a pattern or not it still doesnt look right, when someone says "gee ive never seen that before" theres a reason for that, and its most likey due to the fact that it looks so tacky

i know everyone has their own taste for what to do to their car and i respect that, and therefore you yourself being a person who prolly wants respect should in turn give the same amount back based on my opinion. In this case, being ugly.

by the way, its spelt VENTING not BENTING. gotta watch those fingers

Last edited by Handmemyarms; Mar 26, 2006 at 03:03 PM. Reason: grammer
Old Mar 26, 2006, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Handmemyarms
...so... i guess its the wheels with the red line around em that make the outside ugly
the speakers in the doors look like theyre tumors,
and whether or not the vent holes in the back seat are in a pattern or not it still doesnt look right, when someone says "gee ive never seen that before" theres a reason for that, and its most likey due to the fact that it looks so tacky

i know everyone has their own taste for what to do to their car and i respect that, and therefore you yourself being a person who prolly wants respect should in turn give the same amount back based on my opinion. In this case, being ugly.

by the way, its spelt VENTING not BENTING. gotta watch those fingers
Only peopel who have not heard the system on the net tell me the venting is od but all who have heard teh system undertand the venting and think it is cool the door speakers are not even visible from the outside and out of the way on the inside!!!

Your car may be fast but mine sound awesome at car shows I play my system for hours and people have handed me CDs adn asked my to play songs for them cause I can actualy play music that sound great not just booming bass and shril highs like most cars do..

Well the fact remains I have the best sounding system in atlanta,,, Feel free to challenge me or send one of you buddies to do so... thursday april 6th is the varcity car meet north avenue ATLanta GA... 7pm till.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Well I have to give you some credit, because all these people hatin on you and you havent flamed once instead you just answered questions. There are a couple things I was wondering about. I am not too familiar with the ported boxes but isn't the wavelength of the bass very long so by aiming the subs toward the driver you dont even get the full sound of the subs. I know this to be true with sealed enclosures but I am not sure about ported. Second I was wonderin what type of alternator you are using, because I know that stock alternator cannot handle a 4000 watt load. Overall I would have to say that its not my style at all, but if it sounds good and you like it what can I say
Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTF happened to your car?

Stealth???

C'mon now... is that stealth? Really???
Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

You sound like you definitely have done your research and know what you're talking about. I know there are sound clarity competitions nowadays and that sounds more along the lines of what you're trying to do with your car. Not so much loudness and spl, but clarity and staging. I appreciate any audio system like that much more than something that's so loud and full of bass that it makes my ears bleed. I think in the future you'll see more and more systems like this, and see less and less of the typical spl systems with walls of 50 subs. In my area, I'm already noticeing more cars with setups like this. Nothing as crazy as this, but along the same lines. So you get props from me on the system. Those wheels could use some help though
Old Mar 29, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brentg07
Well I have to give you some credit, because all these people hatin on you and you havent flamed once instead you just answered questions. There are a couple things I was wondering about. I am not too familiar with the ported boxes but isn't the wavelength of the bass very long so by aiming the subs toward the driver you dont even get the full sound of the subs. I know this to be true with sealed enclosures but I am not sure about ported. Second I was wonderin what type of alternator you are using, because I know that stock alternator cannot handle a 4000 watt load. Overall I would have to say that its not my style at all, but if it sounds good and you like it what can I say
Yeh I tend to stay calm on the net I am not the "e-thug" type....LOL

IMOP sealed boxes dont work well in cars do to the absence of silod walls of a room to help expant the sound waves through reflections...

Ported boxes are more efficient and use less power than sealed but if not configured properly can lack accuracey...

My subs are not aimed at the driver at all... teh air flow from the ports is aimed into the cabin though...

I have my stock alternater but use an otima yellow top which helps alot.... So the amps are geeting about 75% of the power they can hadle but they are good enough that thet perform well like that... I dont plan to upgradde the alternator in this car as in 2 years I will get the Passat 2.0T Wagon!

This system is designed to be studio clean but stilll able to move a crowd outside the car...!
Old Mar 29, 2006, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blaze_125
WTF happened to your car?Stealth???C'mon now... is that stealth? Really???
NOw notice you looked at the pic with the glove box open... So ovcource you will see the EQ and pre amps then... close the glove box and you cant see them...

The vented seets alow the sound monitors and subs to play straight into the cabin and be tuned accuratly due to there being no obtructions in front of them...! You cant see any speakers or boxes if you look at the vent holes in the seat!!! This si a very functional mod for audio!!!!

I took pictures to show you where everything is if you just walk by and look in this car while it is playing you will not notice any equipment and be amazed at the sound ...