Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Excesslancer's pics inside..!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2007, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ambystom01
A lot of things. Just for starters, lines like "You are experiencing only a glimpse of Marcos M. Duarte" and the entries under books and heroes as well as friends are definitely good for a laugh. Add into this the fact you used to have a classic Myspace angles picture and it just makes a jackass like me giggle with glee.
...but you are experiencing only a glimpse of me..?
Whats so funny about the books I read? Perhaps they should be comic books?
I suppose you have "better" heroes or people you admire?
Whats a "classic MySpace angles" picture?

Last edited by CityKnight; Jan 16, 2007 at 09:46 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
This is why it's funny, it's not what you expect from a 24 year old man. Hell it's not what you expect from a 20 year old woman. When I see your page I get the impression that you are 17 and still in high school thus when I see your age I find it hysterical. The line "You are experiencing only a glimpse of Marcos M. Duarte" is the kind of line you hear at an art show for emo kids. I keep on expecting it to be followed by " and now you will see the darkness and the pain that is my life". What I find funny about your favorites is the air of arrogance found in some posts and I find it to be horribly stereotypical. You have the bible listed as your favorite book (fair enough) but you then say several versions which doesn't make sense. The rest of the entries are similar in that they are classic artsy-fartsy responses. Your heroes section makes me laugh because you list Hitler first. This is fine, hell you can like whoever you want, I'm not going to judge you for that, but you say he was a "Talented Social Engineer", which no one in their right mind would say. The simple fact he tried to practice eugenics makes him a horrible social engineer. He made the classic mistake of letting the elite rule while at the same time only appealing to the elite, a mistake that always ends in failure. You also list off historical figures by their full name (like Alexander the Great), a classic artsy fartsy move. The whole page drips with ungrounded arrogance (as shown by all the spelling mistakes) and makes you look to be a 17 year old kid who's still scared sh!tless of the real world.
A "Myspace angles" pictures is a picture taken in the style of Myspace. For male pictures this typically means shirtless and using a mirror. For females this means taken from so close up you have idea what the person actually looks like.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

This is why it's funny, it's not what you expect from a 24 year old man. Hell it's not what you expect from a 20 year old woman. When I see your page I get the impression that you are 17 and still in high school thus when I see your age I find it hysterical. The line "You are experiencing only a glimpse of Marcos M. Duarte" is the kind of line you hear at an art show for emo kids. I keep on expecting it to be followed by " and now you will see the darkness and the pain that is my life". What I find funny about your favorites is the air of arrogance found in some posts and I find it to be horribly stereotypical. You have the bible listed as your favorite book (fair enough) but you then say several versions which doesn't make sense. The rest of the entries are similar in that they are classic artsy-fartsy responses. Your heroes section makes me laugh because you list Hitler first. This is fine, hell you can like whoever you want, I'm not going to judge you for that, but you say he was a "Talented Social Engineer", which no one in their right mind would say. The simple fact he tried to practice eugenics makes him a horrible social engineer. He made the classic mistake of letting the elite rule while at the same time only appealing to the elite, a mistake that always ends in failure. You also list off historical figures by their full name (like Alexander the Great), a classic artsy fartsy move. The whole page drips with ungrounded arrogance (as shown by all the spelling mistakes) and makes you look to be a 17 year old kid who's still scared sh!tless of the real world.
A "Myspace angles" pictures is a picture taken in the style of Myspace. For male pictures this typically means shirtless and using a mirror. For females this means taken from so close up you have idea what the person actually looks like.
Fair enough..
I disagree with the emo thing, I think thats just your projection..
I only said "youre experiencing only..." cus its simple. You cant get to know me, simply from a sample on a myspace page. Take it for what it is.
The artsy fartsy thing... I disagree. I may be a dork, Ill agreee to that tho. I really do like Alexander the Great, etc.. Im a Freemason so it makes perfect sense that Id be into such things, not because it sounds like "ooh I know who Alexander the Great is.. Look at me, Im sucha smart history buff.. blablabla" but more-so for the esoteric side of it, as well as yeah.. the historical and adventursome side.
Its argued that Alexander was a Mason.

Im not gonna reply about the Hitler thing.. cus this forum will go apesh!t if we go there. I have my opinions about the man, and you have your own which I dont feel are wrong either.. lets leave it at that. I will say tho, that anyone who can get people who disagree with him, to still follow him anyway to the lengths which they did; is sumtin' else. I also admire anyone who can almost conquer the world. Good or Bad individuals, thats a badass in my book.
Im not saying he was a good guy tho either (for anyone that wants to start swingin' at me.)

I have the bible listed as "one of" my favorite books.
There are several versions of the Bible btw.. so that makes perfect sense actually.
The reason being that, I grew up raised around religion and went to catholic school etc etc..
Ive grown, matured, and formulated my own beliefs (as we all do) as well as have studied and experienced different religions.
Therfore, I read it for many reasons such as: history, argument, lessons, study like case analysis etc. in comparison to another religions point of view.
For example the Gnostic Creation Story VS. the Roman Catholic version; Where the Snake was Satan as oppossed to being The Logos (God).
The other books are also books Ive read and like.. So what?
If you dont believe me Ill post pics of 'em on my shelf. Im not pulling out names of books that just "sound" like intellectual reads, so I can feel that way.. Have you ever read The Art of War?
About another book listed.. do you even know who Allan Kardek is? or what the Mediums Book is about?
I dunno how you can criticise that at all..

Yes I do have spelling mistakes and typos, Im not perfect.
That doesnt make me an imbecile either.
You do too, but I dont say "Hey Amby, you have an error there.. You must not be so intelligent I guess.." I know youre a smart dude... So be it!
...and no, Im not scrounging thru all your posts to pull one out, just to prove a point.

Last edited by CityKnight; Jan 19, 2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

this discussion between Amby and City makes me giggle with glee... City, you brought this thread back from the dead to reply to what Amby said, why?

Old Jan 19, 2007, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

I think you mean perception. Projection implies that I am myself emo and am thus projecting this idea onto others. Seeing as how I am not emo (my comments on this forum are enough of an indication of that) that idea does not work.
My comment wasn't about the fact you listed Alexander the Great, that's fine, it's the fact that you did not simply say "Alexander the Great", you used his full name, which to say "Escherichia Coli" rather than just "E.coli" because it makes them feel smarter.
Again I am not criticizing the books themselves, I'm criticizing (or rather, pointing out) how the idea is addressed. The whole page smells of arrogance, self-consciousness and a bit of teenage angst, which I find funny cause I'm an ***.
No spelling mistakes don't make you an imbecile (although they do make you lazy at the very least) as I make mistakes quite regularly, but considering the other things on the page that to me indicate someone trying to be perceived as intelligent (whether justified or not, I don't know since I've never met you), spelling mistakes are very odd. To me it'd like someone ranting and raving about they are a genius while they spell or pronounce genius or intelligence wrong.
None of this is meant as a jab at you, it's simply meant as the observations of someone with too much time on their hands and not enough beer/money.

Last edited by ambystom01; Jan 19, 2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Its refreshing to read a post on this forum that uses words like Escherichia Coli, self-consciousness, angst. You rule Amby. lol
Old Jan 19, 2007, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Hahaha well I am 4th year, soon to graduate, biologist. I can oull out all kinds of cool words but they'll all either bacteria or proteins for the most part.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

I do seem to enjoy bacteria.... And proteins, don't get me started. haha.. is excess even around the forums anymore? I havnt seen that name in a long time.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

I think he got a BMW or something like that.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

I think he got a BMW or something like that.
that was "handmemyarms". Excess was online 3 days ago according to his account page.

And about the myspace thing. I dont know why you are going off on him so much amby. Its just a myspace, mine is lame but I dont care.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

I wasn't going off on him, I was just explaining why I said "If you want a laugh, look at his myspace page". Going off would be calling him a loser, gay, an idiot or any other rude and misplaced insult.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

oh nevermind. I read it like you were angry with him. Mayby cause your post was so long.

back on topic:
should have just folded down the seats. and the door speakers are ugly.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remove the back seat and fiberglass it. Or if that is too "flashy" grab some MDF (car audio geeks best friend), cut to fit and paint it black. Better then melting holes in your seat.

For the front speakers. Why not do custom kick panels?

The electronics look good tho. Not to sure about the Boss Audio but to each their own.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Awww... we're going off the Myspace topic? I am only reading this thread for the first time now, and I'm a loyal fan of Amby already! Stupid MySpace emo's and their fanatical nature. Pfft! I say... PFFT!!
Old Jan 19, 2007, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Facebook FTW