Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Juss copped my muffler HELP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juss copped my muffler HELP

Finally copped my muffler ... $120

getting the addon catback later on prolly next couple weeks ..

i went to install it and realized it had no brackets or anything .. im new to muffler field so can some1 help me? do i need brackets to keep it up? da inlet is 2.5 and i think dat fits da lancers
Old Apr 13, 2006, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

What are you talking about "copped my muffler"? Please do a search. I'm hoping for your own sake that this is a joke.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 07:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yippe for you. You wasted money on an overpriced muffler. And then posted a pic in Lancer General.

Yeah, you'd be wanting hangers, unless you plan on using the Force to hold it up. Once you realize that you have no clue what you're doing, you take that and your "addon catback piping" to an exhaust shop and let the professionals finish it.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please use proper english and grammer. Not everyone knows what you are trying to say.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lancer2oo3

Finally copped my muffler ... $120

getting the addon catback later on prolly next couple weeks ..

i went to install it and realized it had no brackets or anything .. im new to muffler field so can some1 help me? do i need brackets to keep it up? da inlet is 2.5 and i think dat fits da lancers
Translation:
"Hello. I just purchased a muffler for $120. I will be getting the rest of the piping to complete my cat back exhaust sytem in the next couple of weeks. I am having a problem though, because I noticed that there is nothing attached to the muffler to hold it in place. I have never purchased anything like this for a car, so I don't really know what I'm doing. Do I need something to hold the muffler I just bought in place?? The inlet on the new muffler is 2.5" and I am pretty sure that it will fit the stock exhaust piping on a lancer."

Reply:
TAKE IT TO A MUFFLER SHOP AND HAVE THEM PUT IT ON!! What brand of muffler is it and where did you get it. The stock piping is NOT 2.5", and it will not bolt right up. Go to your local muffler shop and have them run all new 2.5" piping and attach hangers to your muffler and you will be done. The price varies depending on shop, but mine was $80 to get done.

be sure to post pics when you get it on.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by blacklancerr
Translation:
"Hello. I just purchased a muffler for $120. I will be getting the rest of the piping to complete my cat back exhaust sytem in the next couple of weeks. I am having a problem though, because I noticed that there is nothing attached to the muffler to hold it in place. I have never purchased anything like this for a car, so I don't really know what I'm doing. Do I need something to hold the muffler I just bought in place?? The inlet on the new muffler is 2.5" and I am pretty sure that it will fit the stock exhaust piping on a lancer."

Reply:
TAKE IT TO A MUFFLER SHOP AND HAVE THEM PUT IT ON!! What brand of muffler is it and where did you get it. The stock piping is NOT 2.5", and it will not bolt right up. Go to your local muffler shop and have them run all new 2.5" piping and attach hangers to your muffler and you will be done. The price varies depending on shop, but mine was $80 to get done.

be sure to post pics when you get it on.
Haha , thanks.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

. . . dont people even bother to re-read what they have posted. Im glad im not the only one who thought that post sounded totaly un-inteligable. If that post was for real dont even bother trying to install it yourself youd probably end up lighting your car on fire somehow. Take it to a muffler shop, grunt at them, and they will take care of it.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That thing is huge...

Might want to go 2.25 IMO
Old Apr 17, 2006, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

^ +1 2.5" will lose too much back preasure on an N/A motor.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

use some tape
Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yellowlancerOz
use some tape
haha chewing gum and clothes hangers should be fine
Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Walkingchaos
. . . dont people even bother to re-read what they have posted. Im glad im not the only one who thought that post sounded totaly un-inteligable. If that post was for real dont even bother trying to install it yourself youd probably end up lighting your car on fire somehow. Take it to a muffler shop, grunt at them, and they will take care of it.
Stop being mean! most of you knew exactly what he was syaing you just did not like the way he said it...
Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Well pronunciation and proper syntax are definitely pluses. Just go to a muffler shop, they can probably just remove the hangers from your old muffler, weld them onto the new one and install it for you.

Last edited by ambystom01; Apr 17, 2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blacklancerr
Translation:
"............................................s o I don't really know what I'm doing. .......................................

most accurate thing you havve said so far
Old Apr 20, 2006, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

hey come on i try not to rip on people too much but that was pretty bad you have to admit. We did try to help him though, just after we ripped on him