Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

backseat>?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2003, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
backseat>?

i need some help on an idea of what to put in place of where the backseats used to be in my lancer. any ideas would be helpful. if you could also come up with a design that would help. i have plenty of ideas however i cannot draw for ****.
Old Apr 16, 2003, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depending on what your plans are for the car.....

I would personally but a roll cage and chassis support in since you have access thru the floorboards now. Or you could use the space and put a large nitrous setup back there. Or maybe even install 4 Sparco racing buckets for all your seats.

Really depends on what you want to go brosham!
Old Apr 16, 2003, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

ummm.... seats?

Not to be obvious, but it would seem to me that taking them out will sacrifice rigidity of the rear end of your car. I'd imagine they are only worth taking out if you have a particular need for the space, but it seems like you don't, since you posted this question.
-N
Old Apr 16, 2003, 06:40 PM
Account Disabled

How about a waterbed... so u can do ur "thang" with da ladies
Old Apr 16, 2003, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

my boy had a matress in the back of his blazer....haha
Old Apr 16, 2003, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

i thought about the waterbed already and about the ridgity... whatever. moron. this is what i had thought . i am going to put two jl w0 or w7 10" custom fibreglass enlcosure with my playstation and another tv mounted into the fibreglass. i also plan to add a 50 shot after i receive my rrm pistons. got to have something to replace the burnt ones with. after i install the pistons i should have enough money from my signing bonus and saving to get the aem stand alone and rrm turbo kit. after talking to them about the kit i well we decided that the aem would be needed for larger boost. i need a design for the enclosure. i had also wondered if the ps2 would skip due to the bass. i countered that with the fact that i can turn the subs down on my receiver.
Old Apr 16, 2003, 08:50 PM

you should put to racing seats in the back with a amp rack, and place the speakers behinde the racing seats, with some small plexi glass windows with neons/ you can also put a small hole under the amp rack-that will shoot smoke out!!!

i hope you can imagine what im talking about, ive built a few custom fiber glass enclosures before so i think i have alot of imagination... PM me if you want some drawings!!
Old Apr 17, 2003, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Well, the best thing is just to leave it like that and have a custom sound system set-up... Well, i also think that you made your car lighter, so why put sounds?... Well, its really up to you if your going for show or for go...
Old Apr 17, 2003, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

what would be sweet would be to put it new seats in the front and one in the back, right in the middle....subs around the rear seat and amps mounted above the subs. Go with a smooth interior look with the fiberglass.