Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Latest Autox

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest Autox

Well I had another race this weekend didnt do as well as i would like. Right now im on track to get a year end trophy for the class(not 1st), but others are closing in on me, i hope i can stay on it. This coming weekend I am totally free and am going to try and make myself a camera mount so for the nxt event i hope to be able to post up some in car video for you.

Results:

6 out of 10 in class
54 out of 80 in RAW
42 out of 80 in PAX

Pics:

comments welcome
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

nice work. it's hard to get these cars to be competitive. My club's classing is messed up, too (I prefer it to SCCA, but still) I compete against Mini S's, a 1976 Scirocco that's been gutted, RSX-S's, Stealth/3KGTs, 325is and the like.... but for coming in near the bottom at every event, I'm second in class in overall points and if the trends continue I'll place 3rd

how are you prepped for events? how long are the courses and would you say they cater to the sharp turners or the speed demons?
Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

^^^wow for you to do that well against those cars, shows talent. Those other cars you listed are no where near our class. For a camera mount, on the evom homepage, there is a picture of a camera bar on an evo that runs shoulder height behind the front seats to mount a camera to. It mith fit the lancer since a lot of interiior stuff does. Wait, that might be like $400.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 01:11 PM
Account Disabled

north star creations has a camera mount i believe
Old Jun 14, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Stickypod.

Dru- thanks. I'm about 8 sec behind the leaders at each event and they're on R compounds so if I could afford to run on them I'd probably only be 4 sec out.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

what is your setup on your car what is your suspension parts
Old Jun 14, 2006, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

graphic- Who are you talking to?
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Well in my class... im up against rsx-s, 240s, and civic Sis (99 coupe models)... those are the main cars that beat me... they are definately more high speed courses which really hurts me... courses usually on tend to be between 40-60 secs depending on the venues we are at... but they all have nice long drag starts and at least one good straight and sometimes nice high speed sweepers... this last event i hit my rev limiter in second at the end of the straight each time out.

as far as the camera mount... im gonna go get a nice pvc pipe and make a ghetto mount.. hell with paying that much money when we have removable headrests

for year end points... im currently in 4th... one guy at this last event finally got his suspension done (rsx-s) and the another Si that started this year is getting better and better each event and closing in... of course this last course wasnt too technical except the last turn and definatly played to the higher hp cars... im hoping i can hold them off and get a year end trophy... last two events are really tight small courses and they only keep the 5 best events and we have already run 5. So all i had to do is stick close to their times and ill get my trophy.

What i would really like is for someone to guinea pig the camber plates so i could get some more camber up front and then adjust the fronts back after the race

Last edited by 03RallyLancer; Jun 14, 2006 at 07:03 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

What camber plates? The tein camber plates? I tried to order them last year and after the company took my money, I was told "they're on indefinite backorder from Tein. Could be 6 months, could be never" and I had to initiate a chargeback. If there are other camber plates let me know and I'll order a set in a heartbeat.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Doesnt RRM have camber plates?
Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

I've seen camber -bolts- from them but not plates. I have the bolts (ingalls, from prostreetonline.com IIRC... they were $53 shipped). I'd love to have plates and be able to set my camber for more than -1.25deg I think urban was saying -1.75 is optimal.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

cusco has a set for the evo 7/8... they look like they would fit i just dont have the money right now to test it out... if i had an evo guy that would buy them off me if they didnt fit i would be all over em... the other day i found them on sale for 210 for a pair

I just love that the plates are much easier to adjust then the damn bolts lol

Camber Plates

Last edited by 03RallyLancer; Jun 15, 2006 at 12:55 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

meh- maybe I'll try again with the plates. I think it was the Cuscos, but I may be wrong. It was last year and I pretty much forgot about it as soon as I was told they weren't being made anymore... I'll order a set (may not be until late July when I get my quarterly bonus) and I'll let the AXers know how they work

EDIT: It was the Tein camber plates. I'll get a set of the Couscous plates and see if they work. If not, no biggie I'll send them back (it's just an hour or so to do the teardown )

Last edited by Alchemist; Jun 15, 2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

im glad your back alchemist lol
Old Jun 30, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

I'm just a little less lurkey now that I'm thinking about future mods. Anyway I contacted Vivid Racing about the Tein camber plates (because they're cheaper, they're tein to go with the adjustables and I heard they are lower profile than the cuscos...) and they said they had them in stock. I just ordered a set and I think they should be here by next weekend which means next Sunday I'll be sporting them (if they actually fit). I'll post a writeup with art numbers, etc if it's a "go". Oh and they were $168 shipped.

Quick Reply: Latest Autox