Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Install Xenon Headlights [DIY]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2005, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the headlights, getting that main lighting ring to click in and out can be a *****, i suggest if you ara having issues to remove the housing and put the bulb in first (for install) then snap the plug onto it after you put it back in (the housing should have the bulb put in first then the locking collar put over it and snapped into place). For removal take the three screws out and move the light out a bit to get a better angle on the light socket youre trying to remove. If you look closely youll see which part turns and which part is part of the housing itself. As for one light being brighter, unplug both bulbs and check the sockets for any kind of corrosion or anything else that might act as a resistor. Sometimes a crappy connection can do that. After that its all about the adjustment screw at the base of the housing to adjust the angle of the light 2-3 degrees will make a huge difference as to how bright it looks. The passenger side is easy, grab an 8mm socket on a small rachet and just turn it. As for the battery side youre going to have to remove the battery tie down to get enough room to get anthing on that adjustment screw. I use a 1/4 rachet with an 8mm socket or if that wont bite there is a phillips head fitting inside that little nut you can try and use. On that side its a pain no matter how you do it b/c you cant take the battery out or you wont be able to see where the light is pointing. Ive had my lights in and out and adjusted more times then i can remember Oh and being a photographer the "can i touch the light bulb" question can be answered like this. Yes you can touch the bulb in an automotive tungsten application. They heat up more slowly and more evenly, you shouldnt b/c it will shorten the bulbs life but its not going to cause a massive failure right away. With true HID's and with flash bulb type applications (photo stuff) you CANNOT touch the bulb b/c they get so hot so fast that oil on the glass will superheat and crack the glass almost right away. Sorry for the novel but i was bored, hope i managed to help someone
Old Dec 26, 2005, 06:08 PM

I'm really fustrated about this . I can't remove it no matter how hard I pull. I've already cracked one of the tabs. Do I twist it out or do I pull it out? Even the drawings on the instruction manual are confusing.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 08:41 AM

check out http://www.motionr.com
Old Jan 27, 2006, 01:20 AM
SJ
Evolving Member

i bought a pair of bulb from www.luminicbulbs.com twice times..
Hyper white was good but blowed out so i've got Taitanium white....just put'em today...

but i dun like these bulbs at all... so i would rather get an HID kit soon...
Old Jan 27, 2006, 11:09 PM
SJ
Evolving Member

I finally get an HID kit hahaha...no more crap xenon relpcement bulbs.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 09:55 PM

i was wondering, are high beams the same bulb, or a different bulb?
if its different, how do i change that?

and i was looking on ebay, they had different watts for the "same" bulbs. what difference does the watts make? which is the best one for a lancer?

Last edited by binsento; Mar 26, 2006 at 10:03 PM.