Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Pullout Laptop in Glovebox... check meee ouuut! PICS*

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello my name is Lenard and I am from the Marketing / Legal team here at IBM. We have noticed that the laptop in question (From this point forward will be referred to as "product") is an IBM most likely 600E series running Microsoft Windows 2000 by default. Well we would like to get in the door on the first to commend you on product placement.

We must say that it is a very interesting display of product placement that has not been seen very often. Actually the last time we saw something like this was in 2003 when Amthraj Manoharen was able to place product in his gas powered Rickshaw in Chennai India. It was a huge step up from his peddled powered one. He claimed the product just slowed him down and did not have enough battery life.

We do have one request though.... Please clean and detail the product. We have spoken with the lawyers here in the Legal department and they all agree. The product is placed nicely but needs a serious cleaning and maybe even parts replacements for the best effect. We will be more then happy to send you those parts at a slight discount.

Top Cover = $250
Wrist Rest = $200
New Larger IBM logo (Best for Pictures) = $50

There are others but the legal team believes these need to be replaced. If not a formal letter will be addresses to your home stating legal action. Or we will just pop a lock and snag it.

Disclaimer *IBM and Microsoft are registered trademarks. Any use with out the written permission of the manufacture is prohibited. Thanks***

HAHAHAHA

Nice job on the car but by trade I am a Network Engineer. So while everyone tells you things about the mount I keep looking at the pictures thinking...poor laptop. By the way...the hard drive will fail pretty quick on that unit with all the bumps. When the laptop is off the drive arm is locked so you should be ok but if it is on I pity the hard drive. Oh and don't get a new IBM. They are great laptops but the new hard drive "airbag" system will keep stopping the drive every bump you hit.

Otherwise nice job.
Old May 8, 2007, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Looks very covert good job.
Old May 8, 2007, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good, I agree with Boosted on the gas struts... I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, but I’m probably (parts and money pending) going to just a double din screen, a PDA foldable style keyboard wired out of the armrest, and a touchpad mouse fabed into the ashtray. Probably hide a mini CPU under the dash somewhere out of sight, with USB connections in the glove box or something....
Old May 8, 2007, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea, I'll try to get u guys more pics and clean it up somehow..

I have pondered the gas struts and my problem was that i couldn't find any that were smal enough or cheap enough to work for me...

btw, the total for this project was $28ish. 7 for the stops on each side. 7 for the lazy susan swivel. 14 for the 180lb drawer slide. i had the laptop. all the parts at lowes.