Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Changing Turn Signal Bulbs??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2003, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Changing Turn Signal Bulbs??

Sup All,

Okay, Jus like alot of you, I own a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Edition, Well I wanted to Change front and back turn signals to RED. Well I went to the place to change em and all I could change was my park lights and my side(the one on the fender) signals to red. When trying to to do the front and back ones, the offset was different on the aftermarket ones then to the factory ones. The Front and Back turn signals use the same bulb. I was trying to use Eurolite bulbs. Apparently the Lancer is the only one which has a different bulb then the other Mitsubishi vehicles. He told me they dont even make the bulb I need. He gave me a part number and I went to a bunch of places around my area and no one has it.

If anyone can recommend n e thing or has n e solution or has tried this themselves and successfully accomplished changing the FRONT and BACK turn signals to RED. Holla Back at me. Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2003, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

On my previous car I used to paint the bulb. Buy a regular transparent bulb (that will fit in there) and then paint it with model paint. I had no problems at all, until this ***** wearing a badge told me to take them off.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

LOL, thats ****ty dude...ya that might work.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
red in front would be illegal and to change the bulbs get the 1156 and shave one nub off. This has been gone over though, pretty thoroughly.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

hmmmm good idea, i think i that might work too
Old Jun 30, 2003, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

it does, i had red rear before, you just couldn't see them when the light hit the turns
Old Jun 30, 2003, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

red is illegal in the front genius. just imagine the car behind you with its blinker on..then imagine it being red. what to you think the car behind you would be..a cop. but are you a cop? no. people get ticketed for having red and blue LED lights on their windshield nozzels. im not trying to be dick, just trying to save you a headache and $80 bucks. i had superwhite all around and got pulled over. save yourself the time and money. 1156 is the bulb you need. some guys @ shops dont know it all. just look @ the bulb and if it looks like the same. and make sure that it had one nip on the bottom and not two. (the bottom part where you plug it in)
Old Jun 30, 2003, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

not if it just looks the same, make sure on naything electric that the watts match. you dont want to throw something in there that draws more or less power, that is looking for trouble. Just search this topic. This has all been beat to death