Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

My OZ Rally!! Rally style...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definetley an interesting build. keep it up, looks good.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

hey were did you get the mud flaps and I am glad to see some one doing rally and your car is looking good !
Old Sep 12, 2007, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys! Its not everyones cup of tea but I like it. I'm also debating weather or not to paint my wheels? I thought of doing a high gloss black powder coat or a white powder coating but I'm not sure how they'll look with the future cosmetic mods I have planned. I love the silver but the white is more rally style like the WRC EVO's and black would be sweet with all the other black accents. I guess I'll try to photoshop it and see how it looks.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

I got the mud flaps from Pepboys actually! I just trimmed them a little bit and measured out the holes and they worked out great! I cut the holes a little oval since it wasn't an exact fit so I had some room to adjust them. Only took about an hour or so for all of them!
Old Sep 12, 2007, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i like it ......just not feeling the LAMPS......
Old Sep 12, 2007, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

bro some 15 year old and his dad came to test drive my car today, i was like oh please no.... 15 years old, 16 in a month, my car would be totalled within hours.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Lol... I hear ya man! He'll probably hit a van on the freeway and run or something. JK... But that's how I was with my red suby. It sucks to think of it in some irresponsible kids hands but at the same time sometimes you just gotta let it go. Who knows, he may be the only one that is seriously interested in it? That's how I think of things like this. But I also know how hard it is to let something that you've put so much money and time into go to the hands of a stranger that has no where near the respect for the car that they should. It's just a big bummer that you gotta let it go at all!!!
Old Sep 12, 2007, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

i know man i know. Thats why I need you to represent man! You gotta hold it together for us Phoenix Red lancer owners man.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

I think the foglights look horrible. Other than that, nice lancer.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 02:40 PM
sly
Evolved Member

the foglights are too much or in the wrong place
Old Sep 14, 2007, 02:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see what youre going for; but I think it would look better without the fog lights.
Aside from that, its cool; maybe do the Black headlights..
I really like the mud flaps & Yakima rack, I think you've captured that "rally-esk."

Originally Posted by subydrift
Thanks guys! Its not everyones cup of tea but I like it. I'm also debating weather or not to paint my wheels? I thought of doing a high gloss black powder coat or a white powder coating but I'm not sure how they'll look with the future cosmetic mods I have planned. I love the silver but the white is more rally style like the WRC EVO's and black would be sweet with all the other black accents. I guess I'll try to photoshop it and see how it looks.
See if Walkingchaos is still selling his.
He powder-coated & re-badged his stock OZ's to White.
Their Gorgeous..

Race Cars sometimes switch wheel colors/types, but still use colors that fit the theme of the car.
I think You should have your stock Silver OZ rims, and also the same set in White; both are befitting with your car.

Last edited by CityKnight; Sep 14, 2007 at 02:51 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

See if Walkingchaos is still selling his.
He powder-coated & re-badged his stock OZ's to White.
Their Gorgeous..
Ya I remember the thread he started about those. They did look awesome!! I think I may buy a spare set o stockers from a local if I can pull it off and paint them white for my snow tires.

I see what youre going for; but I think it would look better without the fog lights.
Ya I'm not sure about those yet. I want to witch to the 5" clear lensed Pro-Comp lights and see how that looks. If that doesn;t flow right either I'm gonna try and put the fog lighs down in the side bumper vents with some custom brackets.

Thanks for the support and honest opinions guys!!!
Old Sep 14, 2007, 06:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the fogs are OK, just don't like the placement.

Something like a light bar would be good. (Yeah, it's a different car. I don't know if anyone makes light bars for Lancers.)

Old Sep 14, 2007, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Nice rally Lancer!!! Heres a thought, what about painting the rims bronze, I think it would look sweet.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

People aren't liking your fog lights, personally I love them. I love the idea that you can see when you're rallying, I don't know why everyone else wants you to rally in the dark. You could put them lower, but whatever, great job!

Quick Reply: My OZ Rally!! Rally style...