Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

My OZ Rally!! Rally style...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice setup. Looks really good. Keep up the good work. Here is a thread with my rallylights setup. Might give you some ideas.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...allycross+pics

Last edited by LancerPhoenix; Oct 23, 2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

haha robbie all i see is people saying bigger!!! throw some freakin spotlights on bro!! put on a vinyl batman sign on a few of them and youll be good to go do some rallyin and fight some local city crime as well.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

So are those covers that get taken off before you use those lights?
Old Oct 23, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sgand
So are those covers that get taken off before you use those lights?
haha in the words of Bill Engvall, "Here's your sign", nah, them covers are transparent and the light brand name is actually illuminated on the ground while your driving just to remind you what brand of rally lights you bought.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Damn, I thought I had invented them first.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

put on a vinyl batman sign on a few of them and youll be good to go do some rallyin and fight some local city crime as well.
Ha Ha Ha!!! Thats awesome! I was actually in the process of selling the lancer a few days ago (hence why I haven't been on the forum) but I reconfigured my cash flow so I get to keep it! (Thank god for the newly invented Mommy-Daddy scholarship!) Lol... But I took all my mods off to sell it and now it just looks like a plain old OZ Rally.

I am painting my stock OZ wheels Gloss White this weekend for the rally look and gettin my mods back on there too. I took the lights off and put my fog lights mounted down in the lower front air dam and it looks much smoother! The big 'ol rally lights were cool but they sucked! And I just can't justify spending 150 or more on lights that get turned on every once in a while. The fog lights are way brighter and they help alot in the foggy and rainy weather so there stayin!

But it will get back to rally style soon with the white wheels, maybe a window banner, EVO VIII wing, and Ralliart side graphics. I will try and post some pics this weekend of the wheel painting process but school is kickin my *ss so we'll see what happens!

Thanks for all the great replys!
Old Nov 6, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

LancerPheonix, your car gave me the idea to do the lights in the first place! Yours looks sweet!
Old Nov 6, 2007, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Any plans for some rally mudflaps?

Awesome headlights, btw!
Old Nov 7, 2007, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

The rally mudflaps are already on there? You can see them in the pics on page 3.

And thanks! Unfortunately I took the mudflaps off when I was selling it and they got tossed! I went out in the garage to put them back on last night but the must have made it out to the trash cause they were gone. So, I'll have to get some new plastic or rubber and start all over!
Old Nov 7, 2007, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do they really use oz rally editions for rally comps, racing in other places?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

Some people do. Not for heavy competition but mainly for local races and such. Anybody who has plans to do more serious racing then that just goes for the EVO. I have seen some fully prepared OZ Rally Lancers for stage rally! But if you plan on moving ahead in the sport and winning you'll need the EVO.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Well its been a while since I've done anything to the OZ but with winter here I jumped on a new set of Sparco Rally flaps and got those installed this weekend. Just in time too! I haven't painted the wheels yet but hopefully I will get them done over christmas break.

Man we got tons of snow on saturday!!

The new flaps doin their job!

And my "custom" front lip spoiler! You can also see the new light location!

Hopefully christmas will bring me a new Magnaflow muffler so it sounds a little meaner and hopefully open up the top end some with the less restriction. I've still got plans for the Evo Bilstein front struts for the upcomming Rally season but money is tight trying to save for an apt. but in due time it will be ready.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks much better !!
(moving fogs)
Old Dec 3, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

the lights look much better there compared to being on the grille. btw i bet u had fun getting out that snow lol
Old Dec 4, 2007, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

btw i bet u had fun getting out that snow lol
Ya, the snow tires are almost an inch taller than stock so it gave me some extra ground clearance. It had no trouble, I've been through deeper with these tires and haven't gotten stuck yet! It sure was fun flyin through the parking lot after though!

I am in the process of designing some strut top spacers that will fit between the stock struts and the body mounting surface to give me a little extra clearance since nobody makes a skidplate for the base Lancers. I am probably going to about ~.5" in front and ~.25" in the rear. I am also gonna use the EVO front struts for a little more damping control.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of this!

Quick Reply: My OZ Rally!! Rally style...