Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

just had an accident

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just had an accident

i just wanted to make a thread about this cuz i know i`m not the only one that feels like crying when you have an accident with a new car and plus mine was just three month`s old and i just made the second payment the other day but man cuz of a stupid woman that didnt look where she was driving she hit me from behiend and cuz she hit me i hit the guy infront and i just was so freaking sad cuz i just got out of clases from the university and didnt have a good day but man it just hurts to see a brand new car get so damaged just cuz of some stupid woman that didnt look where she was going i just hope that the court tells her to pay all my damages ooh and for you guys to know how much it will cost to fix a new lancer well the shop where it is they told my about 8 thousand $$$$$ i fell to the floor when i herd that amount but since the car is 08 i can see that`s how much it will cost. so please be carefull on the road. and the car that is like a goldish color is the one that hit me from the back
Attached Thumbnails just had an accident-cimg0574.jpg   just had an accident-cimg0575.jpg   just had an accident-cimg0573.jpg   just had an accident-cimg0571.jpg  
Old Oct 28, 2007, 08:35 PM

Man, that SUCKS! Do you have GAP insurance?

You have full coverage, right? I don't know how insurance goes in puerto rico
Old Oct 28, 2007, 08:39 PM

yea dude i have full insurance but still she hit me so i want her to pay for at least some of the damages
Old Oct 28, 2007, 08:39 PM

wow man thats rough, good luck with court and all hope you dont have to pay for all that, my gts is my baby idk what id do if someone hit it, i keep an aluminum bat in tha back tho just incase lol keep us posted on how everything turns out
Old Oct 28, 2007, 08:40 PM

Wait, I thought with full coverage you didnt have to pay anything at all if someone else was at fault?

Last edited by mitsu fan; Oct 28, 2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 08:48 PM

i dont have to pay anything but still my insurance goes up if i have a bad crash and i dont want to pay more if it wasent my fault
Old Oct 28, 2007, 08:50 PM

Ah I see. I was about to say WTF, why do you have to pay anything?!

Good luck though bro!
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Oh my god...I hurt for you...that sucks bro.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Yea, if your insurance pays for the damages, your rates will go up. If she was cited by the police, her insurance has to pay for the damage. Good Luck
Old Oct 29, 2007, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

If she hit you and there's a police report to back it up, her insurance should cover the damages. I don't even think your insurance has to know about it.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:52 AM

Yea, thats the same thing that happened to me, which is why I have an 08 lancer now. i bought a 2006 Suzuki Katana 600cc BRAND SPANKIN NEW, and a day and a half later a lady wasn't paying attention and hit me sitting at a stop light. Funny thing is, her car was the same color....the not funny thing is she didn't have insurance and now I'm having to fight a long rediculous court battle. :\

Good luck with that, hope everything works out ok, and def keep us posted /cryfor08
Old Oct 29, 2007, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

I keep my Beretta for that very case
Old Oct 29, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Ouch man Hope you get her fixed up perfect soon.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

BODY KIT! There is always a bright side to these stories. Get the insurance money and get yourself a carbon fiber hood, etc. Don't be too sad... at least your alright and no body was hurt. Good luck bro.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Dang man, I feel for you. That sucks. Hope she pays for it haha. I was wondering. I had a little problem, rather not explain how it happened haha. I wanted to know if you guys had an idea of how much it would be to fix this. My sideskirt is a little damaged and right above it, it is pushed in. Here's a picture...
Attached Thumbnails just had an accident-showletter.jpg