Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

My 03 ES Build up thread...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2008 | 01:54 PM

dash kit looks good
Old Jan 24, 2008 | 11:58 AM

I was interested on how you repainted your dash... I have the same tacky fake wood look going on and wanted to change it. I'm thinking black to match the rest of the interior. Did you have to take apart your dash to paint??
Old Jan 25, 2008 | 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

No problem here's what you do:

1.You start by removing the three black knobs on the dash by pulling them towards you.

2. Then with a screwdriver unscrew the 3 screws.

2 Pull the center dash piece toward you with a little force but be careful not to bend or pull too hard. What i did was grab it with two hands.

3. After the center piece is off unscrew the two top screws holding that fake wood trim down.

4. Then reach behind your steering wheel and unscrew the two screws holding the speedometer. They are the in the two holes above the steering column.

5. Once the speedometer facing is off you can now take off the black wood trim but be careful and remove it a section at a time using a little force.

6. To get the black wood trim piece that holds the side mirror controls off you just pull it towards you and unplug the white adapter by pressing the small clip in.

7. Once you have the long black trim off you'll have to unplug white plugs and make sure to look at them so you won't get stuck like I did. Just press the clips in and pull and it should come off.

8.As far as painting the trim here's a link.https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=207021
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Update: Whats up everyone. I got some good and bad news on this build. The bad news I just lost my job. The good news I'll find something else to complete the build and I'm almost done with school anyway. Let me give some advice to you all never take anything for granted and be ready for anything. I'll update again until then may the mitsu gods bless you all.
Old Feb 5, 2008 | 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

hope u solve all your personal stuff 1st, then worry bout the car. Good luck
Old Feb 8, 2008 | 03:09 PM

Pull the pin stripe off, I have the white as well and had it removed and it looks so much nicer.
Old Feb 12, 2008 | 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by socomplete
No problem here's what you do:

1.You start by removing the three black knobs on the dash by pulling them towards you.

2. Then with a screwdriver unscrew the 3 screws.

2 Pull the center dash piece toward you with a little force but be careful not to bend or pull too hard. What i did was grab it with two hands.

3. After the center piece is off unscrew the two top screws holding that fake wood trim down.

4. Then reach behind your steering wheel and unscrew the two screws holding the speedometer. They are the in the two holes above the steering column.

5. Once the speedometer facing is off you can now take off the black wood trim but be careful and remove it a section at a time using a little force.

6. To get the black wood trim piece that holds the side mirror controls off you just pull it towards you and unplug the white adapter by pressing the small clip in.

7. Once you have the long black trim off you'll have to unplug white plugs and make sure to look at them so you won't get stuck like I did. Just press the clips in and pull and it should come off.

8.As far as painting the trim here's a link.https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=207021
Thanks so much!! I have that fake woodgrain... so I am leaning towards the flat black also.
Old Feb 15, 2008 | 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by oLacy
Pull the pin stripe off, I have the white as well and had it removed and it looks so much nicer.
i agree with the pinstripes coming off. i had a white es also as my first. you can check my profile to see what i did to it. it was nice till it got totaled. your in school so its a lil rough. even after school its gonna be rough. bills always come up its how you sort them all out where you create your goals. one thing of modding is if your going to do it do it right. especially if your on a tight budget. dont get a short ram intake or even a cold air intake if your going to turbo in the future... just save. try to plan out your ride first and then you'll notice great results and the assurance of knowing theres nothing else you would of done to replace the mod. check out my old 02 es white lancer in the registry. now i just got s 03 oz rally 5spd. first mod rrm piggyback. i know im not going turbo so top mod first. im rambling on so yeaaa its done...good luck on your ride. and hope to see you on the forums still.
Old Mar 28, 2008 | 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by itscypha
i agree with the pinstripes coming off. i had a white es also as my first. you can check my profile to see what i did to it. it was nice till it got totaled. your in school so its a lil rough. even after school its gonna be rough. bills always come up its how you sort them all out where you create your goals. one thing of modding is if your going to do it do it right. especially if your on a tight budget. dont get a short ram intake or even a cold air intake if your going to turbo in the future... just save. try to plan out your ride first and then you'll notice great results and the assurance of knowing theres nothing else you would of done to replace the mod. check out my old 02 es white lancer in the registry. now i just got s 03 oz rally 5spd. first mod rrm piggyback. i know im not going turbo so top mod first. im rambling on so yeaaa its done...good luck on your ride. and hope to see you on the forums still.
Thanks for the advice dude. I've decided to go N/A mods no turbo and just reach 150WHP and tighten everything up with some sway bars and coilivers I'll be starting in again in about 2-3 weeks look for the updates.
Old Mar 28, 2008 | 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

How do u plan on doing that? Has it been possible to get that high without turbo?
Old Mar 29, 2008 | 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jehuty
How do u plan on doing that? Has it been possible to get that high without turbo?
Well, I'm not 100% sure but... with a header,intake manifold,exhaust,sri, it should be
pretty close to that number. If not I'm going for looks and handling and some carbon fiber should help.
Old Mar 29, 2008 | 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

lol, well my friend I hate to burst ur bubble but I have all that and more, and I'm nowhere near that number imo. Then again, I also have not dynoed my car in a long time. Long time being since I bought the car, lol
Old Mar 31, 2008 | 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jehuty
lol, well my friend I hate to burst ur bubble but I have all that and more, and I'm nowhere near that number imo. Then again, I also have not dynoed my car in a long time. Long time being since I bought the car, lol
Jehuty, you have got to be kidding me. I thought it was better then that but oh well. I'll go for all out handling and stopping power and looks. But you can spend more on looks and be just as happy don't you think? Or is turbo the only way to really enjoy the 02-03 es? Because if you go spend say 5k on a turbo you have to spend like 2k on the installation.Thats a new car almost.
Old Apr 1, 2008 | 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

I personally, am gonna save my money and go to mitsubishi and trade my bad boy in. Then I am gonna be purchasing a brand new 2009 Ralliart
Old Apr 2, 2008 | 01:48 AM
Evolved Member

haha great minds think alike, you've just done what i had in the past year!
you can check out my page, maybe it'll give you some inspiration too =P

Quick Reply: My 03 ES Build up thread...