Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

My 03 ES Build up thread...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2007 | 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have a lot of extra paint somewhere?

Here is a tip if you ever have to get the Mitsu emblem off a Lancer grill. Heat the area with th emblem up with a hair dryer, then pry it slowly. I learned that when I had my OZ. I used the emblem on my VII grill...
Old Dec 9, 2007 | 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I had bought some paint and the paint sprayed everywhere so I had to go get some walmart all purpose high gloss and I've been painting alot as you can see lol. But I'm done with painting I'm ready for a few performance mods starting with a SRI and lowering springs.
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

I'm beginning to like the all black thing, I'm tempted to do it myself
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jehuty
I'm beginning to like the all black thing, I'm tempted to do it myself
Its worth it because the black brings out everything. If you have some custom dash lights or new sound system it brings out whatever color you have setup. Paints only a dollar at wal-mart its called color place spray paint high gloss black. Post some pics if you decide to.

Last edited by socomplete; Dec 10, 2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

just got these in and I'll post after and before pics.
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Before

After

Better then stock but I when I have the time I'll clean the headlight housing and maybe do the blacked out headlights this weekend.
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by socomplete
Its worth it because the black brings out everything. If you have some custom dash lights or new sound system it brings out whatever color you have setup. Paints only a dollar at wal-mart its called color place spray paint high gloss black. Post some pics if you decide to.
Is there any spray on clear coat? Because I don't want this stuff to get scraped or the heat (cuz I'm from florida) to f^ck it up.
Old Dec 10, 2007 | 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

idk thats a good question here's another pick I took earlier.
Old Dec 11, 2007 | 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Should have taken some night time pics of the headlights too, and damn bro you really need thtat digital camera, lol.
Old Dec 11, 2007 | 04:51 AM
Evolving Member

Tint the windows
Old Dec 11, 2007 | 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by grandhust1in
Tint the windows
All in do time.
Old Dec 11, 2007 | 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jehuty
Should have taken some night time pics of the headlights too, and damn bro you really need thtat digital camera, lol.
I'll do that tonight I love these bulbs they make the world blue. And a digital camera makes the world clear =).
Old Dec 11, 2007 | 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by socomplete
I'll do that tonight I love these bulbs they make the world blue. And a digital camera makes the world clear =).
I will be waiting, and I agree with everyone you should tint the windows, you could always get pre-cut ones from ebay, might not be a bad way to go. I paid to get mine done, so I figured everything I haven't tried, you can, and you can let me know how it went lol
Old Dec 11, 2007 | 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I might do that and I'll let you know. Here's a few night pics of the bulbs I installed. Quality's a little grainy but its a noticable difference over stock bulbs the install is about 10 min you just twist the ring around the main plug of the headlight housing then press and pull the center clip. Well worth it for 26 bucks and I think they have white hid bulbs.

Old Dec 15, 2007 | 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

UPDATE: I decided to take some night pictures with better quality. Over the weekend I would like to black out the headlights but I don't want any leaking or anything. I'm thinking about tinting the car by the end of the year or wheels and tires since my tread depth is low. I think these are the same pair of falken tires that came with my car so most likely the ladder I will update when I do and enjoy=).

Quick Reply: My 03 ES Build up thread...