Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

My 03 ES Build up thread...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2007 | 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

As much as I said I disliked the blue, I'm starting to like that, but I would want it in some kind of super ultra mega duper uper magna bright white. So, if that name isn't on the cover, I won't buy them
Old Dec 16, 2007 | 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

I might get the white ones later on sometime. I'm thinking rims and tires by the end of january. I wonder if anyone else has boght these bulbs in white.
Old Dec 16, 2007 | 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

thank god you got rid of that white interior
Old Dec 16, 2007 | 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bluebyu36
thank god you got rid of that white interior
Thanks lol. It did look a little heavenly and was a little loud. I'm loving this black interior its the best by far.
Old Dec 21, 2007 | 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Weekend project: I plan on blacking out the headlights and I'm also going to paint the side markers and rotate the tires. I was going to use the wrench that came with the car but I heard that using a torch wrench is better but idk.
Old Dec 24, 2007 | 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

UPDATE: I'm painting my headlights today and hopefully everything comes out smooth.

Old Dec 24, 2007 | 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

I'm about to blackout after the black out.

Update: I must say this was the most intense mod out there and I would suggest that you take your time with it or if you don't have time just buy new headlights which is what I'm going to do eventually.

Last edited by socomplete; Dec 27, 2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2007 | 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Here is a day pic.
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Looking good bro, I kind of can't belive that I paid about 80 bucks for my headlights when it was THAT easy, lol.
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks jehuty. It was all about paitence and if I took my time it would have came out even better then what it did but I'm happy until I can get more headlights. I'm thinking about painting my brake calipers white, but dirt and dust may have it looking dirty all the time any suggestions on caliper paint?
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, bro. You have honestly painted your interior way too many times. It's eventually going to start cracking, chipping, peeling, fading, ....

If you ever want to do an interior change like that, buy the parts from at least an OZ. That way you know it's painted perfectly and will not have spray paint defects down the road. When people paint dash parts of the ES, it makes me honestly want to puke seeing that ugly grey two toning it.

If you enjoy doing this, more power to you. I did the same thing with my last car 6 years ago and went crazy with the spray paint. Years later I regretted doing it because of all the faults with spray paint.

Basically, if you're going with black.....do it right the first time and buy the interior parts from the higher Lancer models.
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Found my digital camera how about some clear pics.

Old Dec 27, 2007 | 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I did go overboard but I can always buy more interior pieces like you said This is a real learning experience for me because I don't know a whole lot about cars in general but I want to learn as much as possible and hopefully I can build a great lancer.
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

i don't like the ralliart badge on the dash.. or anywhere on a non-ralliart for that matter... especially since the 02-03's didn't even have a ralliart version. its not a whole lot different than putting an evo badge on there

other than that car looks clean. u should take close ups of the painted pieces with the digicam so we see clear pics of how the paint's looking.

Last edited by lanceritis; Dec 27, 2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

It is looking good, I can not lie, little things here and there, but as you said, you live and you learn. For a first timer, I have to bow and say great job, but do not worry about the different badges, I have ralliart mats in my car, if you like it bro, keep it. Only time we will have a problem is if you put "evolution" on the OUTSIDE, anything on the inside is just for looks, so I repeat, criticism is great, but if you like it, pay no mind. As for the the calipers, I never agreed with making the calipers match the color of the car, unless the car is red, but besides that, I think painting the calipers red with any color car looks sexy as hell, so that's my recommendation.

Quick Reply: My 03 ES Build up thread...