Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

My 03 ES Build up thread...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007 | 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

lol, oh and some rims wouldn't hurt either
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Thats what I'm talking about some REAL feedback!! thanks for the suggestions. I plan on getting a set of all black rims something like an O.Z wheel tire set I really want to take my time with choosing the right type of wheels because I might overlook a wheel tire set that may be better. As far as my interior I'll post some more pics of the paint it is a little bumpy in some places but still looks ok. And the ralliart badge Is something I bought and didn't know what to do with it so I put it on the dash. Ralliart is a company not a brand right? I see people with tein stickers on thier cars all the time so I figure why not put a ralliart badge on that matches my color scheme. As soon as I get a torque wrench and some caliper paint and get the time off work I will paint the calipers red. Keep the feedback coming I need some more ideas and suggestions.
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

this is my 2 cents
i would color match the door handles and mirrors
window tint
drop
some nice wheels
change grill / or at least add the mits logo back on ,polished or silver
lip kit ,or maybe a nice body kit
and maybe some kind of spoiler
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sa town ridah
this is my 2 cents
i would color match the door handles and mirrors
window tint
drop
some nice wheels
change grill / or at least add the mits logo back on ,polished or silver
lip kit ,or maybe a nice body kit
and maybe some kind of spoiler
sounds good. My door handles are black but you are saying to black out the rear view mirror? and the only lip kit I see is for the 04 and up lancer. One other thing I noticed on your build you had you side markers painted. When I removed my headlights I saw those two screws for the driver side but on the passenger side the water resevoir is on that side how do you move it out the way? and did you use a soft sandpaper to sand them? I know its alot of questions but I just want to do it the right way.
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by socomplete
sounds good. My door handles are black but you are saying to black out the rear view mirror? and the only lip kit I see is for the 04 and up lancer. One other thing I noticed on your build you had you side markers painted. When I removed my headlights I saw those two screws for the driver side but on the passenger side the water resevoir is on that side how do you move it out the way? and did you use a soft sandpaper to sand them? I know its alot of questions but I just want to do it the right way.
i mean the mirrors on your doors and yea paint the handles also ,makes a huge diff when you paint both , becuz mine used to be black also
and what i did to take them out is loosen the bumper from the sides and pull on it a lil and use a screw driver
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks.Did you sand them down? because when I sanded the door handles came out rough and jagged so I stopped and just used an adhesion promoter and then spraypainted.
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks.Did you sand them down? because when I sanded the door handles came out rough and jagged so I stopped and just used an adhesion promoter and then spraypainted.
yea i used a really smooth sand paper thou
it was a 800 grit

My car when i bought it without painted mirrors or handles
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Door handles, are u guys talking inside or outside? Because I would love to paint my outside handles black, I think it would look great on my color scheme, an dI need you guys to look at my thread, and tell me what you guys think:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=314011
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

yea i used a really smooth sand paper thou
it was a 800 grit

My car when i bought it without painted mirrors or handles
Oh I see what you mean now. It makes real noticeable difference when you paint the handles and mirrors. I have another weekend project yay!! handles were easy to remove?
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

I am still confused as to what you guys are talking about. Maybe I'm dumb?
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jehuty
Door handles, are u guys talking inside or outside? Because I would love to paint my outside handles black, I think it would look great on my color scheme, an dI need you guys to look at my thread, and tell me what you guys think:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=314011
i mean the out side handles
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Ah, great I gotcha, mine are painted to match my handles, but they are chipping like a ****, should I just sand them down and repaint?
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Oh I see what you mean now. It makes real noticeable difference when you paint the handles and mirrors. I have another weekend project yay!! handles were easy to remove?
ehh iunno i kinda know a lot about working on cars
but it was hard
wat u have to do is remove all the parts on the inside of the door and you gonna need a extension and a socket to remove them , its only 2 bolts easy to do , and when doing that unplug your mirrors and paint them also, just mask down the glass part
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jehuty
Ah, great I gotcha, mine are painted to match my handles, but they are chipping like a ****, should I just sand them down and repaint?
if you want its its gonna be a ***** to match the color
even if its the same color , your color is prob faded already so it also changed
Old Dec 27, 2007 | 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

if you want its its gonna be a ***** to match the color
even if its the same color , your color is prob faded already so it also changed
My paint is brand new which is why my baby is a shiny beauty

Quick Reply: My 03 ES Build up thread...