Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

has anyone repainted their car?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
has anyone repainted their car?

well, ok.. i have the 04 es, and the white paint is um.. dull. lol. anyways..

i'm almost done paying it off, and i have chosen just to keep the car so i want to do whatever the heck i want to do to it, ya digg? (lol)

i want to repaint the car. my ideal is to paint it black (just that sexy sleek black)
but i don't know how much that kinda thing costs. they see i'm a girl and everyone tries to take advantage, so i'm just trying to see, did anyone paint their car a different color, how much did it cost?

or, my other option, repaint the car to the nice shiny pearl white! (i love the is250 white lol) but any white really, that's bright.. how much did it cost you to do that?

i live in miami if you know anyone

but how much did you pay?
The following users liked this post:
japspec (Jun 13, 2018)
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:00 PM
sly
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dunno depends on the paint pretty much i would do research on the area see who`s got a good rep for paint work. Just giving it to a body shop doesn`t cut it some people will butcher your car if you don`t get it done by reputable people.

Cost be anywhere from 2 -3 k for a full car paint again depending on whom and where.

Btw why just black or white ?.. soooo many diffrent colors out there.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 09:24 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by 04LancerChick
well, ok.. i have the 04 es, and the white paint is um.. dull. lol. anyways..

i'm almost done paying it off, and i have chosen just to keep the car so i want to do whatever the heck i want to do to it, ya digg? (lol)

i want to repaint the car. my ideal is to paint it black (just that sexy sleek black)
but i don't know how much that kinda thing costs. they see i'm a girl and everyone tries to take advantage, so i'm just trying to see, did anyone paint their car a different color, how much did it cost?

or, my other option, repaint the car to the nice shiny pearl white! (i love the is250 white lol) but any white really, that's bright.. how much did it cost you to do that?

i live in miami if you know anyone

but how much did you pay?
What have you done to take care of your paint? Have you thought about taking your car to a professional detailer to see if he/she could bring back the luster of the original paint job? This is cheaper than having the car repainted.

Check with your insurance company first before you paint it a different color if you do paint it a different color.

About being a girl. If your are afraid that they will try and take advantage of you, bring your, father, brother, or boyfriend with you.

Pearl white looks damn good on a Lancer. Look at having it painted Diamond Pearl White. It is a stock Mitsubishi color.

As for being in Miami, look up some paint shops. Go and check them out. Look at the quality of work they do.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 09:49 AM

i got my lancer repainted over three years ago and it ran me about 6gs, but thats because it was a custom color and to put my kit on,im repainting it again in the next month or two also going black
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

The way I look at it, if you're going to spend all the $$ to paint your car, and you're into modifying it, why would you want to get it painted a factory color?? Get something unique! That's what I did and I loved it! I had my Lancer painted Lamborghini Orange Mica. It cost me about $2500 for the whole deal, but that was just for the paint. I did a lot of the prep-work, and the car was in excellent shape so they didn't need to do any bodywork before they sprayed it. If you have bodywork that needs to be done, or a kit that will need to be painted or installed then it will cost you more. It also depends where you get it done, and the type of paint you go with. Candy colored paints are a lot more expensive because it requires more coats in order to achieve the deeper color. My recommendation is to do your research. Check out different shops, different paints, different colors, and be certain about your choices because it can get expensive and you definitely don't want to end up with something that you don't love after all of that! Here's a pic of my car all painted:

Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

oz lancer1----how much did that paint job cost ya.
love that color
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:24 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I can vouch for how nice OZLancer1's paint job is.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Could always go flat black or flat white if you want something different.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

lexus "starfire pearl" = hawt
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

I would love to get mine painted a snow digital camo.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

If the stock colour of your lancer is white, and you decide to repaint the car pearl white, you will save money.
Basically, you won’t have to repaint inside the doors/sills/trunk/enginebay because it is already white in those areas.
If you decide to paint it black or any other new colour, you will be charged extra for them to paint the door sills and what not (its more work for them)
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OZLancer1
The way I look at it, if you're going to spend all the $$ to paint your car, and you're into modifying it, why would you want to get it painted a factory color?? Get something unique! That's what I did and I loved it! I had my Lancer painted Lamborghini Orange Mica. It cost me about $2500 for the whole deal, but that was just for the paint. I did a lot of the prep-work, and the car was in excellent shape so they didn't need to do any bodywork before they sprayed it. If you have bodywork that needs to be done, or a kit that will need to be painted or installed then it will cost you more. It also depends where you get it done, and the type of paint you go with. Candy colored paints are a lot more expensive because it requires more coats in order to achieve the deeper color. My recommendation is to do your research. Check out different shops, different paints, different colors, and be certain about your choices because it can get expensive and you definitely don't want to end up with something that you don't love after all of that! Here's a pic of my car all painted:
Originally Posted by chetman7
oz lancer1----how much did that paint job cost ya.
love that color
+/-$2,500
Old Feb 14, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

i think it depends on who u know also. My car is getting painted with house of kolors paint candy apple red with red marble and its going to have couple of ghosted marble stuff... and the shop is charging me $2500 for all that plus fixing my cracked front bumper.....
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

a good paint job of door jams and engine bay (especially on a complete color change) is gonna range anywhere from 4-7 grand depending on shop and paint choice of course. anything less then 4grand for paint and labor I probably would not consider just because you do get what you pay for.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

my friend lucked out and found himself a hispanic guy that painted his civic tangerine orange for 200, just the outside tho. Its good for that price, so ask around locally, u might fine u a break

Quick Reply: has anyone repainted their car?