Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

My 08 kitted and graphics

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluewaterDEMON
Not feeling it man. Two mufflers on a four cylinder is too much, thats just extra weight!
I guess the dual exhaust on 4-cylinder cars such as the S2000 and the new Evo X is also too much and adding "extra weight." A second muffler is like what, 10lbs?
Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am so confused, I haven't seen anything about plates, or exhausts, but in any case damn the amount of insults going, lol, let the man work with his car, he likes it, let him. As long as he isn't puttin 22's where they don't belong! Everything looks good bro, if ur going for looks, for performance, we have something new to talk about, but fromw hat I'm seeing, I think it's mainly visual, and you have a good thing going, and just to remind everyone, there is WORSE, need I remind everyone of the civic epidemic going on.....
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:15 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by polar1120
damn didn't realize this was a bashing session. Seems like EvoM has alot of haters. Made bad on the post didn't mean to bring the jerk out in you guys.
DUDE!! It's not your car! It's your License Plate!

Tell your wife it's not funny or cute. It's embarassing! Take it off!

Last edited by DirectorSe7en; Feb 18, 2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

this guy posted pictures of his car and several people pointed out things they wouldn't do to their own. perfectly acceptable. most of us are just posting opinions and not "hating."

"hating" to me is saying something like "wow that is ****in ugly you are a disgrace kill yourself" etc...

granted a few people have said those things, but from what i'm reading... most of those people are evo owners. i have less and less respect for evo owners every day i come to these forums because it seems they spend more time here flaming lancer owners for NOT having evos than they do in their own forums.

i can't wait to see how badly you guys "rice" up your evo xs and there are more than a few evo 9s on these forums that look for more ignorant than this car does.

to sum up i guess, things like"i don't like that at all" and "get rid of the dual pipes it looks funny" are useful.

things like "your evo plate on a lancer embarrasses me as an evo owner" are not.

you aren't driving it, who the **** cares if it embarrasses YOU? seems pretty immature to me.

and it's nice that your wife got you that plate. kind of romantic. if you guys are gonna flame him for that, don't bother. it ain't your plate. i won't even put an evo wing on my lancer and will never claim to have an evo or pretend my car is faster than one if it is not, but if i was in his situation, i would wear that plate with pride because of what it means to me, not of what it means to some internet douche.

i'd put it right opposite my breast cancer awareness plate, and i don't even have breasts. guess that means i'm rice.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

this guy spent like 23k on his car total. 22k+5k=28k, still not even enough for the cheapest evo.

Last edited by drucea; Feb 19, 2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by David Kelly
even if i could afford it, i wouldn't rather have an evo over my 08 simply because it seems evo ownership actually makes you act like an 11 year old on web forums. not a trade i'm willing to make...
Dont lie to yourself. You know if you could afford an evo that you would get it.

Stop generalizing that Evo owners are immature.

You act like its a war between lancers and Evos
We're all in the fam.

Last edited by DJmarkymark; Feb 18, 2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The kit looks promising. Just paint the sideskirts and spoiler to match and peel off all or most of the graphics and you'll be fine. The plate thing doesn't really bother me... probably because I don't have an Evo, otherwise it might. The back would look better if you either cleaned up the mufflers that you have or save up a little and get some that don't look cheap. It could just be the dirt on those making them look cheap.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

Lol ok listen up. I think the car is pretty nice except for the graphics and mispainted bumber. His licence plate says wat it says so deal with it, and DJmarkymark, stop acting like u drive an evo. It says in ur profile u drive an AT Lancer ES with Evo IX body kit! Thats as much an evo as this car.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Deffinitely form over function. Not my cup of tea but to each his own.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

I like the CF hood . . .

. . . but that's it.

< --- My avatar is uniquely appropriate in these situations.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

This look is not for me at all, and honestly I followed a link here from the Evo X forums out of morbid curiosity. So yeah I'm a flaming troll but if you still care about my opinion read on...

Many people like me get sick when we see cars like this. Fast and Furious came out a LONG time ago. It has nothing to do with me being an elitist Evo owner. My VIII definitely hasn't aged well, and it went from cool looking to ridiculous just since '04 when I bought it. I admit, when I first saw F&F, I thought all those ridiculous body kits were GORGEOUS and I loved almost all the cars in that movie. But the past is the past...and that look isn't original anymore, nor has it aged well. So, going forward, you might want to take some of these opinions into consideration? If not, this is still America and it's still YOUR car, and you can do whatever you want.

The main thing I didn't like was the license plate, but your wife gave it to you, and assuming you care about your wife's feelings more than anyone here, I think you are justified in keeping it, and I'm assuming you will. I probably would too. It was actually really sweet of your wife and I felt bad for assuming what I did when I first saw it.

As for the rest...
  • I think at least the end plates on the wing need to be body color if not the entire thing, and definitely the side skirts don't look good black. Also, what's wrong with the wing the GTS comes with? I think the GTS wing looks a lot more classy than the one you put on. The one you put on looks very old-school and plain, and is no different than the stock RSX.
  • The rear bumper looks like it's a slightly different color than the rest, but maybe it's just the lighting?
  • With that color car, I would think a nice metallic tint would look better than black. And are you allowed to tint the front side windows in CA at all? If you are, I would just color match the tint all around. I understand many states allow different tint levels on different windows, but unless it's a coupe with tiny rear side windows, it just looks like you forgot to tint the front ones. Either that, or you are driving around some foreign dignitary .
  • The tails I wouldn't have gone with such a dark smoke job, as it brings me back to the days of plastic tail/headlight covers being all the rage. I think it would look better to keep the covers clear, but crack them open and paint them black or body color where they are red.
  • As for the side graphics, they look kinda generic like the ones you can get from AutoZone. If I was going to put something that big on my car, it would be because I'm advertising a business, car club, sponsors, etc. Barring that, it would have to be something original and important to me. Something creative, and artistic. That graphic just strikes me as cookie-cutter.
  • Obviously you want your car to POP, so why the black wheels? I'd think some chrome wheels would finish out the look you are going for, or at least black with a polished lip.
  • The front bumper doesn't look that bad I guess...

So yeah, I don't like what you did to your car. Just trying to point out exactly why, because I think it's more helpful than simply posting insults...

Last edited by machron1; Feb 18, 2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Modding is a slippery slope regardless of what car you're doing it to. I see the justification of buying a lancer to save costs initially, but it looks like a lot of time and money was spent to get it to this point.

I've learned the hard way with several previous vehicles, that new isn't always better. I had put more money into my new ZX3 back in 01' than I invested in a nicely used EVO. I had fun and learned a lot modding the focus, but in the end it hadn't saved me any in final costs, and wasn't equivalent performance wise.

Hindsight is 20/20 and you can either: enjoy your new 08 lancer or sell it and take a hit. do what you want but you may want to weigh your options more next time. Sounds like there were a bunch of things going on with buying a house and living with a spouse. I started a small business up on the side to get the EVO so I guess my point is; if you want the bigger toys you have to sacrifice other areas or find a way to bring in more $.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Its your car.... all that matters is that YOU like it.

Not for me.... sorry.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

actually I spent $15,600 out the door for an ES not a gts so $5000 more is on $21,600 not even close to an evo price. So don't say time and labor I could of got an evo. The plates sorry wifes more important than all you on this site so take it or leave it they are there.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:42 AM

its not my style but props on working all out on your car.

Quick Reply: My 08 kitted and graphics