Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

My 08 kitted and graphics

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by machron1
This look is not for me at all, and honestly I followed a link here from the Evo X forums out of morbid curiosity. So yeah I'm a flaming troll but if you still care about my opinion read on...

Many people like me get sick when we see cars like this. Fast and Furious came out a LONG time ago. It has nothing to do with me being an elitist Evo owner. My VIII definitely hasn't aged well, and it went from cool looking to ridiculous just since '04 when I bought it. I admit, when I first saw F&F, I thought all those ridiculous body kits were GORGEOUS and I loved almost all the cars in that movie. But the past is the past...and that look isn't original anymore, nor has it aged well. So, going forward, you might want to take some of these opinions into consideration? If not, this is still America and it's still YOUR car, and you can do whatever you want.

The main thing I didn't like was the license plate, but your wife gave it to you, and assuming you care about your wife's feelings more than anyone here, I think you are justified in keeping it, and I'm assuming you will. I probably would too. It was actually really sweet of your wife and I felt bad for assuming what I did when I first saw it.

As for the rest...
  • I think at least the end plates on the wing need to be body color if not the entire thing, and definitely the side skirts don't look good black. Also, what's wrong with the wing the GTS comes with? I think the GTS wing looks a lot more classy than the one you put on. The one you put on looks very old-school and plain, and is no different than the stock RSX.
  • The rear bumper looks like it's a slightly different color than the rest, but maybe it's just the lighting?
  • With that color car, I would think a nice metallic tint would look better than black. And are you allowed to tint the front side windows in CA at all? If you are, I would just color match the tint all around. I understand many states allow different tint levels on different windows, but unless it's a coupe with tiny rear side windows, it just looks like you forgot to tint the front ones. Either that, or you are driving around some foreign dignitary .
  • The tails I wouldn't have gone with such a dark smoke job, as it brings me back to the days of plastic tail/headlight covers being all the rage. I think it would look better to keep the covers clear, but crack them open and paint them black or body color where they are red.
  • As for the side graphics, they look kinda generic like the ones you can get from AutoZone. If I was going to put something that big on my car, it would be because I'm advertising a business, car club, sponsors, etc. Barring that, it would have to be something original and important to me. Something creative, and artistic. That graphic just strikes me as cookie-cutter.
  • Obviously you want your car to POP, so why the black wheels? I'd think some chrome wheels would finish out the look you are going for, or at least black with a polished lip.
  • The front bumper doesn't look that bad I guess...

So yeah, I don't like what you did to your car. Just trying to point out exactly why, because I think it's more helpful than simply posting insults...

Very well said

Dave
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like what you have done, and I see what you were trying to do. If it was my car
-I would take it back and B***h about the paint not matching

-You can always get a new tag later so what the heck.

-If your going to paint your wing I would paint the sides sliver to match your car and then leave the top black so you can get a CF wing look.

- the vinyl is a little to busy for the car, I would keep it a little simpler.

- Dual exhasut on a non turbo 4 cyl is just going to hurt your Hp I would just go back to a single because you need the right back pressure.

But over all I like where you where going with the car. its nice and its diffrent! Makes your car stand out from the rest!
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Personally, I kinda like it. Its original, and seems pretty well thought out. Graphics are simple, not cluttered. You are obviously going for show not go at this point, so dual exhause weighing an extra 15 lbs. is a non issue. Good job man.

The people who give advice and not flame the rest isn't for you..

When someone posts there car on here they are looking for critiquing +/-, not flaming unlike the first 5 pages. People getting their panties in a bunch about a plate his beloved wife got him. The guy obviously has his priorities straight. SO what if he has that plate on their as long as he's not driving around like a jackass? Evo is not god, its a great car but there are definetly other priorities in life such as a wife and a house. Evo's cost much more than his car, not only up front obviously by close to 10 grand, but in premium gas, mobil 1 oil changes and hella expensive insurance.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 03:41 PM
sly
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by polar1120
actually I spent $15,600 out the door for an ES not a gts so $5000 more is on $21,600 not even close to an evo price. So don't say time and labor I could of got an evo. The plates sorry wifes more important than all you on this site so take it or leave it they are there.
Its cool man don`t take the neg comments to heart thats how people here are.

Btw my car comes first before wife --- hides she`s probably lurking around here anyways crap-----
Old Feb 18, 2008, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

+1 car is first
Old Feb 18, 2008, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

not my cup of tea lol
Old Feb 18, 2008, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Too much looks for not enough speed. If you plan on a turbo kit, it'll fill in the front and make it awesome. I understand it's an ongoing project, but I'd start with go before show.
Plus the bumper's color doesnt match....
Good effort though.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mmelmann
It's the pot calling the kettle black here. Your post is pretty ignorant... you are ignoring the fact that he is doing everything to make his car look like an Evo X. Here is a little list of things that indicate that he is trying to make his car pose as a real Evo X in case you've never seen the difference:

1. Hood vents... only the Evo X has that, not a Lancer
2. NACA inlet... only the Evo X has that, not a Lancer
3. Painted brake calipers... wanna be Brembos from the Evo X
4. Dual exhaust... come on, it looks like one isn't even getting any exhaust flow
5. The fake Evo X aero kit on the bumper
6. The friggin wanna be POSER license plate that says MY EVOX!

What world do some of you guys come from? If you saw a guy walking around town wearing a flight suit, flight jacket, velcro name tape with his name and fake rank on it, aviator sun glasses, and tons of patches..... and then notice that the person wearing it is a geek kid with pimples and long hair. I'd want to slap the crap out of his silly ***.

People would give him all kinds of crap. They'd ask where he got it. He'd reply "my mom bought it for me because I love Top Gun". You'd probably say that people are ignorant for giving him crap... "his mom bought him that outfit... he's not trying to pose as a pilot". Give me a break.

Why not buy a cool sounding BOV speaker and placing it under the hood while you're at it.. along with a fake front mount intercooler that has the air intake bolted on to the side. Now that's money well spent instead of saving it for a used Evo VIII or IX
vented hood looks nothing like the evox hood..u act like if any lancer has a vented hood or painted calipers is tryin to be an evo.
thats a ridiculous statement your trying to make and it doesn't hold water.

Overall...the car looks nothing like the evox except that it is a lancer
Old Feb 18, 2008, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
^^ in denile
Denial. You're probably thinking of the word penile Anyways, the plate should go and the exhausts should be straightened out. If not, removed.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wicked E
Look here wiseass...

You're missing the big picture... He didn't say if you only did ONE of those things would you be an evo-wannabe. He listed them TOGETHER which is what the OP did to his car. It's plain obvious the goal is to be an Evo...

Ok, normally I wouldn't do this sort of thing but there's another thread in this forum with a member's 2003 ES (and a really nice one at that). In that thread, you said "Car looks good...", even though he has an OZ wing, RalliArt floor mats, and an Evo VII grill. I mean if you're going to bash people for "making their car look like an EVO", you better get over there and bash him for making his ES look like an OZ/RA/Evo.

Old Feb 18, 2008, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey car looks good. It's unique, and if you love it then that is all that matters. Don't let what others think change your mind. It's you car.