Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Comparing eyelids

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2003, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Comparing eyelids

I'm guessing most of the people that have eyelids for their Lancers have the RRM ones. Has anyone bought a set from http://www.ceriousperformance.com ? If so do they seem to be good quality? I can't see any difference in the pictures from either site. The Cerious ones are primed black and cost less, but I'm interested in knowing the quality of both products. I don't want to order a set and have them break quickly. Also as a side question which do you guys think would be best - having them color matched and installed with glue at a shop or just using the double sided tape myself - I've heard some guys have lost the eyelids held only with tape. Anyways - thanks for any input you can give.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

they are copies of rrm lower qual and so forth and use some weather proof tape or glue i almost lost one when used reg db stick tape
Old Jul 30, 2003, 11:35 AM

I don't know about the difference between the eyelids from those two different vendors, but I have seen some made from urethane on ebay (as opposed to the RRM's fiberglass eyelids).

I would definately get them painted to match my car, it will look SO much better. I am going to do that in the near future, but am holding off until I get my new grill so I can have the guys at the body shop do it all at once (along with a few other small mods).
Old Jul 30, 2003, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

I like the ones from creativesports the best...
Old Jul 30, 2003, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

I just had mine done in vinyl when i had my graphics put on. The guy that did it for me just ordered some color matched vinyl and hand laid it on and custom cut it for a one off kind of look. But its all up to you on how you want yours done...good luck!!!