Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

2009 Octane Blue Lancer GTS - My First Car

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2008, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2009 Octane Blue Lancer GTS - My First Car

Just took delivery of a brand spankin new 2009 Octane Blue GTS on Wednesday.
Waiting on a call from the dealer to set up the appointment for early next week.

They are doing the following:
  • Applying Simoniz System5 treatment to interior and exterior
  • Installing Mud Flaps
  • Installing "LANCER" silver door scuff plates
  • Applying Front Vinyl Piece under grille pic
  • Removing the "MITSUBISHI" and "LANCER" badges from the rear
  • Throw in a Trunk Mat
  • Possibly VIN etch the windows

Here's a couple pics, they are all I have now until I get my hands on a digital camera:

Also in the immediate future I'm looking to have a good tint job applied, the law says 33% light must show through the front, no limit on the backs here in AZ. I was thinking about 30-35 tint on all the windows (except front obviously).

What parts will not affect my warranty?

I've been told by the Service Advisor and Financing Director that a Cold Air Intake will not void the warranty unless it directly causes the failure. What about exhaust, crank pulley, headers, suspension? The Service Advisor said there are several performance parts they will not install at the dealership because of liability, such as a Cold Air Intake, but said they will do basically any aesthetic changes, eg. Body Kits.

Thanks for the help!

-N

Last edited by Nathan0490; May 16, 2008 at 01:03 AM.
Old May 16, 2008, 01:20 AM
Account Disabled

No parts on your car with directly void your warrenty unless you do somthing major like turbo and such..

mitsubishi cannot refuse your warranty because of an aftermarket part..they MUST prove that the aftermarket part was a direct cause of the failure just like they told you about the intake..that applies to every other aftermarket part you put on your car...if they do refuse or void your warranty without providing proof you can file lawsuit

so the likelyhood of an intake,muffler,exhaust,axle back,pully causing directly problems and voiding you and putting you out a lot of money..are very slim..

now when you go into headers your % goes up but even then...its not that much
Old May 16, 2008, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LuDa
No parts on your car with directly void your warrenty unless you do somthing major like turbo and such..

mitsubishi cannot refuse your warranty because of an aftermarket part..they MUST prove that the aftermarket part was a direct cause of the failure just like they told you about the intake..that applies to every other aftermarket part you put on your car...if they do refuse or void your warranty without providing proof you can file lawsuit

so the likelyhood of an intake,muffler,exhaust,axle back,pully causing directly problems and voiding you and putting you out a lot of money..are very slim..

now when you go into headers your % goes up but even then...its not that much
Good to know, Thanks LuDa
Old May 16, 2008, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Nice car
Old May 17, 2008, 05:57 AM

hey i like the blue that you have on your car just got my car painted electric blue but its a little different
Old May 17, 2008, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice first car, mine was a GS-T i miss it=(
Old May 17, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

The Vinyl piece came in via Express Mail today

If anyone would like a link of where to buy it for their car just pm me.

Last edited by Nathan0490; May 17, 2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old May 17, 2008, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nathan0490
The Vinyl piece came in via Express Mail today

If anyone would like a link of where to buy it for their car just pm me.
do they have it in silver? cuz i have a black car and that wouldn't really be noticable.
Old May 17, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OoLancer
do they have it in silver? cuz i have a black car and that wouldn't really be noticable.
Not that I saw.
Old May 17, 2008, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

since you're in AZ here's what the Mark Mitsu techs look for when its time for warranty work:

MODS in the motor (cams, heads, etc) are no good.

MODS on or around the motor (intake, exhaust, etc, except turbo) are ok.

it is subject to dealer discretion & Mitsu will send an engineer to investigate any warranty claims...
Old May 17, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by housedj
since you're in AZ here's what the Mark Mitsu techs look for when its time for warranty work:

MODS in the motor (cams, heads, etc) are no good.

MODS on or around the motor (intake, exhaust, etc, except turbo) are ok.

it is subject to dealer discretion & Mitsu will send an engineer to investigate any warranty claims...
Good info, have you lived here in Arizona or worked at Mark Mitsu previously?

I live by the one in Glendale, and I got my car from there, as opposed to the location Scottsdale.

Do they do good aesthetic work? They told me $20 to take off the 2 badges on the back and remove the rubber adhesive. They said they will install body kits, etc also. I'm very meticulous on how things look. I am thinking about having them apply the vinyl piece I got also to the front.

Also during purchase I asked for the mudflaps to be included they said OK. pending an appointment to have that and the simoniz done as I stated in the OP. I read yesterday that on the GTS the front mudflaps don't fit. Considering that they sell for $80 per set ($160 total for front and back) I believe that I should receive something of comparable value if indeed the fronts do not fit... perhaps the scuff plates. That doesn't sound unreasonable does it? My salesman has been less then helpful since I purchased the car, hes had ME call him numerous times regarding the appointment rather then HIM calling me. Infact he said as I was taking delivery that he would like me to give him all 10's on the JDPower survey that I should be receiving, that even a 9 was like a 0... then he treats me like this.

Thanks

Last edited by Nathan0490; May 17, 2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old May 18, 2008, 05:35 AM

Car looks great.
Old May 18, 2008, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

a dealer CAN void your warranty because of things like "exhaust, crank pulley, headers, suspension" even if they say so otherwise. if you install crappy springs off e-bay and your suspension goes to crap, why should they fix it? when you install after market parts on a brand new car, you're taking a risk.

also if you're thinking about getting 30-35% tint, might i suggest 33% because it's not worth taking the risk of having to lose your tint over 3%. with that said, i have had 22% all around and have had no problems for over a year now.

have fun and drive safe my new bike is that color, wanna trade?
Old May 18, 2008, 12:01 PM

nice)!
Old May 18, 2008, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nathan0490
Good info, have you lived here in Arizona or worked at Mark Mitsu previously?

I live by the one in Glendale, and I got my car from there, as opposed to the location Scottsdale.

Do they do good aesthetic work? They told me $20 to take off the 2 badges on the back and remove the rubber adhesive. They said they will install body kits, etc also. I'm very meticulous on how things look. I am thinking about having them apply the vinyl piece I got also to the front.

Also during purchase I asked for the mudflaps to be included they said OK. pending an appointment to have that and the simoniz done as I stated in the OP. I read yesterday that on the GTS the front mudflaps don't fit. Considering that they sell for $80 per set ($160 total for front and back) I believe that I should receive something of comparable value if indeed the fronts do not fit... perhaps the scuff plates. That doesn't sound unreasonable does it? My salesman has been less then helpful since I purchased the car, hes had ME call him numerous times regarding the appointment rather then HIM calling me. Infact he said as I was taking delivery that he would like me to give him all 10's on the JDPower survey that I should be receiving, that even a 9 was like a 0... then he treats me like this.

Thanks
my evo is in chandler + i know a guy who was the main sales mgr there in scottsdale. the glendale shop seems a lil more shady bcuz the clients out there have less money than scottsdale. if u have probs try going thru the scottsdale store. the further drive could save you time & headaches. the best Mitsu dealer in the valley is Bell Rd Mitsu...

Quick Reply: 2009 Octane Blue Lancer GTS - My First Car