Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

What do you think of my car?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2008, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks nice drops it ASAP though, slimmer tires maybe 40-45 and get the front conversion of the '06 (open grill looks nice as hell). I agree wid austenm, the ralliart/oz wing looks alot better on that model than the evo wing does. The evo wing is more for the 02-03 models IMO.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

what would u guys suggest that I do to make it faster, besides turbo?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Besides turbo, RRM Piggy is probably one of your best bang-for-buck options...
Old Jun 10, 2008, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

would u mind providing a link? I'm on my iPhone and it takes too long to search. Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 08:28 AM

Red face Lose the Wing

Originally Posted by toolmanblink182
would u mind providing a link? I'm on my iPhone and it takes too long to search. Thanks!
the new thing is no wing. Well that 's the trend in Orlando Fl, or UCF.
To go faster, lose the WING. It slows you down, really. It's called down-force. That's why cops don't have it.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Absolute no to the big *** wing. But it does look good so far. Just gotta, gottagottagotta, get rid of that wheel gap. Its killin ya
Old Jun 13, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by _WhiteKnight
the new thing is no wing. Well that 's the trend in Orlando Fl, or UCF.
To go faster, lose the WING. It slows you down, really. It's called down-force. That's why cops don't have it.
Orlando and UCF, pfft what do THEY know?! lol, I live out in K-town...actually more south, but only by about 10 minutes. We should meet up sometime dude!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, I've sorta written off putting a wing on my car. My biggest things now are lowering the car, putting a lip kit on, a new exhaust, and a piggy back ecu. Thanks for all your comments!

I forgot to mention that I got pulled over by the po-po and they wrote me a repair order for my tint, so I'm now back to stock. I'll be putting 35% back on when I can, but its gonna be legal this time
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah trying to go illegal on a sedan isn't a good idea. On a coupe you can get away with it, because when they come to your car "down goes the window!"
Old Jun 13, 2008, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

would a supercharger work in my car?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

www.procharger.com?
Old Jun 14, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Wink

I'm going to be lowering it with the progress springs on RRM next week. It'll be dropped 1.5" in front and 1" in the back. I'll post pics once its done. Again, thanks for all ur comments! I'll keep ya posted!
Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You got pulled for 20%? That's lame. I live in Tampa and I've had 20 since my car was new and no cop has ever mentioned it (pulled over 3 times).

It's a good thing that you're dropping the car first. You may decide against the lip kit after that. Just wait a little while to see how it is entering and exiting parking lots. I now have a Greddy TiC exhaust that is a little scraped up in the front of the canister from the drop. The handling is excellent now though, and you can't really see the scratches unless you get under the car, which is also more difficult with the drop, lol.

As for power, the RRM piggy mentioned previously, has had a lot of good reviews. I can say first hand that their lightweight aluminum crank pulley is a quick easy way to get some more power.

And, yes a supercharger would work, but they are no longer mass produced for our cars. Ripp used to produce a supercharger kit for the Lancer, but they went out of business years ago. Your best bets are to either have a local shop put together a custom turbo system for your car or get the turbo kit from Road///Race.

Last edited by Lumpy; Jun 14, 2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 01:13 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I work for a local sub delivery place called Sub Runners (make excellent $), and I was on a delivery at 12:30am and the cop pulled me over. I wasn't doing anything illegal, he must've thought I was a DUI or something. He just needed a reason to tell me of why he stopped me. It was a local police officer too! I had pulled over 4 times by State Troopers before this and not one of them said **** about my tint! It was a BS stop none-the-less, but now my car is tint-less. I am going to get a doctors note saying my eyes are sensitive to light and that tint is a necessity. Then I can put 2 1/2% limo tint on and they can't say nothin!

Thanks too for telling me about the crank and turbo, I just thought a supercharger would be better.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

How hard is a turbo to install? Is it safe on my engine? What other mods would be necessary before the turbo goes on?

Quick Reply: What do you think of my car?