Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

So would wheel covers be covered under warranty?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2003, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy So would wheel covers be covered under warranty?

So my dad took my 02 Lancer ES down to some place to get the tires checked or fixed or something and he comes back home and I'm missing my front right wheel cover thing. I was just wondering If I could get another one from the dealership somehow. I don't really care if it's covered or not on my warranty (i doubt it is). It's made of plastic and all so it probably wont cost at all to replace. I cant get rims at the moment either, I just want all my stuff to match for a little while so it doesnt look ghetto hehe. It's a sunday so i cant call the dealership and i cant spend another day being clueless bout it. Any info on it would be great. Thx all.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 06:24 AM

Oh and I went to mitsubishiparts.net and it says they have a "Wheel Center Cap" for 7 dollars, would that be it? I'd get it, but it says O-Z Racing Alloy to the side. If anyone wants to see it, here's the URL: http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catalog/?section=275
Old Sep 7, 2003, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Nah, that's not it. You're looking for the hub caps and you'll probably be able to buy them at the parts dept. They'll probably charge a ton for it. Your other options are to go to pep boys and buy some probably really ugly ones or go to a junkyard and find a Lancer ES there with at least one left.
-N
Old Sep 7, 2003, 07:02 AM

haha, my bad, hub caps. yea I didnt think I had it right anyways. So how much do u think they'd charge me for 'em? I mean they're made of plastic and dont look all that great...
Old Sep 7, 2003, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Just because it looks cheap, doesn't mean that it is. I have no idea what they'd charge, but consider that the side window air vents are usually $100+, and those are much less plastic than hub caps and those are only plastic without the metal ring. Point is, parts from a dealer always cost a ton.
-N
Old Sep 7, 2003, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

I'm sure maybe someone on this forum has some hubcaps after getting their wheels. Unless they threw them out. But I will be getting some wheels in a few weeks, if you still haven't got any yet, I'll send you mine.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 07:36 AM

Wow... 100+... that's crazy...

Well ill see what's up over at my dealer, maybe try to get on their good side or something i dunno.

pumpdog - Dude that'd be great if you could. I dunno how id repay u tho, maybe repay u the cost of shipping? but i dont even think that's enough heh.

Thx for the help yall. I can sleep a littel better knowing my car wont look ghetto forever...
Old Sep 8, 2003, 03:02 AM
In Timeout

look what i found
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w...category=33744
Old Sep 8, 2003, 03:39 AM

Heh, yea I saw those man, but 40 bux? I think it's 40 for 4. I dont really need 4 tho, just one hehe.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 04:06 AM
Evolved Member

I've been looking for 1 hubcap forever now, everyone on here with ES's that get rims apparently want to keep stock for resale later, sucks!
Old Sep 8, 2003, 12:24 PM

Wow, called the dealer and it'll cost me 77 bux... wth? so if u're willing pumpdog ill take u up on that offer. Just one would be fine so the guy above me might be able to get one heh.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 05:45 PM
In Timeout

You can get just one in that ebay sale.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

I'd sell you one of my hub caps but they're scratched as **** from an accident.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 01:39 PM

wow dude, how badly? a pic isnt necessary but it'd be nice heh
Old Sep 10, 2003, 01:13 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are the ES hubcaps held on by the lugnuts? Or do they just snap on. If they just snap on, they are bound to fall off (race tracks even require that those are removed before racing). You don't think stock black steel wheels would give your car a nice, racey look?

Quick Reply: So would wheel covers be covered under warranty?