Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.
View Poll Results: Which style Carbon Fiber Hood should I go with?
R1 EVO VS2 style
26.67%
VIS Evo style
73.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Juan Martinez Customs End All Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2009, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tikiman91
id go with the vis hood, the other one has too many vents, just doenst look rite to me.
I'm leaning more and more toward it. I kind of like all the vents if I was to drag race it, but that wouldn't be often. Does anyone know if the VIS hoods have a removable cover under the vent? My 01 Mirage/Lancer VIS hood from years ago had a removable one.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do you mean by removable? as in if the vents are functioning, cause they are.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tikiman91
what do you mean by removable? as in if the vents are functioning, cause they are.
Yes, I just want to make sure there is a cover under the vent. The last hood I had on my 98 eclipse from race on usa didn't have one. and I didn't like it.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the vis hood(which I prefer) and it came with a vent cover that screws into the under portion of the hood.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ThunderOZ
I have the vis hood(which I prefer) and it came with a vent cover that screws into the under portion of the hood.
I was about to drop you a line about it. I knew you had one. I really liked mine from VIS that I had on my mirage. The only thing I didn't like was the few bugs that I found between the hood and clear coat. It was so funny to look at. Oh, I saw the other day where you posted on my cardomain. The answers to your two questions. 1. Those are kicker tweeters. They came with the component set for $100 shipped. Way better than Best buy or anywhere else that does have them. The second question, about the tail lights, they came from ebay. Depo type. Thanks for the info on the hood.

Update: I have installed my pioneer head unit today. Its great and sounds way better than my 5 year old cd player.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

i like the look of the regular evo style, i think the R1 Vs2 looks too ricey for me, but thats my two cents i voted for the VS1. lol
Old Mar 13, 2009, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdparadee
i like the look of the regular evo style, i think the R1 Vs2 looks too ricey for me, but thats my two cents i voted for the VS1. lol
Its looking more and more good all the time. I think I kind of liked the non vis one because it was like 50 to 75 bucks cheaper
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:38 AM

good work
Old Mar 17, 2009, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

personally i prefer the R1 hood more and if i had a choice 5 years ago it would be the one i would have brought but I have a VIS hood on my car and i loved it but i'm tired and bored of it now.so when i'm finnished with my engine swap i'm changing it for the R1 hood.but if i were you i would only go with the R1 hood only if you not planning on adding a bodykit.

Last edited by MaD_CaNaBiCe; Mar 17, 2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MaD_CaNaBiCe
personally i prefer the R1 hood more and if i had a choice 5 years ago it would be the one i would have brought but I have a VIS hood on my car and i loved it but i'm tired and bored of it now.so when i'm finnished with my engine swap i'm changing it for the R1 hood.but if i were you i would only go with the R1 hood only if you not planning on adding a bodykit.
I don't do body kits. Only oem bumpers. I will probably go Cedia bumper from japan. I think its just to much vent and too ricey, but then again, all those vents would be good if I go drag racing this summer. I'm torn between the two. But I do like the quality of vis hoods. The race on usa one sucked and makes me want to stay with what I know.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 12:45 PM

looks like a clean build, cant wait to see it progress farther
Old Mar 19, 2009, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Update: I have ordered a few more things

My wing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5095&viewitem=

I have also ordered the oem foot petals, oem sunroof wind visor, and window vent visors.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

I will be posting up some pics in the next few of all the other items.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

The new style projectors with black housing and HID's are installed. The headlights are great. I bought them off the guy on ebay that sells them already hooked up for HID. Everything was plug and play. Very easy to install, if the plugs would connect better. I had to use the old connector for the running lights, reused the bulb socket for turn signal. They also wired the HIDs backwards (positive was negative and the other way around) so had to fix that.

Last edited by Juan Martinez; Mar 20, 2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Here are some new pics I just took.

Here is where I mounted my ballast. It wasn't the best place, I'll have to work on it some.

My Pioneer P9800BT

Here is the gauges you can choose on it. I set the color to match the factory gauges

My UB100 and harddrive. Ain't pretty, but better than taking up room in the glove box.

Quick Reply: Juan Martinez Customs End All Build Thread