Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.
View Poll Results: Which style Carbon Fiber Hood should I go with?
R1 EVO VS2 style
26.67%
VIS Evo style
73.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Juan Martinez Customs End All Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2009, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh man that sucks about the fuel rail. You said you got that off ebay right?

For the piggy back, i believe i know what you mean about T-ing into a wire... but could you clarify that for me? and what is the tuning/mapping/whatever software like to use? easy? difficult? etc.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Daedalus2051
Oh man that sucks about the fuel rail. You said you got that off ebay right?

For the piggy back, i believe i know what you mean about T-ing into a wire... but could you clarify that for me? and what is the tuning/mapping/whatever software like to use? easy? difficult? etc.
It came pretuned by RRM. Yes, I T ed into the wires. I can tell a difference on top end.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, Here is that update I've been meaning to put up.

VIS evo style Carbon Fiber hood

RRM Front Strut Bar, Magnacore spark plug wires, Mishimoto Radiator and shroud with 2 slim Mishimoto Fans (to confirm it does fit on all 5 speed models that aren't evo). No name Header

OBX high flow cat

RRM rear strut bar

RRM Piggyback V2 is not pictured, but well hidden under the dash.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Beautiful updates man! Looks sharp! I'm still jealous of those headlights... I want a pair so bad... But of course something always seems to come up when I get my pay check. Sigh.

Anyway great job! Keep it up!
Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Martinez
As for the fuel rail, it didn't fit, they sold me the wrong one.
They didn't sell you the wrong one. That fuel rail is for a 4G93T engine. It's the same one I told you wouldn't fit over a month ago.

In regards to using the 2G DSM rear brake parts, I just got done staring long and hard at the pictures on ebay. I'm pretty convinced it WILL work. Looks like you'll be able to use everything in the auction, DSM rear rotors, Ralliart rear hubs and Ralliart e-brake cables for a bolt-on and go fitment. Best of luck with swap.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:49 PM

looks good so far!
Old Jul 21, 2009, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
They didn't sell you the wrong one. That fuel rail is for a 4G93T engine. It's the same one I told you wouldn't fit over a month ago.

In regards to using the 2G DSM rear brake parts, I just got done staring long and hard at the pictures on ebay. I'm pretty convinced it WILL work. Looks like you'll be able to use everything in the auction, DSM rear rotors, Ralliart rear hubs and Ralliart e-brake cables for a bolt-on and go fitment. Best of luck with swap.
It looks about the same as the rear e brakes I have for an evo. I got them for the backing dust shield to weld onto these ones later on for brembo brakes.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Juan Martinez
I haven't taken it to an auto car wash. Probably never will. As for the fuel rail, it didn't fit, they sold me the wrong one.
Sorry to barge in like this...
I don't see the use for a Big Bore Fuel Rail if you're not Turbo. All that will probably do is either waste more gas, or shorten the life of your fuel pump, which isn't very good I might add. The factory pump throws about 50-55 psi, and with a big bore fuel rail, it would take more gas than usual from the tank to maintain that pressure. A tip I can give you is to get yourself a good pressure regulator.

RRM's piggyback comes pretuned via the MAF sensor, and it adjusts its reading for the ECU to allow you to take advantage of the mods like filter, header and such, but since you have a fuel press regulator that's controlled by vaccum, and not by the pump or the ECU, I can tell you that you're probably running rich in mixture. I had an '02 Lancer and took it to the dyno. The guy from the dyno hooked up a wideband O2 sensor to check on mixture and told me it was running very rich at 55psi that the fuel pressure regulator was reading. I did a couple of runs, lowering fuel press each time, and got the air/fuel graph straightened at 45psi and gave it 3hp more. You might think that's not a big gain, but I only had a drop-in K&N filter, and it was auto-tranny. I believe that, for your setup, working on this might help a bit.

Another thing... Not too many people believe in the "High Flow Cat", including myself. Either you have a Cat, or you don't. That's where the difference is. My current car is an '05 RA, which used to be my cousin's, and he got one of those High Flow Cats. He took the car to a dyno before and after the cat, and no gain whatsoever, just more noise and worse gas mileage, same as if he had no cat which is the way I'm running now.

I'm not one to criticize as I've bought some useless stuff for my ride, but realized that only when I got them installed, so I'm just giving you my 2 cents on what I've read on this thread. I love this car, and you've done a great job with it so keep it up! Check out what I'm working on now at www.cardomain.com/ride/2667426, and go to my garage and say goodbye to my '02 Lancer, R.I.P.

Later!
Attached Thumbnails Juan Martinez Customs End All Build Thread-21261150015_large.jpg   Juan Martinez Customs End All Build Thread-21261150110_large.jpg   Juan Martinez Customs End All Build Thread-21261150111_large.jpg  
Old Jul 21, 2009, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cyanide
Sorry to barge in like this...
I don't see the use for a Big Bore Fuel Rail if you're not Turbo. All that will probably do is either waste more gas, or shorten the life of your fuel pump, which isn't very good I might add. The factory pump throws about 50-55 psi, and with a big bore fuel rail, it would take more gas than usual from the tank to maintain that pressure. A tip I can give you is to get yourself a good pressure regulator.

RRM's piggyback comes pretuned via the MAF sensor, and it adjusts its reading for the ECU to allow you to take advantage of the mods like filter, header and such, but since you have a fuel press regulator that's controlled by vaccum, and not by the pump or the ECU, I can tell you that you're probably running rich in mixture. I had an '02 Lancer and took it to the dyno. The guy from the dyno hooked up a wideband O2 sensor to check on mixture and told me it was running very rich at 55psi that the fuel pressure regulator was reading. I did a couple of runs, lowering fuel press each time, and got the air/fuel graph straightened at 45psi and gave it 3hp more. You might think that's not a big gain, but I only had a drop-in K&N filter, and it was auto-tranny. I believe that, for your setup, working on this might help a bit.

Another thing... Not too many people believe in the "High Flow Cat", including myself. Either you have a Cat, or you don't. That's where the difference is. My current car is an '05 RA, which used to be my cousin's, and he got one of those High Flow Cats. He took the car to a dyno before and after the cat, and no gain whatsoever, just more noise and worse gas mileage, same as if he had no cat which is the way I'm running now.

I'm not one to criticize as I've bought some useless stuff for my ride, but realized that only when I got them installed, so I'm just giving you my 2 cents on what I've read on this thread. I love this car, and you've done a great job with it so keep it up! Check out what I'm working on now at www.cardomain.com/ride/2667426, and go to my garage and say goodbye to my '02 Lancer, R.I.P.

Later!

I have a fuel pressure regulator ready to go. I had planned on super charging it down the road, thats why I went ahead and got the fuel rail.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 09:23 PM

loooking goood, how is the torque/hp gain with the exahsut done now, especially with the high flow cat??? any loss in the lower RPM's due to back pressure loss? Any raspy noise due to headers?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thai6688
loooking goood, how is the torque/hp gain with the exahsut done now, especially with the high flow cat??? any loss in the lower RPM's due to back pressure loss? Any raspy noise due to headers?
I do feel it in the upper rpm ranger, but in the lower I did feel a loss. the noise isn't much more than stock since I'm using the evo muffler and obx high flow cat instead of a fat can and a test pipe. I'm getting a nasty rattle at about 2k to 3k rpm range. I can't find it. Somewhere in the back end I think. It really isn't raspy, but I think I still have a leak somewhere I need to fix cause I hear an air sound.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amazing work man...how are those bars doing..strut and rear sway bar..do u feel the difference..?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:55 AM
hcj
Evolving Member

what is the Manufacturer Part Number for the Magnecor you bought in ebay. There are several ones for the Eclipse
would it be these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magne...Q5fAccessories
Old Jul 25, 2009, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hcj
what is the Manufacturer Part Number for the Magnecor you bought in ebay. There are several ones for the Eclipse
would it be these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magne...Q5fAccessories

Those ones won't work. you need then for the 2000-2005 4 cylinder 4g64 motor. Here is a link to the ones you need http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAGNE...lenotsupported
Old Aug 7, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Good and bad news.

Bad news, at least for the board, I traded my 03 OZ for an 03 Civic Si.

Good news, the old lady traded her wrecked 04 ES for an 03 Yellow OZ.

Weird week.

Quick Reply: Juan Martinez Customs End All Build Thread