Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Lancer OZ with Evo Exterior + 4g63T+RWD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2009, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why did i not run into this thread sooner?
awesome job.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MaD_CaNaBiCe
The Evo control arms will take care of that issue
front and back?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

I am positive about the front but not too sure about the back but I will guess so one thing I know is it will need to be fabricated to work on the back I'll have to look at my evo and my lancer when I get home and get back to you.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 06:46 PM
Account Disabled

back lined up perfect... when we installed the outlander rear end, we meaured the gaps in the wheel wells just to make sure it was 100% dead on. for the fronts I'm running evo control arms.

As far as updates, things are going slow, but still on track.. funds are low right now, but will hopefully pick up soon. Were currently working on measuring out the firewall for cutting, researching the use of a a skyline steering rack which would entail getting a rhd dash, were looking at a voltex kit, and inquiring for any interested sponsors.

I'm also going to need to contact one of the major suspension manufactures since at this point I'm only using tein basics.. Obviously when I'm going to time attack or drift the car when its done, those coilovers just wont last and probably fail after a few weeks due to the abuse.
Since my chassis is still a lancer oz chassis, I'm going to have to find someone who will take the basic coilover body and use drift or time attack spec parts in it... hope that makes sense to everyone.

I appreciate everyone support, thank you.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

So I was looking through the Evo partsfor sale forum, and I saw your car on there being parted out on the exterior.. What's going on with your build dude? It's looking amazing, I hope your not giving it up!!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
why not use the Evo steering rack and maintain it LHD to keep the cost down?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:51 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by White_KnightOZ
So I was looking through the Evo partsfor sale forum, and I saw your car on there being parted out on the exterior.. What's going on with your build dude? It's looking amazing, I hope your not giving it up!!
Voltex FTW!

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
why not use the Evo steering rack and maintain it LHD to keep the cost down?
I would, but the issue is where the rack and pinion join meets (form the column to the rack) where they have it setup, is much to close to the center of the car. I would never be able to fit the supra tranny in there. The skyline rack sits farther off to the side so when we build the custom front subframe, we tuck the rack low enough and the rack and pinion joint is off to the side and far enough away.

Its not going to be to crazy expensive.. Mad_Canibice is going to hook me up, so long as we figure out the shipping issue lol.

Last edited by turbotime; Jun 24, 2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbotime
Voltex FTW!

I would, but the issue is where the rack and pinion join meets (form the column to the rack) where they have it setup, is much to close to the center of the car. I would never be able to fit the supra tranny in there. The skyline rack sits farther off to the side so when we build the custom front subframe, we tuck the rack low enough and the rack and pinion joint is off to the side and far enough away.

Its not going to be to crazy expensive.. Mad_Canibice is going to hook me up, so long as we figure out the shipping issue lol.
I was needing to do this also, but as you know plans changed.

For your steering rack setup. You are just getting a rack that has the shaft more towards drivers side right, and leaving the old steering column setup as is? Since the shaft pivots.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:29 PM
Account Disabled

well with the rhd dash and cross member everything moves over, were cutting out 80% of the firewall anyway to make room for the supra tranny so routing a new spot for the coulmn extension isn't a issue.
What you said is pretty well right on, the skyline rack has the pinion more to the side of the engine bay where as the evo and lancer rack the pinion is much closer to the center. Since the supra tranny will be going right there, we needed an option to move the pinion out more for clearance.
The shave does have a pivot, but will probably be lenghthening it, so were able to place the rack where ever we please.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

well with the rhd dash and cross member everything moves over, were cutting out 80% of the firewall anyway to make room for the supra tranny so routing a new spot for the coulmn extension isn't a issue.
What you said is pretty well right on, the skyline rack has the pinion more to the side of the engine bay where as the evo and lancer rack the pinion is much closer to the center. Since the supra tranny will be going right there, we needed an option to move the pinion out more for clearance.
The shave does have a pivot, but will probably be lenghthening it, so were able to place the rack where ever we please.
Yea for the v8 setup I would have needed to do the same and extend it to where it was in front of the hub and oil pan for the engine. As if I were putting the stock hubs on the wrong sides like they were on backwards and the rack was right direction on the front side.

I foresee your setup being similar
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

Voltex FTW!

hey TT sorry I been working the night shift all this week and it's really tiring so I never got the chance to go by and collect your parts also I need to go by the shipping office and get those quote for you but don't worry I'll try really hard to get everything sorted out for you by next week.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

This is crazy. One question does this make it a lancer Evolution or is it still a Lancer
Old Jun 25, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

I still got your back
Old Jun 25, 2009, 07:01 AM

Nice project !!! cant wait to see it when completed
Old Jun 25, 2009, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by EVILBLOODBROTHA
This is crazy. One question does this make it a lancer Evolution or is it still a Lancer
A heavily modified Lancer

Quick Reply: Lancer OZ with Evo Exterior + 4g63T+RWD