Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Lancer OZ with Evo Exterior + 4g63T+RWD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow....
Old Jul 22, 2009, 07:13 PM

all i want to do is procure the body parts and graft them on to my o2 es.
man i wish i had teh funding, space, and time to "play" with god like tools......lol
Old Jul 30, 2009, 06:31 AM

Looking good, good luck with it
Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
should have just bought an Evo LOL!!!! I had to say it... nice work though... everything is looking excellent on the fitments and such.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:23 AM
Evolving Member

All I have to say is wow!!!!!!! At first that damage looked pretty bad but you cant even tell in the last pic it had looked like a pos. Good luck on the rest of the work!
Old Aug 22, 2009, 09:20 AM

WOW!!!! i had to clean my self atleast like 3times lol good luck wif this project n keep us posted
Old Aug 23, 2009, 03:31 PM

Extremely impressive, looking forward to seeing the final result, good luck!
Old Sep 11, 2009, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

you canadians have got way too much time on your hands!..****'s awesome!

i've been to ontario (ajax), my wife lived there before and people have quite some car scene over there, domestic and imports!

mucho props.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

This looks like fun! Subscribed.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Turbotime how is the project coming?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:29 AM
Account Disabled

good.. for a while we were at a stall since I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with the tranny. I have the n/t supra tranny which is only good to support 300hp or so. I was thinking of going with the more beefy turbo supra tranny but its around an 1.5 inch bigger all around and costs about 3 times as much. In the end we decided to go with the smaller n/t tranny and I'll run that until it blows.. may not be very long since were looking at putting down around 600-700whp but anyhow when it does go I'm going with a set of dog gears for the inside probably from shep which are good up to 800 I think.

Now that we have that delema figured out were now going to start making the cuts into the firewall and fit the tranny in. Build the engine mounts from there and start rigging up the front subframe from there. I was in ohio for the dsm evo shootout and I did speak to a few guys running rwd starions and one guy running a rwd dsm so I go some great tips and ideas on how to go about making the subframe to work.

I should also have my voltex kit on order in the next few days which is also exciting.

I hope to have updated pics soon for everyone.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbotime
good.. for a while we were at a stall since I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with the tranny. I have the n/t supra tranny which is only good to support 300hp or so. I was thinking of going with the more beefy turbo supra tranny but its around an 1.5 inch bigger all around and costs about 3 times as much. In the end we decided to go with the smaller n/t tranny and I'll run that until it blows.. may not be very long since were looking at putting down around 600-700whp but anyhow when it does go I'm going with a set of dog gears for the inside probably from shep which are good up to 800 I think.

Now that we have that delema figured out were now going to start making the cuts into the firewall and fit the tranny in. Build the engine mounts from there and start rigging up the front subframe from there. I was in ohio for the dsm evo shootout and I did speak to a few guys running rwd starions and one guy running a rwd dsm so I go some great tips and ideas on how to go about making the subframe to work.

I should also have my voltex kit on order in the next few days which is also exciting.

I hope to have updated pics soon for everyone.
Nice, definitely post pics when you get that subframe, firewall, and the mounts done. Would like to see those!! What did you decide on the rack, or have you figured that out yet?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

one of the guys in ohio who had the rwd dsm, it was a full tube car but used a ford pinto steering rack. Apparently all of the drag cars with the rwd setup use them. He said he got it from summit as well as a few steering linkage extensions pieces.
I was going to go that route but Mad_canibice is hooking me up with a rhd dash and whatnot so I may end up using a rack from a skyline or something since I dont think they had rhd ford pintos lol...

Thats still a ways off so were not to worried about that as of yet.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

one of the guys in ohio who had the rwd dsm, it was a full tube car but used a ford pinto steering rack. Apparently all of the drag cars with the rwd setup use them. He said he got it from summit as well as a few steering linkage extensions pieces.
I was going to go that route but Mad_canibice is hooking me up with a rhd dash and whatnot so I may end up using a rack from a skyline or something since I dont think they had rhd ford pintos lol...

Very nice, ford pinto haha wouldn't have thought of that. Although the price of the skyline one along with availability compared to the pinto one can play a big factor. But Rhd would be fun for sure.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

I've been wondering about that dash...still don't got a call from anyone or anything I am willing to take up your offer on those lines though. For the transmission.

Quick Reply: Lancer OZ with Evo Exterior + 4g63T+RWD