Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Lancer OZ with Evo Exterior + 4g63T+RWD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea more pics of this ulimate bad @ss car i ve been subscribed since the beginning
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

where the **** are the pics
Old Nov 7, 2010, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by turbotime
This is a great question, I will change the exit of the coolant/thermostat housing to the front.

This requires you to drill two holes in the block and two in the headgasket as well as plugging two holes in the block and headgasket. Once I reach that stage I will post pics for everyone.

Right now I'm working on patching up the firewall and sealing up the edges. I'm also prepping the cage for paint.. its pretty cold up here now so I'm looking to invest in a heater for the garage before I can push forward.
I hope to have pics up soon.
Makes sense. Was wondering what route you were going there. I assume silicone piping that long would collapse, but not sure about hard piping. Switching sides solves problem though!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Damn bro crazy project my hat goes off to u GL with the build keep up the good work
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:30 PM

damn crazy build
Old Nov 15, 2010, 01:06 AM

Thumbs up wow

i wish i could do something like this to my lancer. great job dude!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

I need some update pics!!!! i'm going crazy!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Updates!!!!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow i am amazed! the amount of work and skill required to be able to do something like this is just insane! i have been dreaming of converting my lancer to rwd but don't have the resources or the money to do it. major major props bro im amazed!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:02 PM

I love what ur doing in this thread its un heard of to install a Supra tranny in a base lancer and have it bolt up to the 4g63 its kinda late for me to ask this question and i mean no disrespect at all to your project but why did u choose a rwd conversion over bolting up and evo 8 or 9 tranny and doing an awd conversion?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 01:10 PM
Account Disabled

The whole overall idea has been a crazy one... with the money spent I could have bought a evo maybe two by now.

Originally the evo wasn't able to import into canada which is where the exterior conversion came from.

then to put the rear end in because of the original damage I had to replace those suspension parts anyway.

Then originally I wanted to build a drift beast so that is where the rwd came from... about half way though building and researching what works good I found its much easier to just buy a nissan 240 and build that for drift. I still wanted a unique build so we stuck with the rwd and went the time attack route.

sort of how things unfolded I think lol...

Anyway I know many of you are waiting on pics.. I will do my best to get some up soon.

As they say, less talk more pics. lol

later
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

great work man. I love it
Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
D*** I just read 28 pages and I'm super interested in this now.

So let me just double check before I tackle in this project.

I want to do a front evo 8 converstion.

so all I need to change out is the
-headlights
-hood
-evo 8/9 front bumper
-radiator support/or just remove the crash bar?
edit** front fenders...? on the picture of the 1st page he said everything in blue is evo parts

and if im missing anything please tell me might have to add this in my spring project.

but since im changing out the rad support do need the evo raditor or can I use the lancer stock one?

Last edited by steven121; Dec 10, 2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 07:28 AM
Account Disabled

the whole front rad support needs to be replaced. lancer rad will work if you keep the bottom rad mounts. fenders are evo fenders so you will need those.

You also need the evo front subframe and lower control arms if you want the wheels to be aligned in the wheel wells.. if not they will be off center offset back toward the doors. You could get away with smaller rims/tires but I would think any 18's or 17s with a high tire would rub or hit pretty bad on any bump.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by turbotime
the whole front rad support needs to be replaced. lancer rad will work if you keep the bottom rad mounts. fenders are evo fenders so you will need those.

You also need the evo front subframe and lower control arms if you want the wheels to be aligned in the wheel wells.. if not they will be off center offset back toward the doors. You could get away with smaller rims/tires but I would think any 18's or 17s with a high tire would rub or hit pretty bad on any bump.

for just the front conversion how much would it be total just to get the parts themselves? I can pretty much do my own installation.

Quick Reply: Lancer OZ with Evo Exterior + 4g63T+RWD