Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Lancer OZ with Evo Exterior + 4g63T+RWD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is awesome, but i think someone should let this guy borrow a 10megapixel camera, for some hidef pictures.....lol....but in all seriousness this is great progress
Old Apr 5, 2009, 04:47 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Juan Martinez
Very very nice. Three questions

1. How hard was it and how did you take out the old rear sub frame

2. How hard was it and how did you install the new one.

3. Which fuel tank you think you will use?
The coilovers are from the lancer.. if I wanted to I could of used the stock outlander shocks and struts..

Feels great to not really to be first but just to have everything work out. Since there is no how to, or book on the swap all I could rely on was the preliminary research done, diagrams, part numbers and a who lot of I hopes and please gods..

To answer your questions John, it was very hard. When dealing with suspension geometry its not just a matter of throwing it together... everything needs to be exactly precise. If its off even by a hair, your only asking for trouble.
The average person cannot do this.
Total time into just the rear end was more then 30 hours. It was in and out 10 times or more. The complete rear end also weighs more then 300 lbs so if you need to move it a 1/4 inch its not exactly easy to shimmy it around.

The whole lancer rear end was removed by drilling out all the spot welds on the crossmember and mounting points. Later the crossmember was placed back in for now... it added strength to the chassis since we felt it became quite weak once it was removed.

Then then new mounting points for the outlander trailing arms were welded up. then the main holes to bolt the k frame up needed to be drilled through the frame rails on the chassis and properly sleeved. After that everything else sort of fell into place.

the fuel tank I'm using is the awd outlander tank... it has the hump in it for the driveshaft.

For a guy who isn't very experienced with body work I wouldn't even think about attempting this. In that case if a body shop is doing it, have fun paying their hourly rate X 30+ hours.
Here are a few more outside shots with wheels on. Also note the brackets welded to the lower rocker area of the car. These are to attached the evo side skirts since they dont quite pop on our lancers.

Last edited by turbotime; Apr 5, 2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

where did you locate the parts if you don't mind me asking and what was the price for the rear end parts?
Old Apr 5, 2009, 05:45 PM
Account Disabled

Oh man, It was hard... I was ready to drive 10 hours in any direction to get it all.
Got lucky and found the only place in my province to have everything I needed.
Paid around a grand Canadian.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

that's not a bad price.....and you're relly lucky to have found everything all together but I agree with you though i'll be so happy if i can find all those parts here locally but that's one in a million but let me know if you come across any others.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 07:02 PM
Account Disabled

all I did was hunt car-part.com all day.. once that failed I went back and called all the places that had parts listed and just asked if they had what I was looking for.

Turned out the place I call only had the rear control arm listed.. I called and asked if they still had the outlander there.. the guy checked and said yes so I said sweet pull everything lol..
Got pretty lucky.. In the US they seem to have a lot more salvaged awd outlanders so you should be alright.

I need to confirm but the outlander and evo rear differentials should be the same.. only difference is the evo one has the viscus coupling thing going one where as the outlander does not.

I'm looking to find out soon since eventually I want to get a kazz lsd from the evo and hopefully it will fit since they obviously dont make one for the outlander lol
Old Apr 5, 2009, 08:08 PM

DAMN!!! This is f*ckin crazy dude! In a good way! Much props and luck to you with your project!!
Old Apr 5, 2009, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbotime
all I did was hunt car-part.com all day.. once that failed I went back and called all the places that had parts listed and just asked if they had what I was looking for.

Turned out the place I call only had the rear control arm listed.. I called and asked if they still had the outlander there.. the guy checked and said yes so I said sweet pull everything lol..
Got pretty lucky.. In the US they seem to have a lot more salvaged awd outlanders so you should be alright.

I need to confirm but the outlander and evo rear differentials should be the same.. only difference is the evo one has the viscus coupling thing going one where as the outlander does not.

I'm looking to find out soon since eventually I want to get a kazz lsd from the evo and hopefully it will fit since they obviously dont make one for the outlander lol
yeah i figure more or less if i look hard enough i should find something but I don't live in the US and shipping to the cayman islands is gonna be a pain.......but my focus right now is just to get all my 4g63 parts and have my motor in withing the next 2 months maybe by set-oct I'll be ready for the rear end set up.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

sick!

How hard was it to get the side skirts off? and how did you do it? I have one on my lancer that the back 2 brackets aren't hooked and I haven't taken the time to really figure out how to remove it myself, but was it hard?

Last edited by Sir Lance-A-Lot; Apr 5, 2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 09:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MaD_CaNaBiCe
yeah i figure more or less if i look hard enough i should find something but I don't live in the US and shipping to the cayman islands is gonna be a pain.......but my focus right now is just to get all my 4g63 parts and have my motor in withing the next 2 months maybe by set-oct I'll be ready for the rear end set up.
Sounds good... at that time if your stuck and cant find anything.. or any wreckers who wants to ship overseas.. let me know.. I'll have a look around here at that time again.. I can always pick up what you need, disassemble it, box it and ship it for you.
Just a thought.. its a while off so will go down that road when you get there.

Thanks for all the positive comments...
Old Apr 5, 2009, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

This is great... Keep it up
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbotime
Sounds good... at that time if your stuck and cant find anything.. or any wreckers who wants to ship overseas.. let me know.. I'll have a look around here at that time again.. I can always pick up what you need, disassemble it, box it and ship it for you.
Just a thought.. its a while off so will go down that road when you get there.

Thanks for all the positive comments...
thanks man i would really appreciate that BTW in my honest opinion i think the parts would be cheaper over there in canada anyways but then again the price for shipping might not be so great lol also can you send me yahoo or msn messenger contact info so i can add you
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

holy crap dude ur crazy hahah keep it up
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
man super props to you bro.

Eddie Rosado
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

just keep posting pic PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Lancer OZ with Evo Exterior + 4g63T+RWD