Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Accolade Vs Import Trenz EVO VII Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Accolade Vs Import Trenz EVO VII Body Kits

Sup,

So im most likely getting this EVO VII Kit in a month or so. I was crusin through the board and im noticing sales going on for this kit. So last night I was sitting here looking at both kits wondering what the differences are between em. Here's what I gathered so far, for Accolade's that Bar doesnt need to be taken out and the grill style is a lil different then Import Trenz. Now im mostly concerned on the looks. My brother kinda wants me to go w/ Accolade's strictly cause of that reinforce bar b/c here where I live some of the drivers SUCK ***, and I need safety. I put a lil pic showing u 2 REAL Mitsubishi Evolution 7's w/ 2 different grill styles and then I showed u what they look like on our cars. I also noticed for all you like the way the EVO VII in 2 fast 2 furious looks, accolades kit looks more like that one. The import trenz one is copied off of a Stock EVO VII. I dunno, I was jus seeing what u guys think. Which one u guys think looks better, maybe some guidance on the companies product, customer reviews, u know that kinda stuff hehe.

Oh ya, thanks Babyboba29 and Accolade for the pics
Babyboba29, I made sure to use ur copyrighted pics, jus incase
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would give Satansbodykits.com a shot before Accolade !
Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

i think the accolade looks a little better and then not having to take off the extra parts is always a plus ...then of course baba did a great job on his, i love the end result of his car.... badass job man
Old Sep 26, 2003, 04:46 PM
Account Disabled

Re: Accolade Vs Import Trenz EVO VII Body Kits

Originally posted by Go_Lancer_Go
My brother kinda wants me to go w/ Accolade's strictly cause of that reinforce bar b/c here where I live some of the drivers SUCK ***, and I need safety.
Removing the front bar isn't going to make you any safer from other drivers....after all it'd be you rear-ending them....therefore your fault. The "suck ***" drivers have no bearing on the front reman bar....unless they suck *** so much that they drive down the wrong side of the road....in which case I think modifying your car is stupid.

Finally I don't know why PFRP and Good Quality are always equated together on this forum. Flexibility of a body kit doesn't make it any better.

Finally if you notice Accolades evo 7 kit is misproportioned....they have 2 more inches on the bumper from grill to intercooler openning. Tres Ugly
Old Sep 26, 2003, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

some safety is better than no safety
Old Sep 26, 2003, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Re: Accolade Vs Import Trenz EVO VII Body Kits

????????????
Attached Images  
Old Sep 26, 2003, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

i like the accolade kit better, the grill part is smaller.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Sup,

Sweet, im loving the responses. I agree w/ the statement "some safety is better then no safety" cause if one day in winter someone infront of me slams on there brakes and i slide right into em, sure its my fault, and my car would be fully ****ed but i rather have some of my car left and have myself left to do something about it. Snow is a major thing here so i have to keep that in mind. I like both, Accolade's is pretty pimp but whats weird is no one on this board has gotten the kit. I wanna find ONE person to tell me about that kit. Like tell me about Installation, n e trouble, delivery, any information is better then none. babyboba29 was a really good resource for the Import Trenz kit.

"DRC Imports
I would give Satansbodykits.com a shot before Accolade ! "

If that is a real site, i cant find it, the URL didnt work and I couldnt find it on Google either.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

I think if Accolade would post some pictures of their EVO 7 kit on a Lancer actually painted... more people would look at them.. maybe more would buy them... i dont know... the pictures of some of their Lancer kits on their site are kind of incomplete... i'm not trying to knock their products or anything.. just saying.. it would be better if they color matched the kit... like the grey EVO 7 kit.. or the grey Lancer with a yellow GT-R wide body??
Old Sep 26, 2003, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Just on looks. I'de go with import trendz. I don;t know about fitment with them.

If you want better fitment though maybe go with Accolade.
Attached Thumbnails Accolade Vs Import Trenz EVO VII Body Kits-bodykitchart.jpg  
Old Sep 26, 2003, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Also. I think the hood vents on Accolades kit are fake. :/ Not sure about import trendz though.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 10:26 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

well yesterday (friday) i went to my buddy's body shop and we pre-drilled all the holes, and test fitted the front end conversion from import trenz. all i have to say is NO complaints here. the kit fit perfectly with the hood and the conversion itself looks killer. the hood is perfectly made with VERY strong material, and the bumper fit with NO issues. every company has there horror stories if you ask me. the only thing i didnt like about accolade was the fact that no one ever got back to me, and people were just "promising" that it would be in soon. 4 weeks later, and no attempts to contact, i basically went with import trenz. and seeing how the kit looks now on the car, i'm very glad i bought the kit from them.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

go with the accolade kit.. its cheaper, u dont have to take out the front reinforcement bar, and its easier to get your money back from josh [jwerner] if ur not satisfied with the product. although the importtrenz one does look good too, its all rather the same. its up to you.. let us know which one u pick
Old Sep 27, 2003, 09:13 PM

i got the importtrenz kit and it kick major a$$. i would recommend this to anyone

Quick Reply: Accolade Vs Import Trenz EVO VII Body Kits