Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

ken style body kit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2003, 04:52 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes we did break contract with SHARK RACING because We had company Objectives to achieve.

Because we thought that it would be better to have more distributors in USA to cover the region.

Also we need more orders because we had put special factory for the US market and we have overheads cost. It because of that decision we made that we are now what we are !

After we went without Sharkracing we Build Up ourselves a lot by directly shipping to customers.

But I have to tell this. Sharkracing Helped us a lot. Sharkracing is very good company. Special Mr bradley is very good. He is a very nice person.

regards

Accolade
Old Oct 13, 2003, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

well....i replaced everything already...unless u got somthing else...i waited 6 months for this hood....
Old Oct 13, 2003, 09:51 AM

ZooRacer, there are tons of kits manufactured here in the USA. The JT Evo V, the SR Zenon, SR Evo3, the Import Trenz Evo VII, all made in the USA.

At accolade i only have respect for one person: Dimantha. All of the other directors at accolade screwed SR over, and lied to us. If you deal with accolade, only deal with dimantha.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 06:32 PM

For those that have heard of my name and don't know who I am-

I am Henry. I live Import Trenz day in and day out - it is my life. If you guys have something to say about the quality of our body kits, then say it - be frank with me. I'll hear it all out.

If you are saying our Lancer kits don't fit, then show me. If you are saying our kits are of poor quality, then show me. If they have air pockets, show me!

Companies evolve around the customers that drive the market, and we are continually striving to accomodate to these markets. Sometime last year, we made a decisive change in our satisfaction policy. If you, the customer are not happy with your purchase, we will take a product back and refund what you paid for the product (not shipping). But if you come to me and tell me that the body kit has problems, and we cannot positively identify that it has problems, we'll still take it back. But, I will put this out there - if your body shop is saying they want $700 from you to "fix" the fiberglass, they are full of &*$#.

Fiberglass is not really an exact science - It's like chemistry. Add this and add that, and poof, you have a mixture for what your final product will be. If you are saying thickness is the deciding mark on fiberglass, you have got it all wrong. CWest, a premier maker of Japanese aero products has an average thickness of 2mm. Ground Designs makes (or rather contracts it out) Black Widow stuff with a thickness sometimes 3 times as thick as a CWest part. Yet, the CWest part is dead on with fitment everytime, and has far less flaws than a Black Widow (original) kit.
Bottom line is, fiberglass quality is not on thickness, but rather material composition, quality of tooling used to create every part, and the time put into the part.

And all this stuff about PFRP/Blue class/yadda yadda - It's all marketing... The change in composition is in the resin. Fiberglass will always be fiberglass. Hit something while moving (under 3 miles an hour does not count) and your fiberglass will shatter no matter what. I don't care whether it's 6mm thick Black Widow or 2mm CWest, it will all shatter at reasonable moving speed.

I stand behind our products. I recognized the problem with the Altima stuff and for that reason we took steps to rectify the problem. All I am saying is that, "hey, take the time to talk to me and I will make sure you are happy with whatever you decide to do-"

-H
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

I recently purchased the SC1 (Apex 1 style) kit from ngkits.com and I must say that everything fit pretty well. The only problem lies in fitment on the sides of the rear bumper, other than that, everything fit and went on fine. I never installed a body kit before and I had mine on in 3 hours. The quality of their fiberglass was excellent as well. It is very flexible and I scrape and rub all over the place...and mine is a daily driver. I have cracked it once but that was because of a bad road, other than that my kit has undergone 2 months of torment from the roads and come out victorious. I don't know if my kit just happened to be a great kit or what but from my experience with ngkits.com, their great, the only thing that they could improve is their shipping times, it was shipped to texas from cali in 3 days...but that was 3 days after the month after I ordered it...got here quick after it was finally sent. But I think ngkits.com is doin and aight job for themselves...
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:49 PM
Account Disabled

Long But Sweet

Originally posted by Boostinmr2
For those that have heard of my name and don't know who I am-

I am Henry. I live Import Trenz day in and day out - it is my life. If you guys have something to say about the quality of our body kits, then say it - be frank with me. I'll hear it all out.

If you are saying our Lancer kits don't fit, then show me. If you are saying our kits are of poor quality, then show me. If they have air pockets, show me!

Companies evolve around the customers that drive the market, and we are continually striving to accomodate to these markets. Sometime last year, we made a decisive change in our satisfaction policy. If you, the customer are not happy with your purchase, we will take a product back and refund what you paid for the product (not shipping). But if you come to me and tell me that the body kit has problems, and we cannot positively identify that it has problems, we'll still take it back. But, I will put this out there - if your body shop is saying they want $700 from you to "fix" the fiberglass, they are full of &*$#.

Fiberglass is not really an exact science - It's like chemistry. Add this and add that, and poof, you have a mixture for what your final product will be. If you are saying thickness is the deciding mark on fiberglass, you have got it all wrong. CWest, a premier maker of Japanese aero products has an average thickness of 2mm. Ground Designs makes (or rather contracts it out) Black Widow stuff with a thickness sometimes 3 times as thick as a CWest part. Yet, the CWest part is dead on with fitment everytime, and has far less flaws than a Black Widow (original) kit.
Bottom line is, fiberglass quality is not on thickness, but rather material composition, quality of tooling used to create every part, and the time put into the part.

And all this stuff about PFRP/Blue class/yadda yadda - It's all marketing... The change in composition is in the resin. Fiberglass will always be fiberglass. Hit something while moving (under 3 miles an hour does not count) and your fiberglass will shatter no matter what. I don't care whether it's 6mm thick Black Widow or 2mm CWest, it will all shatter at reasonable moving speed.

I stand behind our products. I recognized the problem with the Altima stuff and for that reason we took steps to rectify the problem. All I am saying is that, "hey, take the time to talk to me and I will make sure you are happy with whatever you decide to do-"

-H
Well Said Man !

Well I totally agree with you.

Infact the Fibreglass Quality also depends on the mould you use. Usually Body kits designed and Cut on CNC machines are off very high quality. Usually all Japanese Manufactures do CNC drilling.

The quality is a bit degraded when you cut and paste other kits and get mould out of it. This also matters lot.

For example you see the octane kit fixed to many different cars. what they do is they take the top part of the bumper, and down part of the octane bumper and fill it up with filler and make a mould out of it. Then the dimesions may totally differ.

But i should say that Japanese kits like Ken Style, CWEST. BOMEX and even companies like GIALA have some of the best kits.
You can look at them and just wait for hours cos the craftsman ship is so good, but one of the biggest disadvantage is that most of those kits are sprayed. This reduces the stregth a bit.

But those kits cost a fortune, Usually selling price per bumper is around US$ 500 +. But it is really worth until you go and knock on something.

BOTTOM LINE

But I strongly feel that it is customers who should speak about quality. If customers complain that there is bad quality they cannot be wrong. there may be some problem somewhere. so we as a company we usually try to listen to them. I know that lot of people have scolded us, but it is your comments what have made us what we are today. so i feel that all manufactures should listen to what customers may have to tell. More bad comments you have you have to make sure never to do those mistakes again.

regards

Accolade
Attached Thumbnails ken style body kit-img_2698_2.jpg  

Last edited by ACCOLADE; Oct 13, 2003 at 10:59 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

all kits come this way and there is no such thing as a quality kit my best friends dad owns a body shop and no matter what the gel coat on any kit has to be redone no kit and i mean no kit is quality granted he has never seen a kit fomr veilside but i bet they are no better the quality is often times pretty repairable by the body shop and your luck your only payin 700 most people pay around here at least what the kit cost just to put it on the car and that is just to put it on the car its more on top of that to rework anything before paint
Old Oct 15, 2003, 02:27 AM

Originally posted by hardcoretuner
all kits come this way and there is no such thing as a quality kit my best friends dad owns a body shop and no matter what the gel coat on any kit has to be redone no kit and i mean no kit is quality granted he has never seen a kit fomr veilside but i bet they are no better the quality is often times pretty repairable by the body shop and your luck your only payin 700 most people pay around here at least what the kit cost just to put it on the car and that is just to put it on the car its more on top of that to rework anything before paint

i understand that you might have to or would have to pay the same amount to get it put on, but i was going to have to pay 800 to get it painted and put on but when it got there i was going to have to pay 700 to get the fiber glass that they sent me fix then 700 to get it painted and put on. i would have been paying twice as much for the repairs and paint then i wouyld have for the body kit itself. anyway i sent it back and should get my money back shortly.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 09:08 AM
In Timeout

Originally posted by teamvariety
anyway i sent it back and should get my money back shortly.
give an accolade kit a chance buy though Josh Werner he test fits every bumper so its an easy install. And does quality checks so you will definitely get no excuses from a body shop. It is also a better material than fiberglass. PFRP. good luck. Accolade
Old Oct 15, 2003, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have decided from raeding onthis forum for over a year the only true high quality kit with the least amount of complaints has to be kamnari
Old Oct 15, 2003, 09:29 AM
In Timeout

Originally posted by cerfur
i have decided from raeding onthis forum for over a year the only true high quality kit with the least amount of complaints has to be kamnari
He was going for the Ken Style... I would agree with you Kaminari kits are the best quality and fitment but not a fan of their design myself. I like the Accolade evo VII conversion.