Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

ken style body kit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2003, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ken style body kit

well i should ahve taken everyones word of advise that ngkits.com had crappy knock off kits!!!! but i didnt and im paying for it now. vi just resived my body kit from them and i was stocked right? well i take it to my body shop and they tell me that it is a very very very poor fiberglass job and that is was going to cost me another 300 to 500 dollars just to fix the fiberglass jod and then like 700 to paint it isnt that a bit**.
so just to warn anyone that might be thinking of buying there kit DONT!!!! and sorry tht i didnt listen to you in the frist place. ngkits.com
Attached Thumbnails ken style body kit-100_0134.jpg  
Old Oct 4, 2003, 07:31 AM

more pics
Old Oct 4, 2003, 07:34 AM

pics
shi*** packaging
Old Oct 4, 2003, 07:36 AM

another pic
Attached Thumbnails ken style body kit-100_0130.jpg  
Old Oct 4, 2003, 07:41 AM

crappy
Attached Thumbnails ken style body kit-100_0133.jpg  
Old Oct 4, 2003, 07:42 AM

sorry so many of the same pic i dont know why it did that. but tht is just a sample of what kinda of crap they sent me
Old Oct 4, 2003, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

we told ya so
Old Oct 4, 2003, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear that man.. are u gonna pay to get it fixed or try to get your money back?
Old Oct 4, 2003, 09:18 AM

as of right now im going to try and send it back but ill keep u posted
Old Oct 4, 2003, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

i bet u dat kit came from accolade
Old Oct 4, 2003, 09:36 AM

no acvtually it came from ngkits.com
Old Oct 10, 2003, 02:38 AM
In Timeout

Originally posted by teamvariety
no acvtually it came from ngkits.com
no they decieved you.... it is from Import Trendz which resold the kit from Shark Racing.

Ngkits= Import Trendz new retail site.

The Kit you bought is from Shark Racing their Zenon series pure junk. should have purchased through Accolade Distributors. And avoided the triangle of deception that is going on now.

Shark Racing Import Trendz
Old Oct 10, 2003, 12:01 PM

Stradausa, you dont know what you are talking about. Its not junk, the fiberglass quality is 10 times better than anything i have seen from accolade. The accolade stuff cracks too easily. The stuff from import trenz and ngkits is some of the most flexible fiberglass out there. If someone is charging you 300-500 dollars to "fix" fiberglass, youre getting worked by the body shop.

The most the COMPLETE install with painting on any kit from import trenz would be 700 dollars, unless in your city everyone charges more. The pictures you sent do look like the kit from ngkits. I dont see anything wrong there.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by yamaneko
Stradausa, you dont know what you are talking about. Its not junk, the fiberglass quality is 10 times better than anything i have seen from accolade. The accolade stuff cracks too easily. The stuff from import trenz and ngkits is some of the most flexible fiberglass out there. If someone is charging you 300-500 dollars to "fix" fiberglass, youre getting worked by the body shop.

The most the COMPLETE install with painting on any kit from import trenz would be 700 dollars, unless in your city everyone charges more. The pictures you sent do look like the kit from ngkits. I dont see anything wrong there.
You should take your own advice when it comes to the "you dont know what you are talking about" remarks. I tend to own a body kit from Accolade, do you? I also drive my car everyday and scrape going in and out of certain driveway entrances. I think their kit is pretty damn durable if you asked me. I must of rocked conrete a good 5 times where I thought I cracked my kit and it was perfectly fine. Dont get all huffy puffy, I know you dealt with their kits and all, but did you drive everyday with it as an ordinary car, that's all I am trying to say. So, all in all, if you dont know - dont say, their fitment may suck, but their durable in my eyes and to everyone else that sees my kit. Good day!

Last edited by ZapcoLancer; Oct 10, 2003 at 12:10 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 12:37 PM

Im not talking about scrapes...im talking about flexibility. Every single accolade kit i have gotten, in all of the different materials, and were talking 150+ pieces, the flexibility does not come close to the Import Trenz kits. Every time we unloaded those kits we had to be so careful because if we carried it the wrong way, we could hear cracking.

I stand by what i said: "the fiberglass quality is 10 times better than anything i have seen from accolade. " If they have since made some great new material that fixes this problem, then thats one thing, but i cant comment on that since i havent seen it. Unlike strada, im commenting on what i have seen and tested. The import trenz kits, and the accolade kits i used to deal with.

Quick Reply: ken style body kit