Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

import trenz evo vii/lancer body conversion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2003, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh btw it looks good man, you need a mitsu emblem in the front thou, looks to plain.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

very very nice. i have a quick question though, how do u open ur hood?
Old Oct 14, 2003, 04:36 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally posted by NsXTypeR
very very nice. i have a quick question though, how do u open ur hood?
when we first went to test fit the pieces, we noticed that the evo vii hood does not have the hollow area around the hood latch hook. the stock hood has a hollow area around the hook so that the 1st latch saftey grabber (1st click grabber) tucks in underneath and into it so...... basically what he suggested was to just shave it off, and just use the primary hood latch. he suggested this because he said that if he were to drill and make the area hollow around the evo vii hood, he said that it would make the hood hook weak and it would probably brake off in time. the way the evo hood is made you'll notice that its very strong/sturdy/solid, so he didnt want to mess with that. so now when i go to pop the hood, it just opens without having that saftey latch to pull up. everything worked out perfect.

oh and p.s. trust me that 1st saftey does nothing for your car... just ask my buddy. he flew down the track without noticing the hood was only on the 1st saftey and his hood flew up and smashed everything. he has to pay over a grand to fix his car now

Last edited by .L.; Oct 14, 2003 at 04:39 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 04:52 PM

That looks amazing. Your friend really did a great job installing and painting that kit. Looks just like a brand new Evo VII.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by LanEvoIII
That looks amazing. Your friend really did a great job installing and painting that kit. Looks just like a brand new Evo VII.
If that was the case he'd also have a large intercooler spying through the mesh, Brembos peeking through 2" larger wheels and bulging fender flares to keep those tires covered. All in all, that's probably the nicest body kit. Not as curvacious as the Kaminari and as extreme as some of the other kits around. The fact you take off the front crash bar though isn't good however you slice it. Have you thought about hood pins?
Old Oct 14, 2003, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow i just got finshed posting that i dont like body kits but i actually like this one alot sucks you gotta remove the front bar so iwont be buying it but i am loving it alot
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

how does the back look with the conversion and stock ss and rb?? oh and nice wing.. did you buy that with the front end conversion?
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:16 PM

that looks really good.

my 2 cents, get a tmic turbo system, and be a sleeper.

you can be called the sleeper7
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

looks good .. i just wish the re-inforcement bar could be left in .. not that i plan on getting into an accident or anything.

paint the red stuff behind your bumper black and you'll be good
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

looks fantastic congrats.

you need a mitsu emblem on the grill but besides that it looks great.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 09:48 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pjal84

If that was the case he'd also have a large intercooler spying through the mesh, Brembos peeking through 2" larger wheels and bulging fender flares to keep those tires covered. All in all, that's probably the nicest body kit. Not as curvacious as the Kaminari and as extreme as some of the other kits around. The fact you take off the front crash bar though isn't good however you slice it. Have you thought about hood pins?
very true.... people have already mistaken it for an evo (well the people that dont know much about cars but....). however i just tell them the facts, and that its my LANCER and i'm working on it. like you said "all in all, that's probably the nicest body kit." i chose the kit because i loved the front bumper, and the hood especially. yeah i know, i know the crash bar thing sucks big time, but hey i guess thats the price i'm going to have to pay. as far as how it matches up to the oz sideskirts and rear bumper...... they match perfect, everything is exactly the same height/measurements. people keep asking me how much i paid for the WHOLE kit, thats how well it matches. hood pins? yeah i've been thinking about it..... i'm going to ask my buddy and see what he thinks. the hood is very well made, but i know its always good to be safe. as far as the evo 7 wing, i bought it at the same time as the kit, but i didnt buy it from import trenz. they said the wing is in development and will be available soon from them. and also i think its a good idea about the mitsubishi emblem, so i'm going to have to go buy me one.

damn that was long
thanks for all the compliments guys
Old Oct 14, 2003, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Do they have rear end conversions too?
Old Oct 14, 2003, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

like it, not feeling the hood, vents are flush and not bulged like the evo hoods. And the bumper needs to be a lil lower. Other than that it's looking nice.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Definately getting the thumbs up by me I would just think it would be sweet with the RRM turbo and intercooler setup. But then you know that too
Old Oct 14, 2003, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

WOW! looks ****ing fantasic in red! makes me wanna get one! but i dont like kits on dark cars, which i own.

get some rims and drop it..and youll get a lot more people mistaing your car for an EVO.

Quick Reply: import trenz evo vii/lancer body conversion