Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Lancer ES Evo VIII Body

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Lancer ES Evo VIII Body

Well, I just had to do this after reading about it from others. This project is for the wife; she loves the EVO but refuses to learn how to drive stick. As a result, I bought a wrecked Lancer and bought some EVO parts and the project started. I am not at this time having any plans on any kind of engine swap. Maybe a turbo kit on a rebuilt motor but that is about it. I am now getting ready to rewire the headlights if anyone has done this I need some advice. I will post updates weekly.
Attached Thumbnails Lancer ES Evo VIII Body-evo14.jpg   Lancer ES Evo VIII Body-evo13.jpg   Lancer ES Evo VIII Body-evo12.jpg   Lancer ES Evo VIII Body-img00170-20091023-1814.jpg   Lancer ES Evo VIII Body-img00171-20091023-1814.jpg  

Last edited by PHILLY EVO; Oct 23, 2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool good luck with the build. are u going to do the rear end also and i belive turbotime on here has done it so he could chime in one the wireing
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

No not going to do the rear end .....may be a sleeper one day...... i will build a awd lancer
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Might be a silly question but, can't you convert an Evo to auto? I mean, if it must be an auto...and she wants an Evo too...
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoHung
Might be a silly question but, can't you convert an Evo to auto? I mean, if it must be an auto...and she wants an Evo too...

I thought about that but this was way cheaper....... I believe the outlander trans would work but dont no about how the ECU would work.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

I think they make an automatic Evo in other countries called the Evo GT. You can probably score some transmission parts and Ecu from it.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PHILLY EVO
I thought about that but this was way cheaper....... I believe the outlander trans would work but dont no about how the ECU would work.
if you do the conversion properly it wont be that much cheaper, if you just throw an evo front rear and hood on there its going to look like a cheap bad attempt at an evo and will bring lots of negative attention. so when doing something like this just make sure you do it right and dont half *** any of it. any major parts, details you leave out will have you looking like an idiot..so do those and you'll be fine.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

No not going to do the rear end .....may be a sleeper one day...... i will build a awd lancer
i think it would look weird with a wide front and thin rear but i would like to see the awd lancer
Old Oct 24, 2009, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JHizzle
if you do the conversion properly it wont be that much cheaper, if you just throw an evo front rear and hood on there its going to look like a cheap bad attempt at an evo and will bring lots of negative attention. so when doing something like this just make sure you do it right and dont half *** any of it. any major parts, details you leave out will have you looking like an idiot..so do those and you'll be fine.

It will be done right...It should be complete by the end of Nov...My red evo was hit hard in the front and I had it redone with noproblems at all.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

added the rear doors and side skirts today .....
Old Oct 26, 2009, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry but...I just can't wait until you are done with this project.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Well tried to add pics.....

Last edited by PHILLY EVO; Oct 26, 2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Unless you plan on hacking up the rear quarter panel, its gonna look kinda weird. The body line from the evo wont flow........

Wouldnt it have just been cheaper/easier to pick up an EVO VII bodykit from accolade, get it painted, and call it a day?

Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:49 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
outlander trans only bolts to the 2.4 block.. you would need the outlander awd ecu as well.
you might be able to swap bellhousings from your es transmission and make it work.. but its not somthing i've researched in depth so dont quote me on it.. in theory it should work though.

do the awd lancer with the auto outlander tranny and add the rear end like I did. The hardest part with the rear is sleeving the frame rails and measuring it in place but any good body guy could do it. that would be cool.

looks good though, best of luck! you see that other fool who tried this who hacked apart his lancer and 3000gt with bubble gum a4nd ducktape failed and is selling his crap off now lol.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

The lancer project shouls be mid summer.......that dude wanted to put a V8 in at first right....Wonder why he gave up.

Quick Reply: Lancer ES Evo VIII Body