Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

How much do you think.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2003, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much do you think.....

How much do you guys think it will cost to paint and install a full OZ LIP Kit (Front Lip, Side Skirts, and Rear Lip)? It is already Pearl White, but I need it painted Thunder Grey? I was guessing around $300 for the job, but what do you guys think? And if anyone out there has a TG OZ Kit pm me I will buy it and then sell this kit i have now. thx!!!
Old Nov 11, 2003, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

It will cost a lot more than $300 if you want them to do a good job. It cost $150 in paint and $150 in labor for my fender alone. Granted replacing a fender is going to cost more in labor. If you took the parts to the shop, had them painted, and put them on yourself then I'd guess you're looking at around $400-$500 for paint and paint labor.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Well, how much just to repaint a black car black again? (damn big rigs and rocks)
Old Nov 11, 2003, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

well i originally had a quote for the sideskirts and rear skirt for $200 painted, so I figured the paint on the front bumper couldn't cost more than another $100 and after labor I anticipated at least another $100.....sorry I posted $300 I meant $400 when I originally posted. Honestly livelyjay I think you may have gotten a bad deal. I mean I am sure the worksmanship must be good, but did you go to any other shops to get another quote? I also have a small dent in my fender and just decided I would get another one and the shop quoted me at $200 for the job and this is the same place that fixed my car after an accident with a school bus and they did a flawless job. thanks for the feedback though.....anyone else out there have a clue?
Old Nov 11, 2003, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Most of the places around here quoted me for the same amount. I had them blend the paint, which was a bad idea because you can't tell the difference on the Labrador Black any ways. It was like $250 for the part, and around $250 for paint and paint labor. Most of the shops around here quoted me for the same price, although I wish I would have found the fender online because it would have saved me more money, but insurance paid for it, so who cares.

$400 sounds about right since the labor for the lips and skirts isn't bad at all, just some screws, those plastic pop-rivet things, and some new adhesive.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

yes that what was I was told. I know that I can install these skirts by myself but I don't have a garage to work out of and it makes it hard for me to work in the cold. I also trust my mechanic and body shop guy a lot so I feel he wouldn't rip me off anyway. Did the shop you went to tell you that you had to blend the paint? I remember when I got into my accident with a school bus they did have to repaint almost my entire car to match the paint, but I think that was uneccessary for just a fender. But thanks a lot for your help anyway!
Old Nov 11, 2003, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

i was quoted $500 to fix a fender and fbumper. it was too much so my bumper is still ****ed up.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

yes but i don't need any of my body fixed, i just need to know what you guys think it will cost to change the paint on a full OZ kit from pearl white to thunder grey. thank you so much, it is greatly appreciated. 4gaijin63 was that quote for a new bumper or just fix yours?