Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

RMR Front Lip Type 1 [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2003, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya tru i was thinkin bout sellin my rims tho cuz ima get black 17 in 5 spokes or i should jus keep the 15's for racing when im with my team money is hard to come by down here and people charge me too much im only 17
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

What part do you get for the $300.00? Is it the entire bumper?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

i've got the rmr type 1 lip but its not painted or installed yet. my car is thunder gray too ;], i'll probably get it painted & installed in a couple weeks. no $$ right now..

lol i just noticed..this thread has ALL thunder gray laners. or almost all?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

I have the Type 1 Lip, Honestly its really very strong and well made check out my registry. It opens up the the front mouth to about 6 inches or so. Its like half an inch lower than the stock oz side skirts.

Honestly you can install it yourself after its painted. Its actually not that hard. The hardest thing is to get the courage to cut your front bumper. Only the center mouth has to be cut. If you have the es or ls you can skip the part about reoving the stock front lip found on the oz. RMR also provides instructions on how to install it so its relatively easy. Feel free to ask any questions.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

looks hot stumpy.. how much did you have to cut? the whole thing or a couple inches? and as for jennz, seems like we got a black lancer up in here too.. almost the same isnt it?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

Haha sorry i broke the TG chain
cutting reguires the entire center piece as shown in the red circle
yes pic is of rmr type 2 but you get my point
Attached Thumbnails RMR Front Lip Type 1 [MERGED]-rmr21.jpg  
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

thats gotta be a *****.. seems like im going back to the type 2
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

honestly its not that bad just gotta be careful, So far its as original as it gets here in NY. The other kits ive seen were stock oz,rmr type2, and kaminari, here in NY.
and right now at 330 painted thats a great deal considering i bought mine not painted for 300
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

How is the paint job from RMR? Does the lip's paint chip easy like the factory paint?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

see the thing is, like i posted before, i want to be able to switch lips between winter.. i wanna use the oz one during winter and switch back to the RMR one during spring/summer.. i doubt i'll be able to switch back to the oz one if i cut off the entire center piece.. and wouldnt the type 1 lip have less support since its not clipped in the middle?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

RMR sends the lip out to be painted but if i read there site correctly they have some that are painted already. As far as i can tell paint job is great, No chipping. The only time it was chipped was when i smashed (60 Mph, unavoidable) into this solid ice block and cracked the lip. Even with the crack it held up very nicely, still strong. I only changed it recently cause the crack was bothering me.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

did u cut the bumber urself to fit or did u take it to a shop and how much did it cost if u get it cut right mine is gonna come painted straight from rmr i cant wait
Old Oct 23, 2003, 07:00 AM

you guys said that you wnted something original so you got the same lip as some of the other guys. that doesnt make sense. i am working on a completely custom body kit for my 03 oz . this kit will be completely custom, no other like it in the world, and will consist of front, rear, and sides. it is possible that i could be doin some custom fenders, and a wide body kit also, that could be available for sale. i work for a company called SLEEK concepts and design, if anyone was at NOPI Nationals this year you may know that our 2001 Mustang Saleen took 2nd place in its division. what i am trying to say is this. if you want something original send me a design of a bumper taht you would like and i will get back to you on how much it will cost. my email is slimm0013@hotmail.com or sleekconcepts@usa.com and tell them that slimm sent you.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think that something that small shouldnt cost as much as it does... you can buy a whole kit for that, put the FB and sell the other parts.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

its already painted black and ready its worth it for me i want the look of the evo front kinda

Quick Reply: RMR Front Lip Type 1 [MERGED]