Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

RMR Front Lip Type 1 [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2003, 10:56 AM
Yol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by TG LanceR
I just received my e-mail from RMR. I was very dissappointed with their offer and I wrote them back. They quoted me at from 5 - 10 buyers:
Painted $350
Unpainted $200
However, I emailed RMR last week and they quoted me at $365 for a painted and shipped RMR Lip, so I emailed him back and told him he has to do much better than that to get a group buy started. Let me know what you guys think, but I believe it should be down somewhere near $315 shipped and painted? With 10 people they will make $3150 instead of $3650. I don't think he understood too well that we obviously want it at a much lower price but I will try to straighten things out.....
Are those prices for both RMR Lips?
I really want Type 2 and I don't need it painted.
So if you can get me the Type 2 lip for $200 or less shipped then I'm definitely in. Please email me more info at flipnflow1@yahoo.com cause I might forget to check back. Thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 10:59 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by RMRBlair

The Type 2 Front Lip doesn't require any cutting.
Install is a BREEZE. Beyond easy actually. Hell, it doesn't even require screws/bolts (good idea to put them in though). Mine was held on with the double-sided tape they provided for almost a year. Until ILP broke the seal on the tape while removing my bumper to fit an intercooler it never moved a millimeter.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

double sided tape.. thats it?!?! but you still have to take out the stock lip though right? and if you do decide to take out the stock lip, does the RMR lip have holes predrilled so you could use the stock screws used on the oz lip? sorry for asking these questions, but i cant find your write-up anymore hobie..
Old Nov 14, 2003, 11:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

It comes with mounting hardward and whatnot, I just didn't use it. The tape was awesome. I don't know if mine is any different than the production ones (I have what I believe was a pre production lip). Mine came with no holes. I ended up drilling two in each wheel well for screws when I remounted it this summer. I'll find the write up for you.

Hell, if I had free time I'd offer to help you out on your install (assuming you bought it). Unfortunately I'm lucky to have more than 2 hours to myself a night (11pm-whenever I sleep.)

As promised.

My speculation stands that this would take 5 minutes on an ES/LS because you don't have to remove the stock lip. Just clean, stick, drill and screw.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Nov 14, 2003 at 11:45 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

hobiekpoek when you said that you remounted it this summer, does that mean you take it off during the winter? and if so, why? thanks a lot and where is everyone on this GB?
Old Nov 14, 2003, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

thanks hobie..
Old Nov 16, 2003, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

hey hobie can you please answer my question in the post above i am very curious.

Where is everyone on this group buy i need some feedback so i can e-mail RMR! Please guys this happens every time there is a group buy, eveyone says that they are interested but never replies again, don't do this to me.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I'm sorry man I can't be in anymore I realize that shipping to Canad would be a lot more and I don't think you are going to get a hell of a deal on this lip. Still let me know what would be the price for the type II unpainted.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

i would get you a price on that, but the whole point of this thread is for me to start a group buy on the type one lip, and no matter what shipping is going to be the same whether you get a type I or II? As I told either you or another member when I am done with attempting this group buy I will start another group buy for the LIP Type II even though I will not purchase one, but I would have already done business with RMR, so just give it time.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

is anybody going to jump on this they said from 5-10 buyers, and ims ure 5 wont be that hard to find.....c'mon guys imt rying to do you a favor and save some money. bump
Old Nov 17, 2003, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

What is the best price they have offered for an unpainted type I lip? I am also curious as to how much the would want for shipping to B.C. Canada. Postal code V7E 5V6. If the shipping isnt crazy I am definately interested.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

well they quoted me at 200 for the unpainted at 5-10 people and if enough people are interested i will try to get it for $200 shipped, but in your case if I get it at that price it shouldn't cost too much more. I will need more than 1 person to start this. Let me know if you are definately interested, so then it would be;
1. Myself
2. SNapz
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
but where is everyone else?
Old Nov 17, 2003, 12:53 PM

I'm interested in the type 1 lip.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

ok cool so does that mean both of you will buy it for $200? Because then we would only need two more people and I will e-mail RMR as soon as that happens to see if I can get the lip for $200 unpainted.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Yea put me down for it. Can you find out what price they will do for shipping to Canada though? Also is it confirmed $200.00 unpainted?

Last edited by SNapz; Nov 17, 2003 at 01:36 PM.

Quick Reply: RMR Front Lip Type 1 [MERGED]