Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Eyelids, what's the deal?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2003, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eyelids aren't complete "rice". I think us Lancer enthusiasts on the forums do a good job of staying away from so-called "rice" "civic rice". Eyelids I already stated, is not a big thing for me, but for some it is. But saying they are "rice" is not true. Putting a giant hood scoop on a civic is rice. Put LED windshield nozzles is rice. Driving around with an unpainted body kit is so rice. Putting a big aluminum wing in the back is rice. That is my 2 pennies.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

according to todays society, we are all rice...we just have a hard time saying it.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sick of people refering to things YOU don't like as "rice"...
You know what's not rice? Don't ****ing own a car.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

it is settled everyone and everything in the world is rice
Old Dec 7, 2003, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Shoooot I eat rice with everything. White sticky rice to be more specific. I eat it with eggs, steak, chicken....I eat rice with a bowl of cereal. It's like the necessity for me. Did you know...when building the Great Wall of China, they used a mix of lime and sticky rice for mortar Rice has so many uses...it's great
Old Dec 7, 2003, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

man what the hell is up with people and rice.. a car.. how it connected to rice. some one explain what the connection is.

i agree with drummerjun.. i just call em a "Wanna be racers" i'm not a wanna be racer cause i dont try to call out people or i dont try to prove n e thing with my car
Old Dec 7, 2003, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

yea i hate the rice term it just sounds so stupid, where did it generate and from what and what connection to cars/racing?
Old Dec 7, 2003, 07:09 PM
Account Disabled

yeah...im sick of it also....i think it comes from people who se nothing but people of asian desent( check spelling on that) put nothing but stupid stuff on their car...rice...is just a word...that i am sick of...and being reffered of.....just because we tune our cars....so whoever thinks that fixing up an import is rice...then go buy a neon..or a cavalier...then you'll be what?...
Old Dec 7, 2003, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

yeh i'm asian and i admit that madd asian people have ricey cars.. but now is kinda different since theres that sterotype.. but i do still see some wack cars hooked up.. i see a saturn with a park bench spoiler and some body graphics, its a small asian dude driving it. ... my friend has a huyndia accent with a park bench spoiler and super street decals.. no rims. ... thats rice to me.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldnt put them on my car but I think it adds a little to the whole overall effect. this is my friends EVO
Attached Thumbnails Eyelids, what's the deal?-nauman-2.jpg  
Old Dec 7, 2003, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

uh...lol. That looks pretty pimp. Maaan, the more and more I reply in this thread....the more I want some eyelids. LOL. The eyelids on that yellow EVO looks .

on eyelids (you have converted me)

on rice (that term will forever be used, just like "muscle" with big American cars)

to Kelly Hu
Old Dec 7, 2003, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Pick_a_Fro
uh...lol. That looks pretty pimp. Maaan, the more and more I reply in this thread....the more I want some eyelids. LOL. The eyelids on that yellow EVO looks .

on eyelids (you have converted me)

on rice (that term will forever be used, just like "muscle" with big American cars)

to Kelly Hu

yeh i agree with u.. eyelids do make the car look way better.. shyt.. imma get a new pair and secure them so they wont fly off again.. hahaha
Old Dec 7, 2003, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by jerzepnoy
yeh i'm asian and i admit that madd asian people have ricey cars.. but now is kinda different since theres that sterotype.. but i do still see some wack cars hooked up.. i see a saturn with a park bench spoiler and some body graphics, its a small asian dude driving it. ... my friend has a huyndia accent with a park bench spoiler and super street decals.. no rims. ... thats rice to me.

LOL, I had a riced out Hyundai Accent too!

http://www.pbase.com/kennyfsu/axxent
Old Dec 8, 2003, 10:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And if you're going to buy eyelids, buy them from JWERNER24's garage sale ! (if that's not free advertising, nothing is...)
Old Dec 8, 2003, 11:04 AM

I don't think eyelids are really necessary for the Evo, but if you look at the new Ralliart I think it looks better with eyelids.

Quick Reply: Eyelids, what's the deal?