Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2004, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opinions?

i got a ralliart grill and i was wonder in what do u think it will look like with a carbon fiber hood? because i am thinking of gettin one and a carbon fiber trunk lid with my income tax returns.....what u guys think?
Old Jan 2, 2004, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

You have a yellow car right? In my opinion...ugly.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

yeah its yellow that guy jerzepony i think has a yellow grill and a carbon fiber hood i think it looks good....what about just a carbon fiber trunk wouls that look good by itself.....can u elaborate on your opinion sailorgoon....i want to know y it would be ugly in your opinion not just its ugly...thanks for info regardless
Old Jan 2, 2004, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

I've been thinking about this also, and I think it would just look weird. Having the grill not match the hood may not look great, but I could be wrong-it might give the car a unique look. If I were ever to get a C.F. hood/trunk it would just be to save weight, so I would paint it.

Last edited by evofan@scorp's; Jan 2, 2004 at 08:24 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 03:23 PM

I have a Pearl White car. Also have the Ralliart grill and plan on getting a CF hood in a couple of months. However I want to paint the sides of the hood, like Kontradictions. I think it would look nice.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by CromeOz
yeah its yellow that guy jerzepony i think has a yellow grill and a carbon fiber hood i think it looks good....what about just a carbon fiber trunk wouls that look good by itself.....can u elaborate on your opinion sailorgoon....i want to know y it would be ugly in your opinion not just its ugly...thanks for info regardless
it looks good on certain angles tho. alot of ppl like it but some ppl dont. its really up to u and what u like personally..

CF might be a little too much tho. i mean if a person who sees a CF hood and trunk they might think u cant get parts painted but if a person who knows about CF.. they might think its hot .. or maybe too much

Last edited by jerzepnoy; Jan 2, 2004 at 08:24 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

yes .. paint the sides it will look better than it is
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

I had someone in Photoshop forum turn Kontra's car yellow so I could see what the Carbon Trunk would look like...here is the pic.
In a couple weeks I'll take a pic of my car when my Carbon Fiber trunk goes on, then it will actually show a yellow OZ with a Carbon Trunk...I think it looks -> Carbon Fiber + Yellow
Attached Thumbnails opinions?-yellow1.jpg  
Old Jan 2, 2004, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

looks hot! ... and thats a nice chop! ..
Old Jan 2, 2004, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Re: opinions?

I just bought Muramasa's last Ralliart grill a week ago. I was in on the second Group Buy but he canceled it, and luckily he had one black grill left over from the 1st group buy. I am going to throw it on to my existing CF hood. I'll post pics as soon as I install it. As per UPS, my grill will be arriving 1/5/2003 so pics should be up by 1/6.

I love the grill but I am not crazy about the yellow grill on a black hood...but that's just me....to each his own. The grill I am getting is black, so it should blend nicely with my CF hood. That said people on these posts hate TYC's but I have CF ones on my ride....so do what feels best and what you think looks pimpn' for you dude.

Originally posted by CromeOz
i got a ralliart grill and i was wonder in what do u think it will look like with a carbon fiber hood? because i am thinking of gettin one and a carbon fiber trunk lid with my income tax returns.....what u guys think?