Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Angel Eyes on my Lancer!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2004, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^best reply of the hr lol... KUDOS!
Old Jan 18, 2004, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

where the hell is the pic? lol
Old Jan 18, 2004, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

yeh

Where is the pic? We've all been waiting for a WHILE to see projectors, and you say you have angel eyes, custom , at that..let's see them!
<chris>
Old Jan 18, 2004, 05:40 PM

Last edited by Nyc_Ryc; Jan 18, 2004 at 05:46 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2004, 05:44 PM

Originally posted by Lancer31
So does this mean anyone that tints there windows is "rice"? I personally don't know anyone that is completely happy with a stock car off the lot. Not dissing stock, but most everyone would like bigger or nicer looking rims if they could afford it, and to be rice, but because it looks better! How can you say changing your rims, tinting your windows, and changing light bulbs is rice? In my opinion, these are more or less essentials. Not just to me either, to the manufacturers as well. Every year you see new cars coming with stock HID's, tinted windows, and even 19' to 20' rims.
Tinted windows aren't supposed to make the car look faster or more expensive, so that's not within the lexicon of "rice." Rims can be ricey, depending on whether they're heavy and have good tires. If a Civic has some heavy 17's or 18's with the cheapest possible tires, that's rice since it's just a look and the owner doesn't actually care about performance. Light bulbs aren't rice if they increase the wattage and light up the road better, but if they're just tinted blue, that's rice. So rice certainly isn't every modification.

Angel eyes are rice, but so be it. In the end, the acid test is whether we think the finished product makes the car look better, since that's the intent. Good rice makes the car look better (to people who like or accept rice) and bad rice makes a car look ridiculous.

One of my favorite rice-mobiles:
Attached Thumbnails Angel Eyes on my Lancer!!!-mega_pipe_back_right.jpg  
Old Jan 18, 2004, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Nyc_Ryc! so is my car "Ricey" to you? coz if it is, then i guess im gonna have to get rid of my aftermarket goodies then

Last edited by Punk8981; Jan 18, 2004 at 06:08 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2004, 06:07 PM

OMG that car is hoooorible.

I think you're just making too much of this rice vs non-rice. If someones lancer looks anything like that i'll agree with you!
Old Jan 18, 2004, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

It seems like we are about to have a war over a stupid word. Everyone takes the term RICE differently. Its an opinion anyways dont let it get you down if someone says your car is RICEY if you like it let it be.
Old Jan 18, 2004, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

To conclude,
what NYC really is saying is:
Lancer w/ mods = RICE
Evo = Non-rice (true)

We get it, well at least I get it. It's ok, you are not the first one who hates the Lancers and you definitely won't be the last. PERIOD.

so....where are the pix???

Last edited by drummerjun; Jan 18, 2004 at 06:33 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2004, 12:19 AM

Drummerjun: You miss the point! Or I still haven't made it well enough. Mods don't equal rice, but mods that aren't functional are usually rice. If you put Enkei RPO1's (a light wheel) with Kumho MX's (a sticky tire) that's not rice, since it will make your car much better handling. Likewise, if you chop the springs and screw up your alignment, it's rice, but if you put on a set of Tein coilovers and get suspension advice from experts, that's definitely not rice. That kicks ***!

Evo's are definitely ricey in appearance, but they actually perform very well. I know people consider Evo's rice and it isn't my first rice burner. Earlier I had macho muscle cars, so I'm definitely comfortable driving stereotype vehicles.

I like Lancers fine. The base one doesn't have nearly enough power for my taste but I think the Ralliart looks like a promising in-between car. As for souping up a 120hp car, I'd say one is better off saving money for a faster car. I also think a young driver can learn more about driving by having an underpowered car he can drive close to its limits than by driving a high-powered car far beneath its true limits.

Rbbucustom: Exactly. So what if someone calls your car rice? If you like it, fine. You never expected EVERYONE to like your car when you modified it, did you?

Ugh. Sorry we're so off topic. This is my fault. Someday maybe we'll get a picture of angel eyes on a lancer and then we'll give the thread starter some real feedback.

Here's some rice extreme:

Attached Thumbnails Angel Eyes on my Lancer!!!-mx6_back.jpg  

Last edited by Nyc_Ryc; Jan 19, 2004 at 12:24 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2004, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

hahaha ... two spoilers? .. some one should start a off topic thread "post ur best rice" ... i've seen so many pix of really bad and i mean bad cars and that is one of them
Old Jan 19, 2004, 01:02 AM
Evolving Member

i hate to continue down this horribly off track path. but,

i believe that nyc has some serious mental issues. for god's sake. it's driving me insane. i don't think that just because you want your car to be asthetically pleasing that you are rice. i think you are rice. your entire mentality as well. i think rice is a word that describes childish bull****. why should anyone care what you think in respect to their cars. i think if your opinions are going to be so overly drawn out and negative, maybe you should keep them to yourself.

anyways, where are these pics? do you have them installed yet?
Old Jan 19, 2004, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

nyc, why do you think that you are the god of the definition of rice and by the way you have ryc in your name
Old Jan 19, 2004, 02:47 AM
Evolved Member

I like rice

My favorite rice is Spanish rice umm more rice please.
Old Jan 19, 2004, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

lol! NYC_RYC lol!

Quick Reply: Angel Eyes on my Lancer!!!