Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

CF Headliner

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha kontra im jealous not only do you the headliner i want, but you also have the weather i wish for.

Nice job though, keep up the good work
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pumpdog720
Is that the whole roof out or just a piece under it. I want to do my healdiner in a different color, what actually is taken out?
the entire top panel that is considered your headliner comes out a just one huge piece. You need to take out all the pillars, take off all the molding around the doors and sunroof, if you have one, and then there are some screws that hold the visors on and the lights up top just have 2 bolts holding them up. Very simple to remove, took me about 10 minutes with one of my friends helping me. Also it came right out the door, took some work, but it came right out.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:17 AM

you guys think he's nuts??? if you only knew..........
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by suyfergirl
you guys think he's nuts??? if you only knew..........
only the rare few that have met me know the things that i wrapped in my head. You should see the ideas i have for my room in my house in carbon fiber...can anyone say CF toilet seat! hahahahahaaha
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

how the hell do you get that in and out of the car, lol, im assuming thru the trunk

much respect kontra, if i had your skill, i would be making anything and everything carbon fiber, im probly just as crazy!
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TURBOit
how the hell do you get that in and out of the car, lol, im assuming thru the trunk

much respect kontra, if i had your skill, i would be making anything and everything carbon fiber, im probly just as crazy!
it's a skill you can easily acquire, just takes time...learn like i did, and you can be doing the same things i do!
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:33 AM

Chris is always doing new things, and learning new stuff. Every time we're together, he's telling me about something new that he wants to do, or try. It's cool. You guys need to be more creative! (including myself... too bad he steals all my ideas grrrr)

-K
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Chris is always doing new things, and learning new stuff. Every time we're together, he's telling me about something new that he wants to do, or try. It's cool. You guys need to be more creative! (including myself... too bad he steals all my ideas grrrr)

-K
yeah can anybody say CF roof! hahahaha

ive seen it done before on other cars, just i dont know if i really wanna go that far, but it would complete my entire look for the car if i did!
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

parts are no problem, learning it is no problem, its just the work space, you forget i live in NY ::looks out window at mounds of snow:: hehe maybe it would be a fun summer thing to do, good luck man!
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TURBOit
parts are no problem, learning it is no problem, its just the work space, you forget i live in NY ::looks out window at mounds of snow:: hehe maybe it would be a fun summer thing to do, good luck man!
yeah a lot of people i talk with are having to go thru the same thing you are talking about. Also a lot of them to have access to a nice shop to lay there pieces out and have a heater on to at least keep the work area at a decent 70 degrees.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:48 AM

VERY cool Chris!! Boy you got some sanding cut out for ya'. You'll be like the Karate Kid..."sanda' thisa' way Daniel-san!"
Yeh I have some crazy ideas for my home too...the hell with stainless steel kitchen appliances, carbon baby.
Oh, check this link out Chris for c/f furnature.
www.giovannipagnotta.com pretty cool stuff.
Anyhow,, looking forward to seeing pics of the finished work (and then make a mold damn it!)
Leo
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-K
They ideas are not a problem, money is the issue in my case
Old Feb 11, 2004, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the compliment Leo! You are the man, i am just trying to aspire to the achievments you have made!

Definitly making a mold would be nice to have, but i dont know if i wanna for something this big. At least i would need to have some following in this group that would be really interested in having one of these in there car...we'll see
Old Feb 11, 2004, 12:52 PM

Well think of it this way Chris....once you are done with that you will have just made a REALLY GREAT looking and perfect plug to pull the mold off of!! You know the routine. Really nice though and I gotta' give ya' props for taking on such a big project...maybe you are are insane! Hmmmm.... lol.
Leo
Old Feb 11, 2004, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

mad props man. i thought you were only talking about it and here it is. damn you crazy bastard .

by the way, i just saw the write up in the new super street for the kontradictions rsx. it's looks sweet. i also noticed your car in the depo tail lights ad. keep it up, man.

Quick Reply: CF Headliner