Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

How to Install JDM Headlights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
when u do get those other adapters, post the pic cause i wanna see what they look like
Old Aug 21, 2008, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be sure to do that probably, get those adapters next week sometime.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:04 AM

wrong one!

Well I got the adapters today and they were not what I was expecting. Pics say it all! Hopefully 4no can get those adapters for me.

Old Aug 25, 2008, 06:08 PM
4no
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alright, i wasn't able to get a hold of my buddy who got me the sockets but while digging for some more info I found something interesting:

I discovered this thread: click

as it turns out 2005 Mitsubishi Outlanders share the SAME H1 socket adapters as cedia headlights.

as you can see from this diagram, #14 is what we're looking for. You can easily call up your local dealership and ask a "2005 Outlander low beam socket." it is 9:00PM where I am now, and i can't get the parts number. If anyone can please post it in this thread as it'd really help out anyone who is thinking of installing a set of cedias on their lancer.

Alternatively, the adapters can be bought here. You will need 1 for each side.

Also, please note, when using these adapters the correct harness to purchase will be an H4 harness.

Picture i found on google. this is EXACTLY what you'd need to plug into the other end of the H1 adapter:

Last edited by 4no; Aug 25, 2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 09:09 PM

Thanks 4no thats a killer find! I have already ordered the parts hopefully they will get here by the end of the week. Once I get them I will post the part numbers
Old Aug 26, 2008, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
the hi'1 i got from another member here 4no is his name.. he bought me a pair of h1's after i sent him money via paypal.. got them in 1- 2 weeks ( comming from canada )... my h1 adapters had 2 terminals on the back and i see only 1 in that pic u gave us,,.. i had no issues with my h1 bulbs fitting in the socket

if you look at this pic here

the h1 adapter should have 2 terminals at the back and not 1

4no, did you create him a harness or what did you exactly do? If so are your services still available? To be completely honest, i would rather have someone that knows what they are doing then trust myself.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 10:28 AM
4no
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 02blulanceres
4no, did you create him a harness or what did you exactly do? If so are your services still available? To be completely honest, i would rather have someone that knows what they are doing then trust myself.
actually, that picture was a picture i've posted for a harness i've made for myself. I don't sell these. about 2 pages back i've listed the parts i've used and where i bought them.

Old Aug 26, 2008, 12:26 PM

For everyone thats still looking for Cedia headlights here ya go...

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__W0QQ_nk...romZQQ_sacatZ0

Oh and I never solder any connections on headlights. I seen many soldered connections fail on headlights, the high temps on bulb and wiring are suspect. Crimp connectors are just fine.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

yeah those were the wrong ones.. hope you get the new ones soon....

wow you telling me that the o5 outlanders uses the same h1 sockets that i have in my cedias?.. thats sweet now that i know i can replace them if needed.. nice find 4no... oh and thx again for the info.. you rock
Old Aug 29, 2008, 07:52 AM

Here's pics of the wiring harness that I had modified for the headlights. Its a two relay setup, one for low beam and one for high beam. It has one male 9007 socket for input, 2 modified H4 sockets for the low beam, and 9005 socket for high. Ground wires not hooked up yet I haven't decided on whether or not to make it a shared ground. I'm pretty sure I got this harness off of ebay.

Here is a pic of harness overall

Here you can see the 9007(blue) male socket, 9005 socket, and modified H4 socket.

This pic shows the 2 fuse holders and the 2 relay sockets. That blue thing coming off of the relay socket is a diode, it prevents current from flowing backwards into the other relay.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 07:55 AM

Just got a reply from that place that sells those H1 adapters....

"Those are not stocking parts. We had to special order those for you and the order should ship out by Tuesday next week. "

Oh well gotta play the waiting game again! I guess once I get everything together I'll put together a tutorial that should cover everything from what parts are needed to the installation process. Since I gotta take the frt bumper cover off again, I may as well install my PIAA 959 fog's.

Last edited by phatmitz; Aug 29, 2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

fuses?.. mine harness dont need a relay.. headlights work for well over 6+ months w/o them
Old Aug 29, 2008, 07:19 PM

The harness actually lets the lights get a little brighter. 10 gauge wire feeding power to the bulbs is better than 12-14 gauge wires, less resistance. In the end it all comes down to personal preference. I even have a harness on my civic for the hid's that I installed in that car. Here's some food for thought

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...ys/relays.html

I thought it was worth a try, even painless wiring makes a harness kit also.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/w...rchField=30817
Old Sep 6, 2008, 01:23 AM

Whew!!! the adapters showed up today. I am relieved that these are the correct parts! So to let you know I have verified that the adapters from the outlander are the same.

Part number

Adapter where socket where the H1 is inserted

Back of adapter

Adapter with bulb mounted

Adapter and bulb in headlight bucket

Light with bulbs inserted and connected

Tutorial to come will install lights tomorrow
Old Sep 7, 2008, 02:58 AM

put together my tutorial here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...69#post6088769

Quick Reply: How to Install JDM Headlights