Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

EVO 7 + 8 hood and front bumper fitting on Lancer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2004, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
f*** an 8
Old Mar 30, 2004, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

You must have only read the first post or you would have seen EVO 8 is basicly out of the picture now its only EVO 7. My car will beat a stock evo when i'm done with it. And it will look like a stock EVO 7 either. It will have a custom hood and a evo 7 body kit not a stock evo 7 front bumper. Besides anyone who's not an EVO obbessed person will love my car so i don't care.
Old Mar 30, 2004, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

If your gunna spend thousands on making your car look like an Evo and thousands to make it run like an Evo then why didn't you get an Evo? At least that way it would all be under warrenty.
Old Mar 30, 2004, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

My car will still be a lot cheaper than an evo. The warranty is the real issue but how much can i get coverd? Since i "drive with my mommy" still i dont know much about insurance fill me in if possible. I still highly doubt ill change my mind but its still really good info you or someone else could provide for me.
Old Mar 30, 2004, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

I thought that was a joke about Drives: with my mommy. Guess not. Anyways, I pay about $300 a month with no wrecks or tickets on my record. Our cars are slow as **** but most insurance companies still consider them high performence. Assuming your younger than 20 (my age) then expect to pay at least that. Be careful when doing body work because if you do have to remove or change stuff like your reinforcment bar then your insurance may try to get out of covering you in a wreck.
Old Mar 30, 2004, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Has there always been a swear censer on this site?
Old Mar 30, 2004, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't think so, Now can't you notify the insurance company before hand then they can't get out of it can they? Or could they just say then we dont want to insure you anymore if your going to do this to your car? I have absoluetly no experience with insurance so i would'nt have a clue. What about all ur engine mods, are they covered?
Old Mar 30, 2004, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Well engine mods aren't covered by the Mits. warrenty and you insurence is usually only for the worth of a stock car. If you tell them you want to insure it to cover rims, kit, turbo, etc. they will charge more if they even will cover it. Mine won't. I think most states require you to have your reinforcment bar, kinda like airbags. So if you remove it your breaking a law and insurence will fight it or drop you. My stupid friend was driving drunk, totaled his car and the insurance fought it and won cause he was breaking a law. Kinda the same concept.
Old Mar 30, 2004, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

I see what your saying.. that would suck if you put 20 grand into a car then u nailed it and u only got the cars stock worth...
Old Mar 30, 2004, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Exactly
Old Mar 30, 2004, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

But, i could also pay 500 dollars a month for insurance to cover it all and it could be worth it... I will be a crazy driver and i know that i already am. I can't even imagine how crazy i'll be when i dont have to drive with people. I would get an evo but i would want to mod it plus i dont have that money to buy one anyways.
Old Mar 31, 2004, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Back to it fitting on other people if u have opinions please post

bummmpppp
Old Apr 2, 2004, 12:10 AM

well I've actually inquired about this fitting from some American body shops (I live in Canada by the border) who have worked with Evo's and OZ's, and they say it's damned near impossible to do a complete front end conversion. The Evo (which btw the VII & the VIII DO have the same body dimensions) has a totally different wheel base than the Lancer so putting front fenders from on Evo on a Lancer is out of the question unless you plan to relocate the axles. Now the generic fender flares might make some of the work easier, but the shape of the Lancer headlights is gonna be a big problem if you put an Evo hood and front bumper on. You're gonna have to do lots of cutting and molding (which will not be cheap no matter who you know) to get them to fit semi-decently. Don't forget to add the cost of wider rims too if your putting on wider fenders or fender flares.

so the long and short of it is what you have in mind is not really all that do-able. What's the problem with getting an Evo VII kit from Accolade? The hood and everything are meant to fit the Lancer's lights and everything. If you really want the full 'Evo' effect you can order evo styled headlights for the Lancer from Japan with the amber strip and everything. I'm sure with time some company will come out with a wide body kit for the Lancer like the old wide body Evo kits for the US Mirage.
Old Apr 2, 2004, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

I was talkign about getting headlights the whole time..., and getting new fenders also became not the option, i was going to get EVO hood and front bumper then fender flares and evo headlights. It sholdnt be that hard, it may not be that easy but i think with the hood, bumper, grills (if they dont come with bumper),headlights,rewiring for headlights, and flares it shouldnt be over 3-4k which is something i am going to consider if im gna be going to shows.
Old Apr 2, 2004, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Why not just spend $600 and get the full Evo7 body kit. Yeah the conversion might be cool to be able to say "I did an Evo front end conversion" but in the end unless you change the rear fenders and bumper as well it's not gunna look like an Evo. Even if you took the entire skin off an Evo and put it on your car, as soon as you open your hood at a car show ppl are gunna know it's not an Evo.

Kinda reminds me of the ricers in '91 Civics that put V-tec stickers on their car and when you look under the hood it's a stock 1.5, 97-horsepower sohc engine with an Ebay air intake. Kinda sad. Thats why I say get an original Lancer kit. Some people say getting any kit is rice but not nearly as ricey as making it something it's not and try as you might it will never be an Evo.

Everyone gives you their opinion on your question but you keep disagreeing with everyone. Why ask for opinions if your just gunna argue with them.

Also, if you get a shop that gunna do it right then your probably looking at $3-4K just for the labor, molding, re-wiring and re-painting. Plus the cost of parts. Just a heads-up.

Quick Reply: EVO 7 + 8 hood and front bumper fitting on Lancer