Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Evolution VII Techsports Edition Fitment?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2004, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evolution VII Techsports Edition Fitment?

So how is it? the Evolution VII Techsports Edition's fitment? If someone feels like being very helpful, you can post a pic of what the underpart of the hood looks like, so i can see how it's built. This question is for the regular and carbon hood. Post whatever you can. Thanks, Matt
Old Aug 23, 2004, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

fitment is PERFECT ALL AROUND! myself, "MajesticLancer", and "imajinmyfx" mounted and installed it on my rio red es. i will take some pics for you... i dunno if i can get the inner part of the hood.. cuz im the only one thats taking the pic.. (it is built well by the way!) only part that i wasnt happy about is well.. the hood.. lol the latch isnt fitted that well.. it seems too long so it bounces up and down. i dont drive over 80mph right now JUST because of my hood.. But beware... this kit is VERY LOW to the ground. very easy to bottom out.. i've taken a few hits this first week of its installation.. and well this kit is pretty sturdy .. No scratches.. (its still unpainted n un primered)
Old Aug 23, 2004, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Im not sure how many rio red pearl lancers out there have a kit. i myself and trying to get one a ken style one. Please do show us pics .
Old Aug 23, 2004, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

this was taken last tuesday... the day the kit was mounted.. just the front bump. i now have the rear installed i'll show u everything later.. it's kinda far away.. but just to hold ur appetite... u can see the side view

Old Aug 23, 2004, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

cant wait to paint this beeyOtch! Sept4th-5th!!! cant wait!

those other pics will come as soon as i have to leave my house! i didnt mount the side skirts yet.. cuz i need to get my car on some sort of jack/lift
Old Aug 23, 2004, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Wow the guy under the car is having a lot of fun!!!
LOL
What is he doing in there ???

Respect
Old Aug 23, 2004, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

lol thass andy "z-lancer" on evoM. He's Taking off Phil's (MajesticLancer) Greddy cat back.. and transfering it to mine

the rain wouldnt let up that day so.. he's just like "F the rain" we have to get this done!
Old Aug 23, 2004, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

I got a question that has not been answered yet. I'm supposed to be getting mine next month from Dimantha. Is the grill on that one already molded to the front bumper or is it like the crappy regular EVO VII kit and comes in 2 parts? Thanks man!
Old Aug 23, 2004, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BensLancer
I got a question that has not been answered yet. I'm supposed to be getting mine next month from Dimantha. Is the grill on that one already molded to the front bumper or is it like the crappy regular EVO VII kit and comes in 2 parts? Thanks man!

lol grill is molded!! all in one.. this kit is almost flawless! it is seriously pimpin'! i say almost cuz i had to take out my Rear safety bar! for my rear bumper to fit but besides that you bought a good kit! in terms of quality ,fitment and style.

Accolade got a lot of brownie points on this one!

Last edited by Kid Lancer 7; Aug 23, 2004 at 09:34 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

lol YOUR CAR LOOKS SOOOO HOT! (no dissing, just looks funny at the moment) i know it will change! GO LANCERS!
Old Aug 23, 2004, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Kid, but knowing how the people will be driving down there in Raleigh, I might keep the stock rear on unless I can find a way to fit the rear bumper over that safety bar! I gotta run though UPS truck just pulled up with my intake, PEACE!!!!
Old Aug 23, 2004, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

one more thing did they get it to you in one piece or was it cracked up and stuff? aight man!!!
Old Aug 23, 2004, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

You can get it to fit without removing the rear re-bar. You just need to make a cut, down both sides of the license plate indent. That'll give you enough room to push it snug into place
Old Aug 23, 2004, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

yeh it was a ***** to install cuz i removed the lights then installed the kit but then it was hard to put b/c u have the grill in the way where u bolt the lights so we had to take out the bumper again and put the lights on first then re install it. i cut my finger really bad trying to make it fit. haha .. o well.... fitment was great. just as long as u use 3 screws under the housing it will fit tight like a virgin, no gaps.

dave, did u get the SS on yet?

Last edited by imajinmyfx; Aug 23, 2004 at 10:51 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by imajinmyfx
yeh it was a ***** to install cuz i removed the lights then installed the kit but then it was hard to put b/c u have the grill in the way where u bolt the lights so we had to take out the bumper again and put the lights on first then re install it. i cut my finger really bad trying to make it fit. haha .. o well.... fitment was great. just as long as u use 3 screws under the housing it will fit tight like a virgin, no gaps.

dave, did u get the SS on yet?
nah I dont wanna mount the SS yet. cuz im gonna wait for payday to sand the kit down, Primer it and remount it for paint on the weekend.

BTW,

imajinmyfx and majesticLancer have played a big role reconstructing the exterior of my car. Just wanna give them a PRE-thank you for the moment.. but theres a lot left to be done.. im trying to get it all done labor day weekend (hey that's what labor is about!! )

Last edited by Kid Lancer 7; Aug 23, 2004 at 09:16 PM.